Windows 10: My volume keys

Discus and support My volume keys in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] For some reason, I keep having this problem that whenever I press my volume keys it shows up as a box that will show me where words are on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Psychu9999, Jul 16, 2020.

1. My volume keys

My volume keys BlNerUIUwx6izYZkrRRp9c_0okqg9_zaGBPxvdgwO6s.jpg

For some reason, I keep having this problem that whenever I press my volume keys it shows up as a box that will show me where words are on the page. Is there a way to get rid of it? I don't know how I put it on.

^^top right corner^^

submitted by /u/Psychu9999
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Psychu9999, Jul 16, 2020

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Funk3 Win User
    Build 1909 not remembering volume levels in the Volume Mixer

I recently updated from 1803 to 1909 and I've noticed that the Volume Mixer does not store volume levels for any apps and instead just resets them to 100% if they are restarted.

This was not an issue I experienced with 1803, I've already tried seeing if it was just an issue with my user profile/registry by testing on a newly created user profile, as well as attempting to fix it by adding a missing registry key as suggested in this reddit post.

I've also tried simpler steps such as reinstalling my audio drivers and using a headset with a USB soundcard (HyperX Cloud II's) but these were also unhelpful.

Any help would be appreciated *Smile

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, ignore this - I created the registry key mentioned in the reddit post above under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER, creating the keys in the correct location and restarting my PC fixed the issue.

For anyone else with the same issue just follow the steps in the reddit post given in the OP, i.e. create the following registry key(s) manually:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore

Funk3, Jul 16, 2020
  4. My volume keys

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

My volume keys

1. My volume keys - Similar Threads - volume keys

2. how do i get control of my volume from the up and down keys on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get control of my volume from the up and down keys on keyboard: I can't control my volume by the up and down keys on keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-control-of-my-volume-from-the-up-and/4314678d-121e-4e9c-be83-1486458cdcab
  3. how do i get control of my volume from the up and down keys on keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get control of my volume from the up and down keys on keyboard: I can't control my volume by the up and down keys on keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-control-of-my-volume-from-the-up-and/4314678d-121e-4e9c-be83-1486458cdcab
  4. Is it possible to change from a windows 10 volume key to a personal use one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to change from a windows 10 volume key to a personal use one: So recently I got a notification on my pc saying that my windows license would expire soon. Upon checking I realized that the key that I was provided by a friend a couple years ago was a volume license and not a personal license. My question is that once it expires is it...
  5. Is it possible to change from a windows 10 volume key to a personal use one

Is it possible to change from a windows 10 volume key to a personal use one: So recently I got a notification on my pc saying that my windows license would expire soon. Upon checking I realized that the key that I was provided by a friend a couple years ago was a volume license and not a personal license. My question is that once it expires is it...
  6. Is it possible to change from a windows 10 volume key to a personal use one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. My f1 f2 and f3 keys are suddenly not controlling the volume like they used to. I tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My f1 f2 and f3 keys are suddenly not controlling the volume like they used to. I tried...: My f1 f2 and f3 keys are suddenly not controlling the volume like they used to. I tried pressing fn together with those keys but it didn't work.......
  8. My f1 f2 and f3 keys are suddenly not controlling the volume like they used to. I tried...

My f1 f2 and f3 keys are suddenly not controlling the volume like they used to. I tried...: My f1 f2 and f3 keys are suddenly not controlling the volume like they used to. I tried pressing fn together with those keys but it didn't work.......
  9. Use of License Keys obtained through a Volume License Agreement on a non "OEM" device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use of License Keys obtained through a Volume License Agreement on a non "OEM" device: Hello all,This may be an odd question, but I was hoping to get an answer for a licensing question.Our organization engages in a volume license agreement with Microsoft, where we receive license keys for Windows 11 and other operating systems. Recently, I have purchased parts...
  10. Use of License Keys obtained through a Volume License Agreement on a non "OEM" device

Use of License Keys obtained through a Volume License Agreement on a non "OEM" device: Hello all,This may be an odd question, but I was hoping to get an answer for a licensing question.Our organization engages in a volume license agreement with Microsoft, where we receive license keys for Windows 11 and other operating systems. Recently, I have purchased parts...