Windows 10: My Volume will not work after System Restore to Factory Settings

Discus and support My Volume will not work after System Restore to Factory Settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I did a Windows 10 system restore to factory settings but now volume icon has "red x" next to it and will not go on. I checked for any system updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaggieMae&Coco, Feb 7, 2019.

1. My Volume will not work after System Restore to Factory Settings

I did a Windows 10 system restore to factory settings but now volume icon has "red x" next to it and will not go on. I checked for any system updates that were not installed after I did the factory settings restore. Everything is current. Did troubleshooting and only got an error message. Tried other MS Community advice re. reinstalling volume type drivers (was more professionally worded in advice), and got this message on my screen:

"Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device.

Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them.

Update Drivers - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

A device attached to the system is not functioning.

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit their website and check the support section for drivers."

Please help regarding above message/volume problem. The speakers to the volume are within the computer screen and are not any external speakers I set up.

Thank you. MaggieMae

:)

MaggieMae&Coco, Feb 7, 2019

2. Restore Nokia Lumia 635 to factory settings

Hello Gloria,

To be able to restore factory settings, you can follow the steps given below:

• Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration.
    • When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the
      Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
    • Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order:
      Volume up, Volume down, Power,
      Volume down. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)

Note that resetting phone will erase all content stored on your phone so makes sure that you backup your stuff.

Let us know how it goes.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Feb 7, 2019
  3. restoring to factory settings

Hi Lorna,

What’s the make and model of your laptop? I’ll find the steps to get that restored to factory settings for you. Let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Feb 7, 2019
  4. My Volume will not work after System Restore to Factory Settings

pc restore to factory settings

You made two statements:

• pc restore to factory settings
    • I am unable use pc as I have no user password
    What actually is your question?

Frederik Long, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

My Volume will not work after System Restore to Factory Settings

1. My Volume will not work after System Restore to Factory Settings - Similar Threads - Volume System Restore

2. I cannot login to windows 11 after restoring the system to factory settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot login to windows 11 after restoring the system to factory settings: I decided to reset the system to factory settings, after the whole operation the windows system starts and i can log into the account created before the reset I chose reset with full disk wiping. The problem is that i can't login because i see the message ,,Your PIN code is...
  3. I cannot login to windows 11 after restoring the system to factory settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot login to windows 11 after restoring the system to factory settings: I decided to reset the system to factory settings, after the whole operation the windows system starts and i can log into the account created before the reset I chose reset with full disk wiping. The problem is that i can't login because i see the message ,,Your PIN code is...
  4. Cant restore system factory settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant restore system factory settings.: So my laptop generaly doesnt work great but its oke. but for school I had to install pro tools wich I did but it didnt work so I reinstalled it twice to see of i did something wrong but the same problem occured. up until that time i only had minor problems like bloated drives...
  5. Problems After Restoring to Factory Settings

Problems After Restoring to Factory Settings: <p>Hi, </p><p>My laptop Windows 10 came up with a notice out of nowhere saying that there was a boot configuration problem. I restored the laptop to factory settings as it wouldn't let me back up any of my files.</p><p>Since doing this my laptop has been having some issues...
  6. restore to factory setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restore to factory setting: I want to clean off all personal info and photos so I can give away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-factory-setting/8a2f17d0-0d42-44ea-88b8-0c220f939493"
  7. Restore to factory setting

Restore to factory setting: How to restore factory settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-factory-setting/71ba4664-24a5-4be5-9cfd-2d912ea781d7
  8. Restore to Factory setting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore to Factory setting: I decided to restore laptop lenovo ideapad since it was running slow but it said there was a problem and nothing changed. I then clicked on startup repair and it said it was something about strttrail so i end up doing command and putting it ‘chkdisk /r /f c:’ and the problem...
  9. Restore to factory settings

Restore to factory settings: Hi I want to restore my pc to factory settings since I someone got signed in as a temporary user. I've tried many solutions to fix it but no luck. So my last option may only be to do factory reset. But here again...another problem. When I go into recovery I don't have the...
  10. Restore laptop factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore laptop factory settings: restore factory settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/restore-laptop-factory-settings/3ce2106c-9dc8-4c6e-b2dc-d87236fffd06