Windows 10: My users folder name is different and also command prompt has display different when I...

Discus and support My users folder name is different and also command prompt has display different when I... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Someone set up my windows and sign up with his account I am not aware of much about that time still not much I used PC for some time then I remove this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ayeshaakram1, May 18, 2021.

1. My users folder name is different and also command prompt has display different when I...

Someone set up my windows and sign up with his account I am not aware of much about that time still not much I used PC for some time then I remove this account from PC and sign up with my own account now window show me administrator but when I go to users folder there is subfolder name of pervious user and when I open command prompt it display users//name of pervious user I want to know that user still attached to my account or not like can he sees my pics doc etc or not and pervious user has my info I created on PC while using his account

:)

ayeshaakram1, May 18, 2021
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 18, 2021
  3. Change User Account Folder name

You might be able to solve your problem by setting up a symbolic link. Here is the general principle:

• Create the folder C:\Users\JohnDoe.
    • Open an elevated Command Prompt.
    • Type this command:

mklink /d C:\Users\JohnDoe\Documents C:\Users\DanE\Documents
    When you now save files to C:\Users\JohnDoe\Documents, they will actually appear in the folder C:\Users\DanE\Documents.

Frederik Long, May 18, 2021
  4. My users folder name is different and also command prompt has display different when I...

Folder showing different number of items for different users.

You now need to identify at least one file that is invisible to some users, then check how it differs from other files. Working at the command prompt with commands such as dir /a "filename", attrib "filename" or icacls "filename" might help.

Frederik Long, May 18, 2021
Thema:

My users folder name is different and also command prompt has display different when I...

1. My users folder name is different and also command prompt has display different when I... - Similar Threads - users folder name

2. Why does my cmd show a different account name when I have some different user name logged in?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my cmd show a different account name when I have some different user name logged in?: When I open my command prompt, it shows the path as C:\Users\dcona>. I have 'SUNNY' as the user name on my account. I need help on this as sometimes it causes me problem with administrative properties on certain things....
  3. Why does my cmd show a different account name when I have some different user name logged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my cmd show a different account name when I have some different user name logged in?: When I open my command prompt, it shows the path as C:\Users\dcona>. I have 'SUNNY' as the user name on my account. I need help on this as sometimes it causes me problem with administrative properties on certain things....
  4. 2 different user names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 different user names: Hello I have 2 different user names under Windows C: >Users. it will allow me to rename one but not the other. I am not sure why I have 2. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-different-user-names/36033fc7-8cd0-46b9-981e-e03db32c1547
  5. Command Prompt User Name format

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command Prompt User Name format: Hi. Is there a way to change the format of my command prompt User Name? Normally it is just the user name but I have 1 pc where it is the <user name.pc_name>. This is windows 10....
  6. Difference between Command Prompt and Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    Difference between Command Prompt and Windows PowerShell: [ATTACH] Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 all come shipped with Windows PowerShell out of the box. Along with that, it came the older Command Prompt which was a successor to MS-DOS Command line. But often the presence of two command [...] This post Difference between...
  7. Difference between Windows PowerShell and Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between Windows PowerShell and Command Prompt: Don't these programs do essentially the same thing? Is there an advantage to use one over the other? Just curious. 119910
  8. Different installs - different user names

in Windows 10 Support
    Different installs - different user names: Over time I had a few retail licenses for Windows 7(seven) Pro and one Windows 10 x64 retail. In the Windows Explorer->Help->About, they show different users under licensed to. One old (blabla at hotmail) and one new (blabla at outlook.com) They are both correct. I don't...
  9. Powershell displays different folder names than GUI

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell displays different folder names than GUI: Hi, I have just installed Windows 10 and the following problem occured: Ihave set Polish language as the language of the OS but when I am trying to view my files in Powershell the default folders (Users, Pictures, etc.) are all in English (while in GUI I can see only...
  10. Please. Help. My fonts are different in 2 different command prompts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Please. Help. My fonts are different in 2 different command prompts.: Look at this picture. I am SO mad, I know, it might seem so little pretty simple, BUT ITS JUST SO ANNOYING. I HATE IT! Attachment 46871 The one that says Galacticraft or the one that has a LOT of text is a windows batch file for my Minecraft hosting server. I assure you,...