Windows 10: My videos looked garbled

Discus and support My videos looked garbled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just recently, my videos won't play corrected.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DIANEBROWN1, Nov 26, 2018.

1. My videos looked garbled

Just recently, my videos won't play corrected.

:)

DIANEBROWN1, Nov 26, 2018
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

3. nkaufman Win User
    Garbled Registry Entries

Thanks, will do.

However, the link that you referred to had another link to Microsoft site and it seems that this garbled characters are related to Avast Browser Cleanup that I'd uninstalled recently.

Will still run chkdsk and see.

nkaufman, Nov 26, 2018
  4. My videos looked garbled

Video on CSN Chicago

Hi Dennis,

It is possible that the video resolution is high that's why your graphics card driver is having a hard time playing the video. We suggest updating the latest graphics card driver of your PC.

To update your graphics card driver, follow these steps:

• Click on Windows logo.
    • Type Device Manager then Click it from the list that appears.
    • Look for Display adapters category, right click on it and choose Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If it fails, go to the manufacturer's website and follow their detailed instructions.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Robert Caw, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

My videos looked garbled

1. My videos looked garbled - Similar Threads - videos looked garbled

2. Garbled text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Garbled text: Ok, after the last two updates I'm seeing issues with text. The two main areas I see it happening is when I choose the power options from Windows button in WIN11. Here are some examples.......
  3. Garbled text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Garbled text: Ok, after the last two updates I'm seeing issues with text. The two main areas I see it happening is when I choose the power options from Windows button in WIN11. Here are some examples.......
  4. Windows 10 Video Editor exports videos with garbled sound.

Windows 10 Video Editor exports videos with garbled sound.: when I edit mp4 clips in Windows 10 Video Editor, the exported clip has garbled sound like a fast talking cartoon chipmunk, ever though the source clips sound good. How can I keep this from happening?...
  5. looking for a shortcut to video playback

in Windows 10 Support
    looking for a shortcut to video playback: I want all my mp4 videos to playback with a certain video program I own ( power dvd), and a few weeks back I found a spot in my windows 10 settings where I could change all my playback to windows media player . ( my mistake) . Now I could individually change my playback mode...
  6. My video's colors look washed out!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My video's colors look washed out!: I got this computer about a week ago, and since the beginning I have been experiencing problems with my video playbacks. My general display looks fine, but if I look back on a video that I recorded in "Windows Photos" or "Movies and TV" the colors look washed out, and have...
  7. Just finished installing Windows 2004 Update. Problem playing videos. Videos are garbled...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just finished installing Windows 2004 Update. Problem playing videos. Videos are garbled...: July 31, 2020 6.00 PM PT Using HP All-IN-One Desktop computer with a solid state drive. Approximately 3 years old. My system kept telling me that it was up-to-date with the latest version. My version was 1909. The system eventually and recently did tell me that an...
  8. Looking for a Video Editor Choices....

Looking for a Video Editor Choices....: Windows 10 Pro, UHD monitor, i5-3570k with 8gig Ram I'm looking for a basic video editor that I can convert pictures and some old videos in a few formats vob, mp2, avi to make a new movie dvd for the family. It would be nice to have one that I'm able to easily correct basic...
  9. Garbled text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Garbled text: In emails or texts, the text appears garbled, or the words do not form completely. This happens in receiving messages, also on FB and other applications. It does NOT happen when composing a message. I'm using Windows 10. Thanks...
  10. Looking for Video Software

Looking for Video Software: Christmas was good to me, but now I need to pickup how to do video stitching I got a Canon Vixia and I read that it can record in m2ts. Problem is that I know what's going to happen; I will be shooting videos and then the wife will say she wants them in one video as oppose...