Windows 10: My USB Microphone sounds like a chipmunk

Discus and support My USB Microphone sounds like a chipmunk in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I record something, and not just on Skype/Zoom, my voice sounds really sped up and like a chipmunk. When I use the built-in microphone though,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yuting.08, Apr 21, 2020.

1. yuting.08 Win User

My USB Microphone sounds like a chipmunk

Whenever I record something, and not just on Skype/Zoom, my voice sounds really sped up and like a chipmunk. When I use the built-in microphone though, there is a lot of echoes. How do I fix all this?

:)

yuting.08, Apr 21, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Windows Audio and sounding like a chipmunk/on helium!

That startup list is quite big compared to mine.

My USB Microphone sounds like a chipmunk [​IMG]

fireberd, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Windows Audio and sounding like a chipmunk/on helium!

What? Your lists are really long compared to mine, and I should clean mine up too. *chuckle

My USB Microphone sounds like a chipmunk [​IMG]

slicendice, Apr 21, 2020
  4. My USB Microphone sounds like a chipmunk

Windows Audio and sounding like a chipmunk/on helium!

Hi, I have had a problem with Windows Audio for some time. I've never got to the bottom of it and having done a repair-in-place just this week and noted today that it is still present it is time to ask!

If I go to try to record myself using the microphone, or I go to use Skype the audio will sound fast and squeaky. It sounds like one of the chipmunks or like I've consumed helium!

I can easily stop it happening. Open services, find Windows Audio, stop that service, re-start it. Problem gone.

Until I next boot up. Then it will almost certainly be back.

Searches in the past have not found anything that I can see that is similar.

Any ideas?

MarkCornwell, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

My USB Microphone sounds like a chipmunk

1. My USB Microphone sounds like a chipmunk - Similar Threads - USB Microphone sounds

2. Sound is coming to me and to my microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound is coming to me and to my microphone: I recently bought a splitter for my pc because it had two ports and I needed one for my headset I had but when i try to use the microphone it picks up what comes from the computer and my voice. I was wondering if there was a way for it to only pick up my voice because even...
  3. USB Microphone & sound

USB Microphone & sound: What happened? I added my USB professional microphone and my sound went out. I can no longer hear any sound from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-microphone-sound/b74a29e2-079b-443c-98f3-f5e4b747681e
  4. Unwanted microphone sounds when using USB sound input

Unwanted microphone sounds when using USB sound input: I plugged in a USB turntable but the only input where I get sound is the MICROPHONE input. I changed it's input to 24bit Stereo and clicked LISTEN, so I can now hear the sound. Unfortunately the internal microphone is still on so I'm getting lots of echo. I've turned off...
  5. Ring Sound in my microphone

Ring Sound in my microphone: i am having problems with my mic, there is a ring sound coming from it and no audio is being outputted. My built in mic had the same problem but after i reinstalled the driver it it works, but some applications are bugged out. After looking into the problem i was told that...
  6. Microphone sounds like its rolling back and forth

Microphone sounds like its rolling back and forth: So my microphone worked perfectly until i got this voice changer called voicemod which is a popular voice changer that a lot of my friends have and i got it and only had it for a few minutes then got rid of the thing because i realized that it messed up my mic. i tried...
  7. USB Microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Microphone: On plugging in my USB Microphone it shows the error DEVICE DESCRIPTOR REQUEST FAILED There is no option to rollback any drivers, I have tried searching for drivers online. It used to work perfectly about a week ago. I have tried two different other computers and the mic...
  8. my audio sound and microphone removed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    my audio sound and microphone removed.: my audio sound and microphone has been removed. How do I download it back onto my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-audio-sound-and-microphone-removed/1c0f40ca-9beb-4436-ba47-275e5bdcb385
  9. USB Microphone Works in Windows Sound But Not in Other Applications

USB Microphone Works in Windows Sound But Not in Other Applications: My USB mic works in windows sound (I can click listen to device and hear) but not in other applications such as Teamspeak 3, Discord and Skype. I have tried reinstalling my audio drivers and repair installing windows. I have the latest Realtek audio drivers, latest windows...
  10. Windows Audio and sounding like a chipmunk/on helium!

Windows Audio and sounding like a chipmunk/on helium!: Hi, I have had a problem with Windows Audio for some time. I've never got to the bottom of it and having done a repair-in-place just this week and noted today that it is still present it is time to ask! If I go to try to record myself using the microphone, or I go to use...