Windows 10: my virus quick scan does not stop

Discus and support my virus quick scan does not stop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-virus-quick-scan-does-not-stop/1b03840d-0e2e-4048-a430-7e7a7accc99b" Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulCatineau, Jul 7, 2019.

1. my virus quick scan does not stop

any help

:)

PaulCatineau, Jul 7, 2019

2. Windows Defender quick scan fails to complete

When I try to employ a "Quick Scan" procedure in Defender, the scan progress indicator, coloured green, stops half way and does not complete.

The files scanned number continues the count as if it is doing a full scan.

My Windows 10 updates are correct as our the virus definitions etc.

Any suggestions on why the "quick" scan fails to complete?

Thanks

[Original title: Windows 10 Defender]

Tony Lawrence, Jul 7, 2019
  3. BTC55 Win User
    Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Compumind Win User

my virus quick scan does not stop

Quick Scan?

I firmly believe that this is an error. Add this to the 1809 bug list.
    Try forcing another Quick Scan and post back.

Thanks. *Smile

Compumind, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

my virus quick scan does not stop

1. my virus quick scan does not stop - Similar Threads - virus quick scan

2. Defender virus scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender virus scan: When I try to scan in Windows Defender, I get a notice in red: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization." What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-virus-scan/91a276bf-4e55-434a-81f5-6a85212ee6d7"
  3. virus scan

virus scan: defender virus scanning not work? Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan/e79013c5-98b4-4c40-8276-3ceb5b3c5175
  4. Quick Scan?

Quick Scan?: This on a top of the range Surface Pro 4 i7 doing a Quick Scan.....M$ you must be joking. 129520
  5. Virus Scan Failed

Virus Scan Failed: Attempts at downloading documents results in Virus scan failed message. This occurs on Crome and Edge and does not seem to be associated with McAfee. Any ideas how to fix this issue?...
  6. virus scan failed

virus scan failed: whenever i try o download anything it says virus scan failed. macafee web advisor wont uninstall either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan-failed/ec932c18-be40-490d-acc3-29d35854d2b4
  7. Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions

Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions: Hello everybody, My Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions, I've had to do these things manually since the Win 10 April 2018 upgrade. Re-installed the whole Win 10, didn't fix the problem. Today I completed the Win 10 October 2018 upgrade....
  8. Peripherials virus scan??

Peripherials virus scan??: I've never thought about this before but does the Microsoft Security Essentials or any other anti virus that when it does a full scan, does it also scan anything plugged into the USB port like a camera or a external backup drive? Or does it only do the main drive with the OS...
  9. scanning for viruses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    scanning for viruses: Could you tell me how to use Windows Defender? I usually open the folders, then close them before starting the scanning. Will the scanning look through all the folders and programs if I don’t open these folders?...
  10. When I run a quick scan or full scan on my defender virus protection, the scan locks up at...

When I run a quick scan or full scan on my defender virus protection, the scan locks up at...: After the scan locks up, I can only hit cancel to end the scan. This makes the computer work at a snails pace until I run the custom scan. This then allows me to turn the computer off. When I turn the computer back on, it runs slower than normal, and the mute button works...