Windows 10: my usb port quit working after i did a restore point

Discus and support my usb port quit working after i did a restore point in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my usb port quit working after I did a restore point. also, my updates wont install. they download and just hang out no matter how many times I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DBunchStryker, May 9, 2020.

1. my usb port quit working after i did a restore point

my usb port quit working after I did a restore point. also, my updates wont install. they download and just hang out no matter how many times I restart.

:)

DBunchStryker, May 9, 2020

2. non working USB ports

Hi,

In order for us to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What happens when you try to connect a device?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    We suggest you to click this
    link
    , check the post of Azaruddin Syed and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot USB ports.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, May 9, 2020
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

my usb port quit working after i did a restore point [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, May 9, 2020
  4. jjtyler Win User

my usb port quit working after i did a restore point

USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, May 9, 2020
Thema:

my usb port quit working after i did a restore point

1. my usb port quit working after i did a restore point - Similar Threads - usb port quit

2. windows doesnt update after a restart after I did a system restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows doesnt update after a restart after I did a system restore point: I went through 5+ blue screens, 1 failed system restore but the 2nd one worked but after that I wasnt able to update windows at all its showing I have pending windows updates, 50% of files seem to be broken aswell...
  3. windows doesnt update after a restart after I did a system restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows doesnt update after a restart after I did a system restore point: I went through 5+ blue screens, 1 failed system restore but the 2nd one worked but after that I wasnt able to update windows at all its showing I have pending windows updates, 50% of files seem to be broken aswell...
  4. windows doesnt update after a restart after I did a system restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My restore point function is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My restore point function is not working: After creating a restore point, if I go back to check on it there is a red x telling me that I haven't created a restore point and that it is not working. I had this once before, and a very nice Microsoft support person fixed it for me, telling me that "it had been set up to...
  6. My restore point function is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My restore point function is not working: After creating a restore point, if I go back to check on it there is a red x telling me that I haven't created a restore point and that it is not working. I had this once before, and a very nice Microsoft support person fixed it for me, telling me that "it had been set up to...
  7. My restore point function is not working

8. my usb port not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my usb port not working: i have question, about my usb port not working all of a sudden and after i update windows it works normally within a week and 2 days i don't use the usb port i again have problems not being detected by devices such as mouse, keyboard, cellphone and camera...
  9. my usb port not working

my usb port not working: i have question, about my usb port not working all of a sudden and after i update windows it works normally within a week and 2 days i don't use the usb port i again have problems not being detected by devices such as mouse, keyboard, cellphone and camera...
  10. Did I just fry my front USB ports?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did I just fry my front USB ports?: I tried charging a new el cheapo bluetooth speaker on my front USB 3.0 port on my PC. It didn't seem to be charging correctly, as the charge light brightness varied if you wiggled the cord. I moved it to the other front USB 3.0 port, and it was doing the same thing, so I left...