Windows 10: My user folder(s) have merged with the "User" folder???

Discus and support My user folder(s) have merged with the "User" folder??? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got a 2TB HDD to go along side my 500GB SSD, started moving folders like "Documents" and "Pictures" over to the HDD, but realized that it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HomeCactus, Apr 16, 2020.

1. My user folder(s) have merged with the "User" folder???

I just got a 2TB HDD to go along side my 500GB SSD, started moving folders like "Documents" and "Pictures" over to the HDD, but realized that it was merging the folders I was moving with the folders I was moving them into. Then i successfully moved "Videos" back to my SSD but only to find that I had merged with the "Users" folder. Why? How can I fix this?

Note: I have never used a multi-drive system before. I have also been using macOS for most of my "technologically aware" life.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help. If you need more info, don't hesitate to ask.

submitted by /u/HomeCactus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HomeCactus, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, May 23, 2020
  3. LukaMurn Win User
    Desktop and user folder merging

I was recently messing around with the desktop folder and I exidentaly
    merged it with my user folder. i tried to reverse it but it wuld not let me.

LukaMurn, May 23, 2020
  4. My user folder(s) have merged with the "User" folder???

Desktop and user folder merging

Hi,

There are different ways for you to recover the previous folder settings on your computer. One of these is by following the steps below to organize and relocate your desktop or user folder.

• Press Windows key + E to launch File Explorer.
    • Right-click on the special folder that you want to restore (Desktop).
    • Then select Properties.
    • Navigate to the Location tab.
    • Click Restore Default.
    • Then click Apply to save the changes.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, May 23, 2020
Thema:

My user folder(s) have merged with the "User" folder???

1. My user folder(s) have merged with the "User" folder??? - Similar Threads - user folder merged

2. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder: hello, I was moving my user folder from my SSD to my HDD, I first started with the desktop folder but decided to move it back, I ended up merging my user and desktop file.i Have tried to follow the answer to this question, but it didn't work:...
  3. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder: hello, I was moving my user folder from my SSD to my HDD, I first started with the desktop folder but decided to move it back, I ended up merging my user and desktop file.i Have tried to follow the answer to this question, but it didn't work:...
  4. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Merged User folder and Download folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merged User folder and Download folder: What I did is i merged my download folder with my hp folderI decided to move my download folder from c to d drive so i did that later i decided to move it back to its orignal place but i accidently merged them. After seeing from many web site and youtube they said me that in...
  6. Accidently merged desktop folder with user folder renaming user folder

Accidently merged desktop folder with user folder renaming user folder: while trying to move Desktop folder from one drive to another I accidently merged the two. I then followed the directions in the following link and succeeded in separating the two using registry...
  7. Users folder merged with pictures

Users folder merged with pictures: Hello, so the other day I was trying to move some folders from my SSD to my HDD, and in the process I somehow merged the users folder with my Pictures folder, I was wondering if there is any way I can get this fixed by myself or will I have to hire someone with experience to...
  8. Merged Downloads Folder with Users Folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merged Downloads Folder with Users Folder.: So I accidentally merged the Downloads folder with my Users folder. I've tried the registry fix to no avail. I don't really want to do a fresh install but it appears I may have to. Any help? Thanks submitted by /u/IrishDejent [link] [comments]...
  9. Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder: Hello. I'm reposting this because last time I posted this, I got a reply, but no complete answer. I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder...
  10. Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder: Hello. I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder named Downloads instead of pengu that has all of my user folders in it. Its address is still...