Windows 10: My UserName Microsoft Account linked to an old deleted one - can't change it.

Discus and support My UserName Microsoft Account linked to an old deleted one - can't change it. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; As per 'Subject'. I somehow ended up with two Microsoft Accounts. I settled on just one and have deleted the unwanted one. However Windows still... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GeoffWood1, Mar 18, 2019.

1. My UserName Microsoft Account linked to an old deleted one - can't change it.

As per 'Subject'.

I somehow ended up with two Microsoft Accounts. I settled on just one and have deleted the unwanted one.

However Windows still indicates me as being the old MS account. After logging on (with Local Logon which is my preference) I usually get a notification that there is a problem with my Microsoft Acoount "Possibly the password has changed" .

I seem unable to get it to forget the unwanted one, and associate to the remaining valid account.

Any ideas ?

geoff

:)

GeoffWood1, Mar 18, 2019

2. change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

Hi Dave,

To help you with your concern in deleting your Microsoft account from a device, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you tried deleting your Microsoft account directly from the old laptop?
    • How did you go about removing the account from the old laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new local account with admin rights first, then remove the current Microsoft account by following the steps on this

article

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Mar 18, 2019
  4. My UserName Microsoft Account linked to an old deleted one - can't change it.

How do I delete my account?

vBulletin needs some simple function, just like "register", called "deregister". What does it do? Turns off the account. Can no longer post. Other users see the person has left and don't expect answers. (Status: deregistered). All messaging is stopped. Email and password is deleted from database. However, POSTS remain, as does the username in the user database. The username cannot be reused.

This can be functionally replicated with what w1z suggested earlier in the thread, ie. fill in the email with nonsense and manually delete anything you want removed. However, it is more elegant to have a deregister function, just as you have unsubscribe to mailing lists, just as you deregister with the various authorities when you move house etc. etc.

However, users should bang on at the forum software developers to implement this, not the forum admins themselves, who bought the software with fixed functionality.

In fact, there is an add-on for vbulletin End-User Options - Self Delete: Allow users to self-delete their account - vBulletin.org Forum

lemonadesoda, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

My UserName Microsoft Account linked to an old deleted one - can't change it.

1. My UserName Microsoft Account linked to an old deleted one - can't change it. - Similar Threads - UserName Microsoft Account

2. Change the username in one account in Windows mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the username in one account in Windows mail: My email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. For this emailadress I have two accounts – gmail and gmail2.On my windows mail I have both accounts. The problem is that on Gmail2 my name shows as Johan Fahlman. It´s the wrong name and I want to change it. How do I...
  3. Change the username in one account in Windows mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the username in one account in Windows mail: My email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. For this emailadress I have two accounts – gmail and gmail2.On my windows mail I have both accounts. The problem is that on Gmail2 my name shows as Johan Fahlman. It´s the wrong name and I want to change it. How do I...
  4. Change username for microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  5. Change username for microsoft account

Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  6. Email linked to old Microsoft account was deleted a long time ago, is it possible to change...

Email linked to old Microsoft account was deleted a long time ago, is it possible to change...: An old email account I had linked to my Microsoft account on my PC was deleted a while back, and I still have the Microsoft account as my main account on Windows 10, I want to change the email linked to said account but I'm not sure if I can. Is there a way to log in?...
  7. Email linked to old Microsoft account was deleted a long time ago, is it possible to change...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Email linked to old Microsoft account was deleted a long time ago, is it possible to change...: An old email account I had linked to my Microsoft account on my PC was deleted a while back, and I still have the Microsoft account as my main account on Windows 10, I want to change the email linked to said account but I'm not sure if I can. Is there a way to log in?...
  8. Email linked to old Microsoft account was deleted a long time ago, is it possible to change...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Username recovery, two accounts linked to one email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Username recovery, two accounts linked to one email: I have been told someone in Russia has logged in to a microsoft account linked to my gmail, as I do not live anywhere near Russia I find this worrying. I have not used this account in a long time and cannot recall the username. I also now have a second microsoft account for...
  10. Linking my new Microsoft account with the old account as the primary one

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Linking my new Microsoft account with the old account as the primary one: Hi microsoft community, I would like to know that if I have two microsoft accounts and I want to link them to one account i.e. making one primary account, how can this be done? I know the process of adding another email to your outlook mail, but I'm not looking for that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant change local microsoft account password deleted email account