Windows 10: My virtually bricked computer — please help

Discus and support My virtually bricked computer — please help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, roughly 2.5 years ago, my Dell Inspiron n5050, which was on Windows 10 for about seven months, randomly incurred a Temporary Profile error, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ooboh, Oct 25, 2018.

1. ooboh Win User

My virtually bricked computer — please help

So, roughly 2.5 years ago, my Dell Inspiron n5050, which was on Windows 10 for about seven months, randomly incurred a Temporary Profile error, and I could not access my files. Fast forward to July of that same year, and I decided to use a YouTube video tutorial to try to solve my problem. Here's the link. You MUST watch the video, otherwise you will not understand my problem.

How to fix Temporary Profile Login error on Windows 10, 8 1, 7 - YouTube

I followed literally everything the video did, down to the letter, but when I restarted the computer, the desktop background was still there, but all of my documents and personal files were gone -- nowhere to be found. It did not occur to me that I could've used System Restore and then asked this question. Now, it is almost November 2018, and not only have I still not recovered my files, but I also accidentally deleted my audio drivers. I cannot use system restore because because July 27, 2016 is obviously no longer on the list of System Restore points.

Fast forward to October 25, 2018. After 2+ years of not being able to use my laptop due to a dead battery and a rotten AC adapter, I finally was able to turn on my laptop. However, I am largely unable to use the mousepad to operate the cursor, and I get occasional notifications on the lower right-hand side of the screen telling me that “malware is detected” and “Windows is taking steps to resolve it.” In addition, I have also taken steps to try to reset my laptop, but it always gets to roughly 35% completion before an unexpected blue screen of death error occurs. So, this may be a loaded situation, but my questions are:

1. Can I fix my mousepad so I can actually use it? If so, how?
    2. Is it dangerous to try to reset my laptop, especially since my personal files are nowhere to be found?
    3. If I can’t restore my files, then can I at least get my audio drivers back?

Thanks to anyone who reads this and gives a legitimate response.

:)

ooboh, Oct 25, 2018

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Virtual disk service wont start

Hi,

Thank you for showing interest on Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

I suggest you to start the Virtual Disk Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the Services Window, look for Virtual Disk service and
      Stop
      it.
    • Restart the computer and Start the Virtual Disk
      service and set it to Automatic.
    • Restart the computer and it check if it works.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 25, 2018
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

1. My virtually bricked computer — please help - Similar Threads - virtually bricked computer

2. new update computer now seems bricked please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new update computer now seems bricked please help: So I just the latest windows 11 up. The one that came out Tuesday. Now after it just restarted, I have nothing. I have no keyboard, mouse, no display the only thing that it is been doing is ALL of the fans are at high speed. When either pulling the plug or holding the power...
  3. new update computer now seems bricked please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new update computer now seems bricked please help: So I just the latest windows 11 up. The one that came out Tuesday. Now after it just restarted, I have nothing. I have no keyboard, mouse, no display the only thing that it is been doing is ALL of the fans are at high speed. When either pulling the plug or holding the power...
  4. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer bricked: After updating WITHOUT MY PERMISSION my computer is now bricked. THANK YOU! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-bricked/6d9e3439-d91f-4df2-90d9-684539e3b546
  5. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer bricked: After updating WITHOUT MY PERMISSION my computer is now bricked. THANK YOU! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-bricked/6d9e3439-d91f-4df2-90d9-684539e3b546
  6. Help with my computer please!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with my computer please!: Greetings everyone. Recently I was experiencing frequent blue screen of deaths occurring on my Windows computer. Therefore to resolve this issue I decided to do a complete fresh installation of windows 10. My computer is a pre-built Acer with no graphics card and an Intel...
  7. My windows 10 may be bricked. please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows 10 may be bricked. please help: So basically, i haven't updated my windows since mid 2019, so that is probably when the issues started. I cannot do software updates, download anything from microsoft store or perform any of the recovery options to reset/refresh my pc. I have tried several things, the...
  8. Please help me, it's basically bricked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me, it's basically bricked: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mayo0215 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2oy8m/please_help_me_its_basically_bricked/
  9. Please help! My surface go has become a brick.

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help! My surface go has become a brick.: Hello all! I was trying to decrypt my bit-locked C drive but the process went wrong. Now I cannot log into my windows. Worse still, the Windows installation media does not work either - my computer can be booted into the USB drive but it is stuck on a blank blue screen. My...
  10. Windows update has bricked my computer! please help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update has bricked my computer! please help!: Hello! my computer was shut down and restarted so that it could update, before it was going to update it ran a disk check ect. afterwards when I booted up and logged in to windows, many of my programs were missing (steam games, unity, blender, ect.) and I was unable to give...