Windows 10: My user profile and data done Windows 10

Discus and support My user profile and data done Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I accidentally pressed a function key in the keyboard in my msi laptop and I logged in as a new user and in that new user account Windows C data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Visna Jayasinghe, Jul 6, 2022.

1. My user profile and data done Windows 10

Hi I accidentally pressed a function key in the keyboard in my msi laptop and I logged in as a new user and in that new user account Windows C data including photo, videos and downloads... Are gone. But when I check into the Windows D folder there is a new folder call 'User' and inside that, all the lost data is there. How can I restore them into my previous user account. Thank you.

:)

Visna Jayasinghe, Jul 6, 2022
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 6, 2022
  3. (WINDOWS 10)"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while logging-in with the guest user account on Windows 10.

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 6, 2022
  4. LouiseYon Win User

My user profile and data done Windows 10

How to change the Value data to 0 on a user profile.

I am trying to check user Value data to determine if my user profile has a corrupt profile. I tried to follow the steps I found in another question/answer and found it to be for Windows 7 not for Windows 10. All the step options could not be found. I can
    log on but when trying to open a program from the shortcut on my desktop it starts to open then just stops. I created another user profile and shared my programs and desktop to new user and can access my programs from there and work with them but would really
    like to find out why my user profile would not let me open the programs. while following the steps I had I was able to find the Security Identification folders but then it wanted me to double-click the ProfileImagePath and there was nothing there with that
    name. This step was to see if my user profile ended with .bak or .ba. Then I was to move on to the RefCount to set/change the Value data to "0". Can someone help me with the steps for Windows 10 to check for a corrupt user and how to fix it.

LouiseYon, Jul 6, 2022
Thema:

My user profile and data done Windows 10

1. My user profile and data done Windows 10 - Similar Threads - user profile data

2. User profile and all of my data is gone/ windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile and all of my data is gone/ windows 11: My user profile is still the same but my data, docs, photos, and downloads have disappeared from my laptop running windows 11. I started my computer this morning and when it booted my screen saver photo, apps and everything else was gone. When it was booting it said windows...
  3. User profile and all of my data is gone/ windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile and all of my data is gone/ windows 11: My user profile is still the same but my data, docs, photos, and downloads have disappeared from my laptop running windows 11. I started my computer this morning and when it booted my screen saver photo, apps and everything else was gone. When it was booting it said windows...
  4. Serious problem with Windows 10 Temporary User Profile so all my users data are missing,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serious problem with Windows 10 Temporary User Profile so all my users data are missing,...: This day 1 November 2022, i got a blue screen that i forgot the code, then my pc suddenly restart and do repair. After it done i can go back log in as usual. Then i got notification that i logged in with a temporary profile and suddenly all my users folder downloads,...
  5. Serious problem with Windows 10 Temporary User Profile so all my users data are missing,...

Serious problem with Windows 10 Temporary User Profile so all my users data are missing,...: This day 1 November 2022, i got a blue screen that i forgot the code, then my pc suddenly restart and do repair. After it done i can go back log in as usual. Then i got notification that i logged in with a temporary profile and suddenly all my users folder downloads,...
  6. Serious problem with Windows 10 Temporary User Profile so all my users data are missing,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My user profile and data done Windows 10

My user profile and data done Windows 10: Hi I accidentally pressed a function key in the keyboard in my msi laptop and I logged in as a new user and in that new user account Windows C data including photo, videos and downloads... Are gone. But when I check into the Windows D folder there is a new folder call 'User'...
  8. My user profile and data done Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My user profile and data done Windows 10: Hi I accidentally pressed a function key in the keyboard in my msi laptop and I logged in as a new user and in that new user account Windows C data including photo, videos and downloads... Are gone. But when I check into the Windows D folder there is a new folder call 'User'...
  9. User profile and all of my data is gone / windows 10

User profile and all of my data is gone / windows 10: My user profile and all my data, docs, photos, music, videos have disappeared from my laptop running windows 10. I was using my computer happily and hit restart and when it rebooted all of my info was gone!!! Please help me! Thanks...
  10. Deleted files and data as it was a temporary user profile

Deleted files and data as it was a temporary user profile: Windows technical advisor recovered my documents and files. All on my desktop. I had lost access to them as i was logged into a temporary user profile. Anyways i have take computer to a shop, the guy checked whole hard drive, nothing is there. He thinks the advisor cut all...