Windows 10: My user folders don't have my user name, and are missing folders

Discus and support My user folders don't have my user name, and are missing folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know there are folders that should be in users like appdata, but they are not there. The user folder contains the desktop link, videos, downloads,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ben King Hi, Jun 22, 2024.

1. My user folders don't have my user name, and are missing folders

I know there are folders that should be in users like appdata, but they are not there. The user folder contains the desktop link, videos, downloads, favorites and others, but not some of the basics that should be present. I need to get at a whole host of things stored in my user appdata, but can't find it anywhere. Any tips? Also screencaps are failing to upload.

:)

Ben King Hi, Jun 22, 2024

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 22, 2024
  3. KidmanPE Win User
    User Account folder name

Well... that accomplished absolutely nothing! F2 alone brought up my volume bar. Ctrl-F2 = nothing! Fn-F2 = nothing! And, finally, Alt-F2 = nothing! What's supposed to happen when I "click" the User [my (sorta) name] folder and press the F2 key?!

KidmanPE, Jun 22, 2024
  4. Nicrite Win User

My user folders don't have my user name, and are missing folders

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jun 22, 2024
Thema:

My user folders don't have my user name, and are missing folders

1. My user folders don't have my user name, and are missing folders - Similar Threads - user folders don't

2. My user folders don't have my user name, and are missing folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My user folders don't have my user name, and are missing folders: I know there are folders that should be in users like appdata, but they are not there. The user folder contains the desktop link, videos, downloads, favorites and others, but not some of the basics that should be present. I need to get at a whole host of things stored in my...
  3. User folder name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User folder name: I set up my new pc and it's showing as C:\Users\User. I've noticed from reading and watching online people they have their name or a user account name ie C:Users\Tim. I'm the only person using my pc, should I set myself up as a new User, or should I just change the folder...
  4. Folder name in user

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Folder name in user: How to change the folder name in user in dock C Folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-name-in-user/ff87001d-58f4-4398-8af8-d9ed39632bd0
  5. User folder not showing my name!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folder not showing my name!!!!!!: hi, thank you for showing interest in my questionMy concern is, in user folder in my pc under c drive is not showing my nameex- Downloads folder is having path - C\user\jagce\desktopbut while I check user folder in c drive its showing folder naming desktop & public...
  6. User Folder Name

User Folder Name: So earlier I accidentally merged my music folder with my user folder, so in my C:\User directory instead of seeing C:\Users\MyName I saw C:\Users\Music. I did fix this problem but my user folder name is still music instead of my name. I also can't rename the folder back to my...
  7. Change the name of my user folder

Change the name of my user folder: Is it possible to change the name of my user folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-name-of-my-user-folder/2d7e3d7a-ed14-4026-8a68-31475cc8e2a4
  8. My user folder(s) have merged with the "User" folder???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My user folder(s) have merged with the "User" folder???: I just got a 2TB HDD to go along side my 500GB SSD, started moving folders like "Documents" and "Pictures" over to the HDD, but realized that it was merging the folders I was moving with the folders I was moving them into. Then i successfully moved "Videos" back to my SSD but...
  9. The name of my User folder is misspelled.

The name of my User folder is misspelled.: I recently had to get my hard drive replaced, and the computer repair guy misspelled my name on the User drive. It's not detrimental to anything, but it's really annoying. How do I change this? Or, how do I make a new account, and will I need to put all of my files and...
  10. Changing my USERS folder name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing my USERS folder name: Windows 10 currently on the Fall Creators update. When I got my new notebook, I was having a problem with the Windows Store. A Microsoft tech determined that my user profile was messed up, added a new account, and deleted the problematic one. all was good. The problem...