Windows 10: my video sound isnt working

Discus and support my video sound isnt working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i just made a video on my computer but it's not playing the sound.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brooke goar, Oct 12, 2020.

1. my video sound isnt working

i just made a video on my computer but it's not playing the sound.

:)

brooke goar, Oct 12, 2020

2. How can I change the default video player to something that isnt in the list of suggested programs

I want to change the default win10 video player to something that isnt in the list of suggested programs.

JohnSmithQR, Oct 12, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue my video sound isnt working :p

cadaveca, Oct 12, 2020
  4. LeonLaude Win User

my video sound isnt working

Sound like robot and video lag

Hi dania72_

Here are two different methods you could try to see if it helps you!

Method 1

I suggest you to disable all enhancements in Speakers properties and check. Refer the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Double-Click on the Sound Icon and click on Speakers.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on Enhancements Tab.
    • Now click Disable All Sound Effects
    • Click OK and check if issue persists.
    • If issue still persists try method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Sound drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works for you. Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Sound Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on Uninstall.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.

Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab and check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on Apply and click OK and run the file to install it.

Hope any of these methods will help you!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

my video sound isnt working

1. my video sound isnt working - Similar Threads - video sound isnt

2. My taskbar isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar isnt working: Ive tried many different things and powershell isnt working either, it continues to freeze and it wont let me use it at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-isnt-working/d4e3f2ff-8ba1-4c07-beef-e3818ef0dd2e
  3. my keybord isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keybord isnt working: these keys isnt workingi got aser laptop that has win 8 or 8.1 now its not working it has intel core and its working it has batreyit brout out 2021 now it has a video that you can watch on windows media playeri got is a fusion 5 laptop that haves win 10 it haves intel core...
  4. My Monitor isnt working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Monitor isnt working: So ive done the above 60 Hz thing and ive tried all the stuff but its werid because i can only put it on 1 display and cant extend it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-isnt-working/1b7b8b67-7e8b-4580-89f4-8a9489c4b75a
  5. my mic isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mic isnt working: so my mic on my pc hasnt been working lately. i was recently on a discord call with my friend and while talking, my mic suddenly disconnected. i searched in the settings to change it to the input device but it wasnt even an option. i have unplugged it and plugged it back in...
  6. No Sound And Mic Isnt Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound And Mic Isnt Working: My sound isnt working in any apps and my mic isnt working in any apps either. When I try and test mic in settings it shows that there is sound coming from my mic but when I go into discord it says there isnt any sound at all. Also my sound isnt working in any apps but when I...
  7. Video not working but sound is.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video not working but sound is.: When I try to play an mp4 file, the sound will play in the Films&TV app however, the video part will not, it just shows a black screen. I've already tried changing the format and using another media player, However still no luck. Any help will be much appreciated,...
  8. sound isnt working

sound isnt working: My PC sound isn't working and I've tried everything. I've uninstalled it and restarted my PC like 100 times. I know my headset isn't the problem either because I plugged in a different one and it still didn't work. At this point I've considered buying a new PC. If anyone can...
  9. My taskbar isnt working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My taskbar isnt working: hello, my system is going through an issue, Any time i start my computer and i try to get access to the start menu icon on the task bar it doesn't open and also the other icons on the left hand side i.e( the notification button,speakers, battery icon ) don't work what do i do...
  10. Why isnt my sound not working?

Why isnt my sound not working?: Hello, I am making a forum post in regards to my Windows 10 sound failing to work. Even when I unplug my headphones, nothing will play. The only time I hear sound is when I plug my headphones into my microphone, the Blue Yeti. I have researched and tried multiple help guides...