Windows 10: My Videos Stop Playing In Color!

Discus and support My Videos Stop Playing In Color! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My videos lose color when I press play. How can I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LorrieBrown2, Feb 27, 2020.

1. My Videos Stop Playing In Color!

My videos lose color when I press play. How can I fix this?

:)

LorrieBrown2, Feb 27, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, Feb 27, 2020
  4. My Videos Stop Playing In Color!

color fails on video playback

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please help me answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Are you accessing Facebook on a browser or using an app?
    3. Is the color fade issue specific to playing video on Facebook?

This issue can occur if some of the system files and drivers are not working as expected.

A: Suggest you to
    update the display driver
    from Device Manager and restart the computer to check if that helps.

B: If you accessing Facebook using a browser, then suggest you to use a different browser to check if that makes any difference.

You may also want to make changes to the ‘Advanced power settings’ under Control Panel – Power Options-‘Multimedia Settings’.

• Expand Multimedia Settings’.
    • Expand ‘When playing video’.
    • Click on ‘Optimize power savings’ for both ‘On Battery and ‘Plugged in’ drop down.
    • Click ‘Apply’ and ‘Ok’. If need be then restart the computer to check if that helps with the video quality.

C: Further, you may also want to refer to the
    video playback settings in Windows 10
    and check if that makes any difference.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

My Videos Stop Playing In Color!

1. My Videos Stop Playing In Color! - Similar Threads - Videos Stop Playing

2. PC stopped playing mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stopped playing mp4 videos: I have windows10 pro up to date,I have reolink security cameras, linked to NVR, Recently the computer stopped playing survelance videos pushed via emails to my email.They play fine on my Iphone13 but not on the pc.What is the problem and how do I fix it....
  3. Video suddenly stops playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video suddenly stops playing: All videos suddenly stop playing; on YouTube, Edge, Chrome and those saved on my computer.I have updated drivers.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-suddenly-stops-playing/7a3f1abd-9fa5-455e-a55d-68b452fd07d6
  4. Video plays after pausing and will not stop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video plays after pausing and will not stop: I am having a problem where videos will continue to play if you pause the video. This happens with the spotify app as well. I would pause it and about 10 seconds later it starts to play on its own. I tried uninstalling the browsers and reinstalling them with no luck, the...
  5. video's will randomly stop playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video's will randomly stop playing: For some reason when i watch something the video will just freeze or the audio wont work then the audio will randomly start working again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-will-randomly-stop-playing/5d750905-a780-420a-93a1-7dbab7137603
  6. Edge not stopping videos automatically playing

Edge not stopping videos automatically playing: I have the latest Edge and am presently excited about it not stopping videos from automatically playing. Yes, I have set it to Block and once in a while that will stop videos from playing but 99% of the time, it does not. Obviously from what I'm gathering, there is no way...
  7. Colors wash out when playing videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Colors wash out when playing videos: Hello! I have this issue for quite a while. I noticed when playing a movie or a video on a video player (i tried VLC, Windows Media Player, and the desktop app for Netflix) the picture changes sometimes to a really washed out color and it changes back after a while. I also...
  8. mp4 video suddenly stopped playing video, plays audio only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mp4 video suddenly stopped playing video, plays audio only: The videos worked in the morning 5/03/19 but in the afternoon they only played the audio. Windows media won't play them and I tried several other players and still no video. Normally I use GOM Player as my default player and use Win Media Player as a back up, but even VLC...
  9. Color is changing when playing video on Facebook

Color is changing when playing video on Facebook: The color of video changes when I play it on Facebook, it fades and sometimes turns black and white. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-is-changing-when-playing-video-on-facebook/4f9027aa-2c00-4205-be25-5ee005b50e50
  10. No Color in Movies and TV while playing videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Color in Movies and TV while playing videos: Why no color in The app Movies and TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/no-color-in-movies-and-tv-while-playing-videos/e8321ded-81c1-4e47-982b-9618990b361d