Windows 10: My VMs updated to 1903, not RDP is no longer working with protocol error

Discus and support My VMs updated to 1903, not RDP is no longer working with protocol error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; With my VMs updated to 1903 I am now unable to remote desktop into them. I sometimes get a blue screen, mostly nothing, sometimes a 'please wait... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul van der Heu, Jun 25, 2019.

1. My VMs updated to 1903, not RDP is no longer working with protocol error

With my VMs updated to 1903 I am now unable to remote desktop into them.

I sometimes get a blue screen, mostly nothing, sometimes a 'please wait message'

Always end with a 'Because of a protocol error, this session will be disconnected'

This happens when trying to RDP from a PC or mobile. Tried all sorts of old suggestions found on the net to resolve but nothing works. This is extremely annoying and severely impacts my ability to work.

Any suggestions welcome..

:)

Paul van der Heu, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Rob Arone Win User

RDP Will no longer login to Windows 7 VM

I have a Windows 7 VM running an old application, because the application will not run on Windows 10. I have been RDP into it for months, and now it is giving me this error:

"Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords"

Here's my environment:

Windows 2008r2 DC

Windows 7 & 10 Pro PC's

VM is on Win10 Pro PC, Workgroup

Like I said, worked a month ago.

I attempted to RDP from Win7 Pro PC and received the same message. But the old RDP gives you more information, and I saw that I was trying to login with a domain user, instead of a local user. Changed the login to login as a local user and it connected right
    away.

I then tried to change the login on the Win10 PC to a local login and it still gives me the same error. Is the format of local login (Machinename\Username) different on the new RDP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob Arone, Jun 25, 2019
  3. concurrent RDP

Hi Sundeep,

To better assist you, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Is Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) working before the installation of Creators Update?
    • Have you encountered any error messages?

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Suman_B Win User

My VMs updated to 1903, not RDP is no longer working with protocol error

Black search window when I connect to my VM via RDP (Windows 10 1903)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

​I understand that the search bar is blank when you access the virtual machine using remote desktop connection.

It could be possibly that the display scaling settings are not working properly for the Virtual Machine. I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if that helps.

1. Close VMware Workstation
    2. Right click on the VMWare workstation Shortcut
    3. Select Properties
    4. Choose Compatibility
    5. Under Settings Check, "Disable display scaling on High DPI settings".
    6. Open Workstation

However, if the issue persists, let me point you in the right direction where you will be able to get the support for the issue that you are facing. I would suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet,
    where you will be able to find support from professionals and members for issues related to Virtual machine.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

My VMs updated to 1903, not RDP is no longer working with protocol error

1. My VMs updated to 1903, not RDP is no longer working with protocol error - Similar Threads - VMs updated 1903

2. Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid: Hello everyone, I'm trying to fix a problem I'm having on Windows Server 2012 R2. After performing some system updates, every printer shared via RDP no longer works correctly because I receive this message: Handle is invalid.Via Event Viewer I get this:"The print spooler...
  3. Network Protocol error

Network Protocol error: In a web page and click on a link and often get Network protocol error and to contact site but can't because of this error.Why? How do I fix this?Just started after I installed Avast One AV....
  4. Network Protocol error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Protocol error: In a web page and click on a link and often get Network protocol error and to contact site but can't because of this error.Why? How do I fix this?Just started after I installed Avast One AV....
  5. RDP Beta for Mac "alt+tab" no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Beta for Mac "alt+tab" no longer working: Using the Remote Desktop Beta for Mac, I used to be able to use "option+tab" to send "alt+tab" to the Windows computer I was connected to, that stopped working recently. Downgrading to an older beta doesn't seem to fix it, and I can't find any settings anywhere.Yes it is full...
  6. RDP Beta for Mac "alt+tab" no longer working

RDP Beta for Mac "alt+tab" no longer working: Using the Remote Desktop Beta for Mac, I used to be able to use "option+tab" to send "alt+tab" to the Windows computer I was connected to, that stopped working recently. Downgrading to an older beta doesn't seem to fix it, and I can't find any settings anywhere.Yes it is full...
  7. Windows 1903 and newer RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 1903 and newer RDP: Did Microsoft make a change to RDP in Windows 1903 and newer? It looks like Microsoft made a major revision to the way UDP v2 works in regards to Remote Desktop. Does anyone know if there is a fix Update or patch for this? I'm also wondering if there is some kind of scanner...
  8. Windows Update no longer works after 1903 update successfully installed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update no longer works after 1903 update successfully installed.: I've been upgrading computers to 1903 in our company. Most of them have updated successfully. But a small handful will no longer run Windows Update. The error message is: "Error Encountered. We ran into a problem while connecting to the Windows Update service. We'll try to...
  9. Cortana no longer works on my Harman-Kardon Invoke, after updating to 1903

in Cortana
    Cortana no longer works on my Harman-Kardon Invoke, after updating to 1903: Today I installed the May 2019 update for Windows 10. Previously, I've enjoyed using Cortana on my Harman-Kardon Invoke. Immediately after the update, there doesn't appear to be any way I re-establish the connection between Windows 10, Cortana, the Harman-Kardon Invoke, etc....
  10. Since updating to Windows May 2019 Update (1903), 'hibernate' no longer works.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Since updating to Windows May 2019 Update (1903), 'hibernate' no longer works.: The screen will go black, but the laptop does not shut off. If I wiggle the mouse, the lock screen appears. Another thing odd is, when I pick hibernate from the power menu, the screen goes blue for a moment with the word 'Locking...' in the center...not sure if that means...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. because of a protocol error rdp windows 10 1903

2. windows10 1903 rdp プロトコルエラー