Windows 10: my usb ssd is recognized as a hdd in windows. how do i fix it?

Discus and support my usb ssd is recognized as a hdd in windows. how do i fix it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, i have a usb ssd which windows recognizes as a hdd. I have tried winsat format, winsat diskformal and winsat disk -drive L, which is the extent of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AdvertisingExact, Feb 20, 2021.

1. my usb ssd is recognized as a hdd in windows. how do i fix it?

So, i have a usb ssd which windows recognizes as a hdd. I have tried winsat format, winsat diskformal and winsat disk -drive L, which is the extent of the other solutions i have found. none worked.
    OS build: 18363.1379

submitted by /u/AdvertisingExact
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AdvertisingExact, Feb 20, 2021

2. External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10

As already someone asked years ago (External SSD not recognized as SSD in Windows 10) without any positive fix, I'm here to do the same question again.

Why my windows 10 pro x64 v1903, after years of updates/upgrades since the above question (topic) was made, my windows is still recognizing an external SSD as an HDD???

This problem was present in Windows 10 version 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803, 1809 and the last one 1903!!

As performance doesn't matter, is not the point, the problem is while optimizing an SSD via dfrgui.exe the OS manage the drive as an SSD and do its job in few seconds, doing the same for an SSD as an HDD is completely different:
    unuseful and harmful for the drive.

How is possible, if it is, to set windows to recognize correctly the drive? If you want a screen shot the one in the mentioned above post is always current

The drive involved, also if I think is not useful for this purpose, is an SSD INTEL DSC2KW256G8 USB 3 plugged in a USB 3 port

Tks in advance

AndreaThe One, Feb 20, 2021
  3. External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to External SSD showing as HDD when connected to the PC using USB 3.0 port. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Have you tried connecting the SSD to any other PC?
    2. Are you using any converter to connect the SSD through USB 3.0 port?
    3. Are you using a RAID configuration?

I have researched on your query and found that the SSD that you are using is an internal SSD drive, in this case I would suggest you to try updating the Intel Rapid Storage drivers from the

intel website
    and see if that helps.

In addition, this issue can occur if the SSD is connected to a SATA controller that is identified as RAID (SCSI). I would suggest you to try connecting the SSD to a SATA port that uses AHCI controller such as Intel SATA controller/chipset.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 20, 2021
  4. my usb ssd is recognized as a hdd in windows. how do i fix it?

Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

my usb ssd is recognized as a hdd in windows. how do i fix it?

1. my usb ssd is recognized as a hdd in windows. how do i fix it? - Similar Threads - usb ssd recognized

2. How do I get my ssd with windows recognized by BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my ssd with windows recognized by BIOS?: I have windows on my HDD and I want to switch it over to SSD. So I installed windows installation media onto an USB and tried to reset my pc and reboot using the USB. Now my pc is stuck on the windows getting ready screen and my BIOS won’t show the SSD that I installed...
  3. How do I get my ssd with windows recognized by BIOS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my ssd with windows recognized by BIOS?: I have windows on my HDD and I want to switch it over to SSD. So I installed windows installation media onto an USB and tried to reset my pc and reboot using the USB. Now my pc is stuck on the windows getting ready screen and my BIOS won’t show the SSD that I installed...
  4. How do I get my ssd with windows recognized by BIOS?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how do i fix the USB device is not recognized error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix the USB device is not recognized error?: i have tried EVERYTHING and watched every single video on youtube for a fix and looked up some sites like reddit and quora but no difference, the error is still here and its so freaking annoying and i hope someone atleas...
  6. how do i fix the USB device is not recognized error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i fix the USB device is not recognized error?: i have tried EVERYTHING and watched every single video on youtube for a fix and looked up some sites like reddit and quora but no difference, the error is still here and its so freaking annoying and i hope someone atleas...
  7. My SSD is recognized as HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My SSD is recognized as HDD: i have a problem where task manager reads SSD as HDD but previously task manager reads my SSD correctly. but I don't know what I did last time. can anyone help me?Screenshot taken from — 07/01/2021:Screenshot taken from — 08/13/2021:...
  8. My SSD is recognized as HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My SSD is recognized as HDD: i have a problem where task manager reads SSD as HDD but previously task manager reads my SSD correctly. but I don't know what I did last time. can anyone help me?Screenshot taken from — 07/01/2021:Screenshot taken from — 08/13/2021:...
  9. External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10: As already someone asked years ago (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-ssd-not-recognized-as-ssd-in-windows-10/70716cb4-34a8-475c-8267-c4a5669beeeb) without any positive fix, I'm here to do the same question again. Why my windows 10 pro x64...
  10. How to fix USB not recognized on windows10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix USB not recognized on windows10?: Randomly my computer(Windows 10) doesn't even recognize my usb connection to my phone oddly. I tried uninstall the drive then reinstall it and nothing work. Restarted my computer and phone nothing changed. I had never had this issue before and my phone is a LG optimus and...