Windows 10: My volume and brightness keys have switched with fn?

Discus and support My volume and brightness keys have switched with fn? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP notebook running the latest windows 10. My volume/brightness keys used to work fine but now they have switched with the fn keys. I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Greenflowers424, Feb 23, 2021.

1. My volume and brightness keys have switched with fn?

I have an HP notebook running the latest windows 10. My volume/brightness keys used to work fine but now they have switched with the fn keys. I went into BIOS and turned off action keys, but that didn't do anything. I do not have a fn lock key on my keyboard, and I've tried holding down every key imaginable to untoggle this. When I go into device manager, I cannot find the fn keys. All the fn keys work fine though. Please help?

:)

Greenflowers424, Feb 23, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

Hi, There's a the slider for brightness at the bottom of the Action Centre (build 1903).

If you'd be prepared to consider an alternative... how about smooth control of brightness using your scroll wheel?
    Press a key, plus scroll, and adjust your brightness.

The key and the steps are your choice.

Oh, and it can adjust volume similarly.

Works nicely on my Lenovo Thinkpad, where the Fn key steps for brightness are a bit harsh.

Volumouse (free):
    Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Brightness and Fn keys

Greetings,

On a previous computer, if I wanted to decrease brightness, I would press the F7 key. If I wanted to search, I would press Fn+F3. On my present computer, I have to use Fn+F7 to decrease brightness, and F3 alone searches. How do I reverse the Fn key requirement
    to not needing it for changing brightness, sound, etc?

zkidmicrosoft, Feb 23, 2021
  4. BillGates Win User

My volume and brightness keys have switched with fn?

Problem with FN key

i have an HP and the option is in the BIOS ..
    ie. i use FN + F6/F7/F8 for volume control..
    - if i don't enable it in the BIOS.. i don't have to include FN combination..

id search in the BIOS.

BillGates, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

My volume and brightness keys have switched with fn?

1. My volume and brightness keys have switched with fn? - Similar Threads - volume brightness keys

2. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  3. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  4. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness FN keys not working: Hello, yesterday i reinstalled windows 10 in my Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 laptop, and it was all working except the fn + rignt and left arrow keys. I checked in an "test your input" site, and appearently, it doesn't even register. I already tried fiddling with bios function key...
  5. Brightness FN keys not working

Brightness FN keys not working: Hello, yesterday i reinstalled windows 10 in my Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 laptop, and it was all working except the fn + rignt and left arrow keys. I checked in an "test your input" site, and appearently, it doesn't even register. I already tried fiddling with bios function key...
  6. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. can't change brightness with fn key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't change brightness with fn key: Hi,i have an old dell latitude e6420 and i recently installed windows 10 on it and updated it, and i cannot change the brightness using fn+arrow keys, yeah i can usee the notification panel to adjust brighness its working but the fn+arrow keys is a better way for me, it works...
  8. can't change brightness with fn key

can't change brightness with fn key: Hi,i have an old dell latitude e6420 and i recently installed windows 10 on it and updated it, and i cannot change the brightness using fn+arrow keys, yeah i can usee the notification panel to adjust brighness its working but the fn+arrow keys is a better way for me, it works...
  9. Adjust volume and brightness WITHOUT FN key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adjust volume and brightness WITHOUT FN key?: Hi all, I’m coming from Apple, and now own an Alienware M15 R2 with windows 10. I’m wondering if there is a way to use ONLY the individual brightness control keys and volume control keys to adjust without having to hold “fn” at the same time? Thanks! submitted by...
  10. fn keys for brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    fn keys for brightness: hello guys I have problem with the fn key for brightness. it work before I format my pc but now didn't work.(p.s for sound, fn keys works but for brightness did not). which can be the problem if u can help me, I will be thankful....