Windows 10: My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery

Discus and support My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I was trying to uninstall a program and my computer crashed, gave me a blue screen something went wrong error. Auto repair didn't work so I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rıza KARACA, Sep 28, 2022.

1. My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery

Hello! I was trying to uninstall a program and my computer crashed, gave me a blue screen something went wrong error. Auto repair didn't work so I used System recovery and I recovered it to yesterday. It asked my password so I thought it was my e-mail password. It didn't accept it so I changed my e-mail password, then I realized it was my local password. Then I entered that one. I successfully recovered my computer. Then I entered my PIN but it gave an error called PIN doesn't work right now 0x80090016 try restarting your computer. Then I entered my local password and all the folders in my

:)

Rıza KARACA, Sep 28, 2022

2. Changed location of captured video

Hi,

If you can no longer see the location option on the capture folder, you may restore your Game DVR Captures folder location settings. After restoring the game DVR Captures folder location settings, then you can change your Game DVR Captures folder location
    again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to restore Game DVR Captures folder location settings

• Open File Explorer.
    • Browse to the Captures folder location.
    • Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.
    • Click the Location tab.
    • Click the Restore Defaults button.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click Yes to recreate the folder in the old location.
    • Click Yes to move the content of the Captures folder to the old location, and wait a few moments.
    • Click OK.

Note: After you've completed the steps, the Captures folder will return with all its content to its default location: C:\Users\%username%\Videos\Captures.

After performing the steps above, try to change the location of your captured video.

Kindly update us with the results.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 28, 2022
  3. Edwin Win User
    Delete Videos>Captures Folder

Not sure if you can!
    You could 'Super Hide' it...

Open a Command Prompt in the Video folder and enter the following with your user name:

attrib +s +h "C:\Users\xxxxxx\Videos\Captures"

Press Enter then refresh the folder.

Edwin, Sep 28, 2022
  4. My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery

1. My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery - Similar Threads - Users Folder Content

2. My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery: Hello! I was trying to uninstall a program and my computer crashed, gave me a blue screen something went wrong error. Auto repair didn't work so I used System recovery and I recovered it to yesterday. It asked my password so I thought it was my e-mail password. It didn't...
  3. My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery: Hello! I was trying to uninstall a program and my computer crashed, gave me a blue screen something went wrong error. Auto repair didn't work so I used System recovery and I recovered it to yesterday. It asked my password so I thought it was my e-mail password. It didn't...
  4. content files in folder's system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    content files in folder's system: Hello, I had the system folder and other configured folders: cache the contents of the file in addition to the file name. So I removed this attribute, to thin the database of files and folders windows. Is this a problem? Thank you in advance!!...
  5. Is it safe to delete this folder's content?

Is it safe to delete this folder's content?: Hi, I found a folder taking up huge space, but I'm not sure if it's safe to delete it's content. C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\ It takes up 19.3gb....
  6. Deleted desktop folder recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted desktop folder recovery: I uninstalled an app installed on the desktop with its uninstall tool, and guess what, the tool was programmed to delete the entire FOLDER it was installed on!! I had NO System Restore points!! HELP MY POOR PC!!...
  7. Hidden content in folder user

Hidden content in folder user: The folder C:/users/thyge has grown to 54GB _ something is hidden, but what and how can I get to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-content-in-folder-user/e1d91669-ac87-4fda-b2ab-b237d4b782e8"
  8. Recover deleted folder and contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover deleted folder and contents: I was working using the mail app on my laptop and accidentally deleted a folder and its contents. None of this is in the deleted items folder so I cannot move it back to my inbox. Where can I find it / how can I recover it? Can easily set up a new subfolder, just want the...
  9. I deleted my video folder on desktop, now allof my videos missing

I deleted my video folder on desktop, now allof my videos missing: [ATTACH] I delete this annoying folder on my desktop, I thought its just a shortcut video and now all my videos are gone. but I cant find anything on recycle bin. thanks...
  10. Delete Videos>Captures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Videos>Captures Folder: Hi, I can manually delete folders like captures in video but after a restart the folder is created again automatically by Windows. How can I delete it permanently so it won't create it again? Thanks. 114727