Windows 10: My USB switch is not detected by Win11

Discus and support My USB switch is not detected by Win11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought an USB device a few weeks ago. It is this one: KVM Switch, eppfun 4 Ports USB Share USB Switch for 2 PCs, 2-In 4-Out Switch with 2 USB Cables... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Robert S. 123, Feb 5, 2023.

1. My USB switch is not detected by Win11

I bought an USB device a few weeks ago. It is this one: KVM Switch, eppfun 4 Ports USB Share USB Switch for 2 PCs, 2-In 4-Out Switch with 2 USB Cables and Remote Control, for Printer, Scanner, Keyboard, Mouse, Supports USB Audio Transmitter : Amazon.de: Computer & AccessoriesIt worked fine on my Win10 laptop and my Win7 PC. There was no need for a driver yet. It used some default drivers Generic USB Hub.Now I bought a new PC with Win11 and the USB switch is not recognized at all. This means there is no popup when I plug it in, no entry in the device manager at all not even an unknown de

:)

Robert S. 123, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not being detected by Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that when you connect the Nintendo Switch Pro controller to the computer, it is not being detected, we will look into this for you.

However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• Does the Nintendo Switch Pro controller gets detected in any other computer?
    • Were you able to use the Nintendo Switch Pro controller earlier on your current computer?
    • Is any other USB Device detected on your computer?
    • Do you see any Unknown device or a yellow yield sign on any device in Device Manager?
    • May I know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?

To check for unknown devices, you can press Windows key + X, and select
    Device Manager.

If you see any Unknown device or a device with yellow yield, right click on the device and select
    Update Driver.

However, we would also suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Error: “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive.
    except Method 1 and 2 and check if that helps in resolving the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 5, 2023
  3. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 5, 2023
  4. My USB switch is not detected by Win11

usb external harddrive is not detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with detecting external hard drive via USB 3.0 port, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted or out dated port drivers.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Write Troubleshooting
      in the search box and hit Enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting
      tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the USB driver for the computer and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows and X together and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the Universal Serial Bus Controller and expand the driver icon.

• Right Click on all the USB driver icon and select
      Uninstall
    Restart the computer. After restarting the computer, USB driver will automatically be installed.

As an additional resource, please refer to the below links and check if it helps.

Install USB 3.0 and other USB devices

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Kindly get back with the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

My USB switch is not detected by Win11

1. My USB switch is not detected by Win11 - Similar Threads - USB switch detected

2. My USB switch is not detected by Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB switch is not detected by Win11: I bought an USB device a few weeks ago. It is this one: KVM Switch, eppfun 4 Ports USB Share USB Switch for 2 PCs, 2-In 4-Out Switch with 2 USB Cables and Remote Control, for Printer, Scanner, Keyboard, Mouse, Supports USB Audio Transmitter : Amazon.de: Computer &...
  3. Account Switch Detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Switch Detected: Unable to sign into OneDriveAccount Switch Detected We were unable to verify your account. Please sign in for [user]@[O365Domain].com or cancel and try a different account. User's Admin account is tied to a Microsoft account; [user]@gmail.comUser was signed into OneDrive on...
  4. Account Switch Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Switch Detected: Unable to sign into OneDriveAccount Switch Detected We were unable to verify your account. Please sign in for [user]@[O365Domain].com or cancel and try a different account. User's Admin account is tied to a Microsoft account; [user]@gmail.comUser was signed into OneDrive on...
  5. Account Switch Detected

6. Switch pro controller not detected by my PC.

Switch pro controller not detected by my PC.: Hi. Plugging in my switch pro controller into my PC does nothing: The controller simply isn't detected as any sort of USB device. There is no USB connection sound. It does not show up in devices and printers and it does not show up in device manager as any sort of USB device....
  7. Switch usb

Switch usb: Hi, often when I shut down the system it tells me that there is running "usb swicth app" but I can't find it in the system, does anyone know what it is? Thanks 169184
  8. USB not detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB not detected: Hey, i recently install a virus, boom, then my computer got corrupted, tried to perform a reset, did not work, so then i tried reinstall windows via installation media, no usb is showing up, i tried a dvd and nothing...
  9. USB not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not detected: Only the USB drives in the back of the desktop computer work. The ones in front won't recognize any USB drives or devices connected by cables. It's like they don't exist. Troublshooter doesn't find any problems. What do I do? I'm too old to be crawling around on the floor...
  10. USB not detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB not detected: Hello, I was in the process of downloading Windows 10 I selected Do it for another PC then it just said I don't have enough space on my C drive. I already plugged in my thumb drive but it still said I need space on my C drive. Do I need space on my C drive first? Help me,...