Windows 10: My user accounts are no longer functional

Discus and support My user accounts are no longer functional in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer, Windows 10, was frozed so I was forced to do a hard reboot. When it came back up it, the login was different. It asked for a password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CaseyStew, May 30, 2020.

1. CaseyStew Win User

My user accounts are no longer functional

My computer, Windows 10, was frozed so I was forced to do a hard reboot.

When it came back up it, the login was different. It asked for a password rather than my pin and the password does not work.

There are no other login options.

I was able to use a Windows 10 install disk to fire up a command prompt, but Windows no longer seems to know about my account.

The folder is still there in c:\Users but I can't seem to find any profiles for my account in the registry.

Any ideas?

:)

CaseyStew, May 30, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 30, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, May 30, 2020
  4. My user accounts are no longer functional

Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 30, 2020
Thema:

My user accounts are no longer functional

1. My user accounts are no longer functional - Similar Threads - user accounts are

2. Key no longer functional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key no longer functional: one of the keys on my microsoft ergonomic keyboar has stoppe working. Can you guess which one? I am using Microsoft 11. Help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-no-longer-functional/ce5c42f7-fa70-4310-8984-439eafa70b2c
  3. Key no longer functional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Key no longer functional: one of the keys on my microsoft ergonomic keyboar has stoppe working. Can you guess which one? I am using Microsoft 11. Help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-no-longer-functional/ce5c42f7-fa70-4310-8984-439eafa70b2c
  4. MSPaint no longer functions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSPaint no longer functions: After recent "update", MSPAINT no longer allows any options to be selected. Can't even select "DON'T SAVE" upon attempted program exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mspaint-no-longer-functions/46337171-74af-455b-80aa-b5b296f582bd
  5. MSPaint no longer functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSPaint no longer functions: After recent "update", MSPAINT no longer allows any options to be selected. Can't even select "DON'T SAVE" upon attempted program exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mspaint-no-longer-functions/46337171-74af-455b-80aa-b5b296f582bd
  6. MSPaint no longer functions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. user functions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user functions: so after reinstalling windows 10 I now have profiles and users that have programs files separated in different folders and drives disabling many functions. some folders are read-only and split into a library and network area. how can I go to a single user/profile and get...
  8. User accounts no longer accessible after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User accounts no longer accessible after update: Literally overnight, there is only 1 out of 4 user accounts that are accessible via login - the other three accounts are not even an option. What happened?!...
  9. bluetooth no longer functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth no longer functioning: My bluetooth function no longer works, the click tab option to engage the bluetooth function is now completely missing. Under device manager the bluetooth device has moved to the 'hidden' tab, I've run multiple troubleshoots for this issue, run searches for any and all driver...
  10. Weatherbug will no longer function on my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weatherbug will no longer function on my desktop: I've tried repairing the app, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, with no result. Here's what it looks like -- just a white blank where all the info should appear....