Windows 10: My volume mixer creates multiple mixers (?) for the same application

Discus and support My volume mixer creates multiple mixers (?) for the same application in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I open firefox for example, I will have up to 20 mixers for it in volume mixer. Only one of the mixers will actually control the volume for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AileenRosario, Jul 15, 2019.

1. My volume mixer creates multiple mixers (?) for the same application

Whenever I open firefox for example, I will have up to 20 mixers for it in volume mixer. Only one of the mixers will actually control the volume for the application so it can be really hard to find which mixer actually can control the volume of whatever application. Here's an example: (this time there's only 4. The ammount is usually completely random ) My volume mixer creates multiple mixers (?) for the same application d6ff44a6-ec70-4aad-8a34-90ca4b635127?upload=true.png

:)

AileenRosario, Jul 15, 2019

2. volume mixer in taskbar in WIndows 10

Hi Caroline,

The requirement of pinning Volume mixer to the taskbar is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can view Volume mixer from the volume control icon located in the system tray.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you not able to see volume icon or the volume mixer on the computer?

• If volume icon, have you enabled the option to show in the system tray?

If you want to view Volume mixer on the PC and have enabled volume icon on the system tray, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Right click on the volume icon and select
      Open Volume Mixer
      from the context menu.

• Check if the window is accessible on the computer.

Note: The option to pin Volume mixer to the taskbar is not currently available on the computer.

Write to us with the status of pinning Volume mixer on taskbar in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Blingz97 Win User
    Volume mixer

The volume mixer is a very valuable control for many using the windows platform because you can individually control the volume of each individual application.

I have a few questions:

1. Why was the volume mixer hidden in windows 10 behind the right click of the speaker? What about the mixer button under the volume bar in windows 7?

2. Why don't windows store apps appear in the volume mixer?

3. Why are some system sounds exempt from the 'System Sounds' volume bar?

4. Does Microsoft think it is a good idea to let applications control their volume themselves?

Thanks

Blingz97, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

My volume mixer creates multiple mixers (?) for the same application

How can i get the volume mixer sound for a particular game if it's muted from volume mixer

Hello,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would like to inform you if a game is permanently muted in volume mixer, then you won’t be getting sound for that particular game. The applications which are having sound option might be listed in the volume mixer if you find those applications in
    the volume mixer separately, then you can adjust the volume of those applications separately.

Hope this helps.

Arul_D, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

My volume mixer creates multiple mixers (?) for the same application

1. My volume mixer creates multiple mixers (?) for the same application - Similar Threads - volume mixer creates

2. Volume mixer not muting applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer not muting applications: When I want an app to not play any audio, I go to the volume mixer and set its volume to zero. However this is not muting the app anymore, and when backing out of and re-entering the volume mixer, the volume is set to somewhere lower than the previous setting, but not...
  3. Volume mixer not muting applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer not muting applications: When I want an app to not play any audio, I go to the volume mixer and set its volume to zero. However this is not muting the app anymore, and when backing out of and re-entering the volume mixer, the volume is set to somewhere lower than the previous setting, but not...
  4. Application not shwon in Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application not shwon in Volume Mixer: I've been trying to resolvew this issue for a fat minute.I've just finished resetting up my setup after switching my monitor stands, and i discovered that everything works apart from seeing my browser on the volume mixer.Browser Used: VivaldiDid it ever work: Yes it use to...
  5. Application not shwon in Volume Mixer

Application not shwon in Volume Mixer: I've been trying to resolvew this issue for a fat minute.I've just finished resetting up my setup after switching my monitor stands, and i discovered that everything works apart from seeing my browser on the volume mixer.Browser Used: VivaldiDid it ever work: Yes it use to...
  6. Volume Mixer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Volume Mixer: Why does "Host Process for Windows Services" randomly show up in my volume mixer and when I go to try and find it in the Task Manager it does not show up, do I have malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-mixer/0d2a473e-1770-4633-9b09-5703b09f05fd
  7. Volume Mixer

Volume Mixer: Why does "Host Process for Windows Services" randomly show up in my volume mixer and when I go to try and find it in the Task Manager it does not show up, do I have malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-mixer/0d2a473e-1770-4633-9b09-5703b09f05fd
  8. No applications in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No applications in volume mixer: Before this incident, I was watching tutorials on how to fix AMD Software not running. One of the fixes somehow broke my audio and now I don't have any solutions. Reinstalling windows is my last resort, can I ask for help?...
  9. No applications in volume mixer

No applications in volume mixer: Before this incident, I was watching tutorials on how to fix AMD Software not running. One of the fixes somehow broke my audio and now I don't have any solutions. Reinstalling windows is my last resort, can I ask for help?...
  10. No applications in volume mixer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Multiple application instances in windows10 volume mixer