Windows 10: My USB ports don't work and my touchpad doesn't work.

Discus and support My USB ports don't work and my touchpad doesn't work. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Recently My USB ports on my Acer Aspire A515-54 stopped working and I went to device manager using Run but I can't uninstall the drivers without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xQzca, Jun 30, 2020.

1. /u/xQzca Win User

My USB ports don't work and my touchpad doesn't work.

Hello, Recently My USB ports on my Acer Aspire A515-54 stopped working and I went to device manager using Run but I can't uninstall the drivers without a mouse, is there any other solution to this problem?

submitted by /u/xQzca
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xQzca, Jun 30, 2020
  2. JanDufek1 Win User

Front USB ports don't work.

Hi, I have a problem with my frontal USB ports and mic and audio port.

I have two USB ports there and only one works, also my audio and mic ports in the front dont work and when they are enabled in my PC settings, the once in back won't work either. Any suggestions what could be the problem?

JanDufek1, Jun 30, 2020
  3. flamer Win User
    No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Jun 30, 2020
  4. foxslink Win User

USB 3 Ports not working

Hi folks,
    i was trying to copy some files from an external drive using the usb 3 port on my M/B but it doesnt work, i downloaded the drivers from the Manufacturers website but no luck either, am i missing an important step here? i havent checked the Bios yet
    GA-Z170XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

foxslink, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. My USB ports don't work and my touchpad doesn't work. - Similar Threads - USB ports don't

2. Usb ports don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb ports don't work: It was a problem a few days ago with my old pc what i am about to sell. I got to a service and now it worked. But i wanted to reinstall the windowsto sell and now its the language selectionfirst step and its not working. My keyboard and mouse is lighting but there is no...
  3. Usb ports don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb ports don't work: It was a problem a few days ago with my old pc what i am about to sell. I got to a service and now it worked. But i wanted to reinstall the windowsto sell and now its the language selectionfirst step and its not working. My keyboard and mouse is lighting but there is no...
  4. Usb ports don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my usb port not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my usb port not working: i have question, about my usb port not working all of a sudden and after i update windows it works normally within a week and 2 days i don't use the usb port i again have problems not being detected by devices such as mouse, keyboard, cellphone and camera...
  6. my usb port not working

my usb port not working: i have question, about my usb port not working all of a sudden and after i update windows it works normally within a week and 2 days i don't use the usb port i again have problems not being detected by devices such as mouse, keyboard, cellphone and camera...
  7. Sometimes USB ports don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sometimes USB ports don't work: Sometimes my computer's USB ports don't work when the computer wakes up from sleep mode.I have tried everything to solve this but it is probably not so much a problem of the individual parts of my computer and or software but this could be a conflict of the combination.I have...
  8. Sometimes USB ports don't work

Sometimes USB ports don't work: Sometimes my computer's USB ports don't work when the computer wakes up from sleep mode.I have tried everything to solve this but it is probably not so much a problem of the individual parts of my computer and or software but this could be a conflict of the combination.I have...
  9. USB Ports don't work.

USB Ports don't work.: Hello, today my USB ports stopped working and no mouses work on it, I have tried updating the drivers and uninstalling them but it still doesn't work, I have Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire A515-54. Thanks in advance....
  10. USB ports don't work

USB ports don't work: Good afternoon. My laptop has stopped recognizing any device that connects to the USB ports. The message that he doesn't recognize it doesn't even come out...