Windows 10: My usb speeds are extremely slow

Discus and support My usb speeds are extremely slow in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am facing problems just during transferring from my pc to a USB drive. I get around 2 Mbps speed. But while transferring from USB to pc, I get 20-25... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RahulDesai_1999, Jan 18, 2019.

1. My usb speeds are extremely slow

I am facing problems just during transferring from my pc to a USB drive. I get around 2 Mbps speed. But while transferring from USB to pc, I get 20-25 Mbps speeds. What can I do to solve this?

:)

RahulDesai_1999, Jan 18, 2019

2. transfer speeds ,copying files extremely difficult

transfer speed to 3.0 usb from explorer file in pc extremely slow,worst i ever seen.all day to transfer one iso file.

CoryMarsh1, Jan 18, 2019
  3. smeers Win User
    Extremely slow Win10 with constant 100% disk

My Dell Inspiron 3147 (11 inch) continuously preforms extremely slow at everything; from loading Windows initially to logging in to opening programs...

Doing anything from a USB flash drive is much faster, however, for some reason.

So I checked task manager (with nothing else open on a fresh install) and disk usage was 100%, no matter what I did, with speeds extremely slow as well.

I'm not sure if my drive is fried or corrupted, but is there a way to solve this? I don't think it is fully broken if this is still bootable.

Thanks for help in advance!

EDIT: All the specifications listed on my account are the same for this specific system.

(Also, running Ubuntu off of a separate USB stick, not touching the main drive, worked at expected speeds too. This supports that it is a drive issue.)

tl;dr: Laptop is extremely slow with the drive being at a constant 100% usage. Everything but the drive runs at normal speeds.

smeers, Jan 18, 2019
  4. My usb speeds are extremely slow

Extremely slow USB 3 HDD transfer rate on one PC but not the other

I have this Transcend Storage Jet external HDD. I was using it with my desktop Win 10 which supported USB 2.0. The transfer rate was satisfactory over 15MB/s. However, when I tried it on my new Lenovo ideapad 510 which supports USB 3.0 and using its USB 3.0 port, the transfer rate is going at a few 100 KB/s.

The copy window seems to pause a long time interval and only updates the speed and progress bar for just 1 frame every so often. Below is the CrystalDiskMark of this drive:

My usb speeds are extremely slow 2uMq6.png

I've also tried the USB 2.0 ports on my laptop. The results are similar except for SeqQ32T1 and Seq which achieved > 30 MB/s

I've tried the following methods.

Disable Quick Removal Method

I've tried the most accepted answer of this: Extremely slow USB transfer speed but the problems are:

1. It doesn't work
    2. My old PC also does quick removal and there was no transfer problem.

TeraCopy method

However, using TeraCopy, the speed can achieve 32MB/s with the USB 2 port on my laptop. But this is just avoiding the problem, not actually solving it. Actually, the result is exactly the same using Explorer to copy.

Daniel Cheung, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

My usb speeds are extremely slow

1. My usb speeds are extremely slow - Similar Threads - usb speeds are

2. Overall download speeds are extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overall download speeds are extremely slow.: When I try to download games, the speeds are around 1-3mb/s, this is consistent with all the launchers I tested. When downloading files from the web, it's around 100kb/s. I did an internet test and I got around 10mb/s on both download and upload. On another pc it's 60mb/s and...
  3. Overall download speeds are extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Overall download speeds are extremely slow.: When I try to download games, the speeds are around 1-3mb/s, this is consistent with all the launchers I tested. When downloading files from the web, it's around 100kb/s. I did an internet test and I got around 10mb/s on both download and upload. On another pc it's 60mb/s and...
  4. Overall download speeds are extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Extremely slow download speeds

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Extremely slow download speeds: A few days ago I tried to download Forza Horizon 4 on my new pc from Microsoft store. After about a minute of downloading at 50 mb/s, my download speeds dropped to around 5 mb/s. I ran a speed test and am getting speeds of around 20 mb/s. Is there a way to increase download...
  6. My download speeds are extremely slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My download speeds are extremely slow!: For the past couple of days, my computer's download speeds have been really slow, like 200 kb. It is ok, but my computer is usually downloading at 20 mb. I have already tried everything I could find on the internet about it, and I did a internet speed test and it was fine. So...
  7. Extremely slow internet speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely slow internet speed: When i open Task Manager it clearly says that Steam is using 50% network at 45mbps. But when i open steam the game is only downloading at 5mbps. Help please submitted by /u/Chuck-E_Cheeks [link] [comments]...
  8. Extremely Slow Write Transfer Speeds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow Write Transfer Speeds: Hello All, Not sure if this is the place for this or not. I recently upgraded from Windows Home Server 2011 to Windows 10 Pro due to whs being limited to 8gb of RAM and causing some other issues. I am seeing EXTREMELY slow transfer speeds across my network since my upgrade...
  9. Wireless internet extremely slow speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless internet extremely slow speeds: Been trying to diagnose extremely slow wireless internet speeds. Windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.316. Wireless adapter is a Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Adapter. Using linetest.nz shows an average download speed of approx. 1-1.5mbps, sometimes as high as 5, or as low...
  10. My usb speeds are slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My usb speeds are slow: I want to update my drivers, I think that's the solution but I cant find the suitable drivers. My laptop is Lenovo 310-15ikb laptop (ideapad). What should I try?...