Windows 10: My VPN was on during power outage and now i have 4 ssids for my network...

Discus and support My VPN was on during power outage and now i have 4 ssids for my network... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So after the power went out i was unable to connect to the internet from my PC but all other household devices could i tried just about everything and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jack MacDonald1, Feb 22, 2024.

1. My VPN was on during power outage and now i have 4 ssids for my network...

So after the power went out i was unable to connect to the internet from my PC but all other household devices could i tried just about everything and decided id try to uninstall my VPN programs which immediately allowed me to connect to my network but the SSID has merged into 4 different ones BELL2** BELL2**2 BELL2**3 and BELL2**4 how do i go about just getting one SSID back.

:)

Jack MacDonald1, Feb 22, 2024

2. Wifi ssid dissapeares

Hi,

In that case, I would suggest you follow the below fixes one by one.

Fix #!

Step 1:

Open the Start Menu and click on Settings.

Step 2:

Click on Network and Internet.

Step 3:

Choose Wi-Fi from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.

Step 4:

Click on Manage known networks.

Step 5:

Highlight the name of the network you want to forget (Make sure to find and delete the old SSID)

Step 6

Click on Forget.

Step 7:

Restart PC

Fix #2

Step 1

Right-click on the Start Menu and choose Device Manager.

Step 2

Expand the list below Network Adapters.

Step 3:

Right-click on your network adapter.

Step 4

Select Properties.

Step 5

Click on the Power Management tab.

Step 6

Unmark the checkbox next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Feb 22, 2024
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Feb 22, 2024
  4. P4-630 Win User

My VPN was on during power outage and now i have 4 ssids for my network...

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin My VPN was on during power outage and now i have 4 ssids for my network... :D

P4-630, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

My VPN was on during power outage and now i have 4 ssids for my network...

1. My VPN was on during power outage and now i have 4 ssids for my network... - Similar Threads - VPN was during

2. My desktop stop detecting networks after a power outage???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop stop detecting networks after a power outage???: So recently I had a very short power outage, about 5 seconds, and when power came back, my pc just stopped detecting any networks? My router is working, my other computer and all devices are able to connect, but my computer not only can’t connect, it shows that there is no...
  3. My desktop stop detecting networks after a power outage???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop stop detecting networks after a power outage???: So recently I had a very short power outage, about 5 seconds, and when power came back, my pc just stopped detecting any networks? My router is working, my other computer and all devices are able to connect, but my computer not only can’t connect, it shows that there is no...
  4. My VPN was on during power outage and now i have 4 ssids for my network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My VPN was on during power outage and now i have 4 ssids for my network...: So after the power went out i was unable to connect to the internet from my PC but all other household devices could i tried just about everything and decided id try to uninstall my VPN programs which immediately allowed me to connect to my network but the SSID has merged...
  5. My VPN was on during power outage and now i have 4 ssids for my network...

My VPN was on during power outage and now i have 4 ssids for my network...: So after the power went out i was unable to connect to the internet from my PC but all other household devices could i tried just about everything and decided id try to uninstall my VPN programs which immediately allowed me to connect to my network but the SSID has merged...
  6. Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month...: Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month at least https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-power-outage-harm-my-pc-i-live-in-a-country/e2116046-6561-4bf7-8077-6adcec36d3c3
  7. Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month...

Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month...: Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month at least https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-power-outage-harm-my-pc-i-live-in-a-country/e2116046-6561-4bf7-8077-6adcec36d3c3
  8. Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Power outage during disk encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Power outage during disk encryption: I was in the middle of encrypting my hard drive (Around 80% done) when power went off. When it came back on, I tried booting the machine and it asked for a pw, I entered the one I had set during the encryption process but it rejected it. Is there any way of restoring the...
  10. Power Outage, Now Blue Screens!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Outage, Now Blue Screens!: I had a power outage a few days ago, and now my Windows 10 Pro has random Blue Screen problems. My system was running fine before, did the Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro no problem. I'm pretty sure the outage stopped my machine and potentially corrupted files....