Windows 10: My user folder has just disappeared (NOT THE USERS FOLDER but the folder with my user’s...

Discus and support My user folder has just disappeared (NOT THE USERS FOLDER but the folder with my user’s... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Pls help submitted by /u/Delete-JakePaul [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Delete-JakePaul, Oct 26, 2020.

1. My user folder has just disappeared (NOT THE USERS FOLDER but the folder with my user’s...

/u/Delete-JakePaul, Oct 26, 2020
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

My user folder has just disappeared (NOT THE USERS FOLDER but the folder with my user’s... upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Oct 26, 2020
  4. newn Win User

My user folder has just disappeared (NOT THE USERS FOLDER but the folder with my user’s...

Windows 7 - change user temp folder.

Hi all,
    i would like to change user temp folder, becausze i can't install Nero. How to do that? I know how to change Windows temp folder, but not user.

Thema:

My user folder has just disappeared (NOT THE USERS FOLDER but the folder with my user’s...

1. My user folder has just disappeared (NOT THE USERS FOLDER but the folder with my user’s... - Similar Threads - user folder has

2. Hello, my users folder has the download folder in it. My original user is inside the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hello, my users folder has the download folder in it. My original user is inside the...: Hello, my users folder has the download folder in it. My original user is inside the downloads folder. Can anyone help? this is how it looks like. Please help, and also how can I use my hdd as the main storage?...
  3. Hello, my users folder has the download folder in it. My original user is inside the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, my users folder has the download folder in it. My original user is inside the...: Hello, my users folder has the download folder in it. My original user is inside the downloads folder. Can anyone help? this is how it looks like. Please help, and also how can I use my hdd as the main storage?...
  4. Hello, my users folder has the download folder in it. My original user is inside the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User folders: Hi, why I got this 2 folders instead of one and why my things go to the second one instead of the default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-folders/635750fb-d284-4a01-b184-a16db430f2bd
  6. Users folder

Users folder: So I have 3 folders under Users. I have one of just my name, one of my name with "DESKTOP" and a number and letter code after, and a public folder. I just want to know how I can only have 1 folder with everything in it, and how to change the name....
  7. My Users\{myname} folder has disappeared

My Users\{myname} folder has disappeared: If it's significant, I also use OneDrive, and my documents used to link to the This PC > Windows C: > Users > {myname} folder, but that Users folder now only contains Default, Public, and one other name sub-folders. It's a new computer, and One Drive worked great in moving...
  8. User folder ****

in Windows 10 Customization
    User folder ****: Why does the microsoft userfolder have such a stupid naming policy and even worse cannot be changed? Will this be changed in the future? Is there a workaround? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-folder/ab4efb9b-b739-4209-854a-4af578ae4eb8
  9. My user folder(s) have merged with the "User" folder???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My user folder(s) have merged with the "User" folder???: I just got a 2TB HDD to go along side my 500GB SSD, started moving folders like "Documents" and "Pictures" over to the HDD, but realized that it was merging the folders I was moving with the folders I was moving them into. Then i successfully moved "Videos" back to my SSD but...
  10. My User folder now has no extension, it's just a file

My User folder now has no extension, it's just a file: I'm trying to understand why my user folder changed to a file. It was a folder, and i could access %appdata% with it, but now i have to open a game, to try opening it. How do i solve this?...