Windows 10: my usb ports stopped working all of the sudden

Discus and support my usb ports stopped working all of the sudden in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello all. i have been using my computer for quite some time now and all of the sudden all of my ports stopped working. i tried to install drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zezusa013, May 16, 2020.

1. zezusa013 Win User

my usb ports stopped working all of the sudden

hello all.

i have been using my computer for quite some time now and all of the sudden all of my ports stopped working.

i tried to install drivers but nothing helped.

i uninstall usb controllers from the device manager few times.

re-installed, and checked for hardware changes but nothing worked.

and when i try to plug any device it shows the LEDs are on for couple of seconds but then it switches off note: the device i try is working on my laptop

i have the last update of windows 10

and i tried everything from the articles

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au...rking-after-you-remove-or-insert-a-usb-device

please help.. thanks

:)

zezusa013, May 16, 2020
  2. smounce Win User

USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, May 16, 2020
  3. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Johnny andre, May 16, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

USB ports

Hi Frank,

Inserting and removing a USB device repeatedly may cause the USB port to stop responding. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device, and the USB device will not work.

Here are few things that you can do to resolve the issue:

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    • In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
    • Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Turn off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

• In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    • In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab. Uncheck the
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      box.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1. my usb ports stopped working all of the sudden - Similar Threads - usb ports stopped

2. All my USB-A ports stopped working, but my USB-C port works just fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my USB-A ports stopped working, but my USB-C port works just fine.: So, a week ago all my USB-A ports stopped working I have 3. However, my USB-C port works just fine. I've searched the internet for hours and tried every possible solution; from the power management tool in Device Manager, to uninstalling the USB drivers and reinstalling them,...
  3. All my USB-A ports stopped working, but my USB-C port works just fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my USB-A ports stopped working, but my USB-C port works just fine.: So, a week ago all my USB-A ports stopped working I have 3. However, my USB-C port works just fine. I've searched the internet for hours and tried every possible solution; from the power management tool in Device Manager, to uninstalling the USB drivers and reinstalling them,...
  4. My usb port stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My usb port stop working: USB port stop working when plugged in it stop working and I don't know the reason behind it please help me to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-port-stop-working/eb8e4c05-873e-43c8-96a2-1f70eee2e0fe
  5. all of my ports stopped working all of the sudden.

all of my ports stopped working all of the sudden.: hello all. so basically my ports stopped working i only have 3 ports on the back that they are still working but all of the remaining ports stopped even the front ones and the type C ports. and its kinda weird because i think they give small power if i plug a hard drive...
  6. Windows All USB ports stopped working this afternoon

Windows All USB ports stopped working this afternoon: I'm not sure what happened here but all 3 of my USB ports have stopped working. I didn't do a system update nor did I download or install any new programs. The USB devices do work on other computers just not this one. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 with Windows 10....
  7. USB ports suddenly not working...

USB ports suddenly not working...: Mouse and keyboard are suddenly on strike because suddenly my USB ports are dead. I really don't know how that happened, tried everything to get them all working again... And did I mention that the mouse pointer is gone too? Tried several keyboards and mice, to no avail......
  8. USB ports suddenly not working...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB ports suddenly not working...: Mouse and keyboard are suddenly on strike because suddenly my USB ports are dead. I really don't know how that happened, tried everything to get them all working again... And did I mention that the mouse pointer is gone too? Tried several keyboards and mice, to no avail......
  9. All of my USB Controller drivers suddenly stopped working

All of my USB Controller drivers suddenly stopped working: Everything was working fine - I went out for about an hour and came back to my PC and the mouse and keyboard had stopped working. They work fine in BIOS and in the Automatic Repair screen so I know it's a Windows issue, not a hardware one. I was finally able to borrow a PS/2...
  10. USB ports suddenly stopped working!

USB ports suddenly stopped working!: Two of the USB ports on my computer have suddenly stopped working. I've tried everything I can think of to re-start them, but to no avail. Any more ideas out there?...