Windows 10: My videos are not showing the thumnail preview

Discus and support My videos are not showing the thumnail preview in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] How can i solve the problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aɴ[D]ʀᴇY 4kPower, Dec 23, 2018.

1. My videos are not showing the thumnail preview

My videos are not showing the thumnail preview 594aff94-52b8-42f8-9fd3-de11b6a95a53?upload=true.png

How can i solve the problem?

:)

Aɴ[D]ʀᴇY 4kPower, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Eclassbud Win User

Video in the preview pane

Aileen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What I really need to know is how get the video to play in the preview pane. Prior to Windows 10, this worked wonderfully and was an asset. Now, it requires making changes to the Windows registry - not recommended due to the enormous amount of issues with
    Windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

Eclassbud, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Video in the preview pane

Hi,

To enable the Preview pane, open File Explorer and follow these steps:

• In the File Explorer window, click the View
      tab.

• In the Panes section, click the Preview Pane button. The Preview pane is added to the right side of the File Explorer window.

• Select several files one by one to preview their contents. You can preview their contents if they are text, images, or videos.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

My videos are not showing the thumnail preview

Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

My videos are not showing the thumnail preview

1. My videos are not showing the thumnail preview - Similar Threads - videos are showing

2. My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel...: My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel and word. I have tried many different methods and none have fixed this problem. I've tried the following:show preview pane under viewshow preview handlers under folder optionsalways show...
  3. My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel...: My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel and word. I have tried many different methods and none have fixed this problem. I've tried the following:show preview pane under viewshow preview handlers under folder optionsalways show...
  4. After updated to Window 11 my photo thumnail not showing up and the apps icon also not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updated to Window 11 my photo thumnail not showing up and the apps icon also not...: My window 11 cannot display thumbnail previews for photos, and also the icons of some apps. thumnail is not showing up inside folder thumnail is not showing up on desktop alsobut theres no problem to open the photo but as you can see even in photo viewer also wont display...
  5. After updated to Window 11 my photo thumnail not showing up and the apps icon also not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After updated to Window 11 my photo thumnail not showing up and the apps icon also not...: My window 11 cannot display thumbnail previews for photos, and also the icons of some apps. thumnail is not showing up inside folder thumnail is not showing up on desktop alsobut theres no problem to open the photo but as you can see even in photo viewer also wont display...
  6. video not showing in my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    video not showing in my files: i just recorded a 20 minute video for my youtube channel and when i went to upload it it didn't show up in my files i go to video>captures and it says the file is empty i recorded it on my laptop and i didnt edit it so what happened to it please someone tell me its not gone...
  7. File explorer thumbnails show no preview for videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer thumbnails show no preview for videos: Hi all, I just built a pc and installed Windows 10. I have been working on Macs for years now so there is a bit of a learning curve. I usually do video editing but have run into a problem. Typically when I go to finder, Mac's version of file explorer, I see a thumbnail with a...
  8. is there any way to show a preview of a video in windows 10 thumbnails?

is there any way to show a preview of a video in windows 10 thumbnails?: hi guys . i realy need a way or a third party software that makes windows explorer video thumbnails playing a few seconds of the video file in thumbnail. something look like you tube thumbnails or ... i mean a thumbnail like gif but showing a short part of the video... any...
  9. How to completely delete thumnail cache ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to completely delete thumnail cache ?: My thumnail cache seem like corrupted and auto appear on other folder even i deleted the original image. I have use the Disk Cleanup method but some of them still comeback after reset . Also i don't want to disable Show thumnail in Folder Option but this is getting worse cuz...
  10. File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews

File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews: None of the previews are showing up. Any way to fix this?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-image-and-video-previews/71c39d2a-04d5-4f9f-a200-594413d60dac"