Windows 10: My ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen at the Recommended Resolution

Discus and support My ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen at the Recommended Resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm currently having issues with my monitor. As the title states, anytime I go to setting and set the display to the recommended Resolution, it cuts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IsaiahFick, Dec 18, 2018.

1. My ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen at the Recommended Resolution

I'm currently having issues with my monitor. As the title states, anytime I go to setting and set the display to the recommended Resolution, it cuts off both the right and left sides of the screen. My mouse can go to click things, but my screen is cut off, especially on games such as Overwatch and anything on Steam. Is there something on my monitor I need to change, and how would I do that?

ViewSonic VA2037 Series - Monitor (Connected to Intel(R) HD Graphics 630)

Recommended Resolution - 1600x900

HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p033w

:)

IsaiahFick, Dec 18, 2018
  2. RanWhite1 Win User

Resolution problem with Win 10 and ViewSonic Monitor

Recommended Resolution does not render correctly. ViewSonic 1080P Full HD monitor.

Model: VS12324

Updating driver did NOT resolve the problem.

RanWhite1, Dec 18, 2018
  3. DanLehuta Win User
    Video driver for older Viewsonic monitor

Just acquired Viewsonic VG2436wm-LED monitor, which is about 5-6 years old. Running W10 Home Premium and cannot get to native resolution of 1920 X 1080. Video driver is a generic hardware device and I saw other with similar issue, recommending run the
    driver in compatibility mode. Windows update says all drivers are the latest, Viewsonic does not list this monitor on their update page. Any help getting to native resolution?

DanLehuta, Dec 18, 2018
  4. My ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen at the Recommended Resolution

Viewsonic monitor compatibility with Windows 10

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and I'm using a Viewsonic VA2231wm-LED monitor. Once Windows 10 was booted up, I discovered I cannot set the resolution to the recommended 1920x1080. Viewsonic doesn't seem to have a driver available for this
    monitor and Windows 10. Is there anything I can do besides wait until Viewsonic develops an appropriate driver, or buy a new monitor that will give this resolution in Windows 10?

Thanks for your help!

Mark Schneider 52, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

My ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen at the Recommended Resolution

1. My ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen at the Recommended Resolution - Similar Threads - ViewSonic Monitor cuts

2. Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor: Hi community,Couple of days ago I decided to upgrade to windows 11 and now my 2nd monitor resolution decided not to work. I'm using a Dell Latitude 5520 and since it only has one HDMI connector I'm using 2 monitors without the laptop's screen the 2nd monitor is connected with...
  3. Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor: Hi community,Couple of days ago I decided to upgrade to windows 11 and now my 2nd monitor resolution decided not to work. I'm using a Dell Latitude 5520 and since it only has one HDMI connector I'm using 2 monitors without the laptop's screen the 2nd monitor is connected with...
  4. Viewsonic monitor suggests 2560x1440 resolution however this resolution is not available as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewsonic monitor suggests 2560x1440 resolution however this resolution is not available as...: Hello, I have the equipment listed below: My monitor is suggesting a 2560x1440 resolution but this resolution is not available in windows. I installed the latest driver for the monitor and installed the latest driver for the graphics card, still no luck. I have two monitors...
  5. Viewsonic monitor suggests 2560x1440 resolution however this resolution is not available as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewsonic monitor suggests 2560x1440 resolution however this resolution is not available as...: Hello, I have the equipment listed below: My monitor is suggesting a 2560x1440 resolution but this resolution is not available in windows. I installed the latest driver for the monitor and installed the latest driver for the graphics card, still no luck. I have two monitors...
  6. Viewsonic monitor suggests 2560x1440 resolution however this resolution is not available as...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges

Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges: Hi,When I try to connect my laptop to an Acer 4K display as secondary screen, I see that the edges of the secondary display is cut-off.My laptop supports up t 1080p and monitor supports 4K. I wanted to use both the screen at their maximum resolution.Tried all the solutions...
  8. Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges: Hi,When I try to connect my laptop to an Acer 4K display as secondary screen, I see that the edges of the secondary display is cut-off.My laptop supports up t 1080p and monitor supports 4K. I wanted to use both the screen at their maximum resolution.Tried all the solutions...
  9. Recommended screen resolution too big for monitor

Recommended screen resolution too big for monitor: The recommended screen resolution 1920 x 1080 has recently become too big for my monitor. When I delete the driver and let windows replace it [Intel UHD Graphics 630], the screen resolution is correct, but after a moment or two it reverts to being too big. This is a...
  10. ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen

ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen: My system is ViewSonic VA2037 Series; Monitor: Recommended Resolution - 1600x900; HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p033w. My monitor doesn’t work as expected. It cuts off the screen when I go to the settings and set the Recommended resolution. I get the screen right and left sides...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. viewsonic monitor cuts off edges

2. recommended resolution cuts off screen