Windows 10: my W10 64bit laptop doesn't utilise the 12GB RAM ?

Discus and support my W10 64bit laptop doesn't utilise the 12GB RAM ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sobran answered this question that I asked a couple of weeks ago but because I didn't get an immediate reply, I had to abandon. I have just seen his... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by waster999, Oct 17, 2019.

1. waster999 Win User

my W10 64bit laptop doesn't utilise the 12GB RAM ?

Sobran answered this question that I asked a couple of weeks ago but because I didn't get an immediate reply, I had to abandon.

I have just seen his reply as follows and my feedback on the results:-

"I'm Sobran, A Windows Adviser and a Microsoft user like you.,

We're very happy to assist you....

I understand your concern, can you please try these below steps...

On your keyboard, please press the Windows logo key and type cmd. Then right click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.

Click Yes when prompted to confirm.

In the command prompt window, type sfc/scannow and press Enter.

It’ll take some time for the SFC to replace the corrupted system files with new ones if it detects any, so please be patient.

When the scan result comes, please let me know ..."

I have done that and the scan revealed errors, some of which weren't resolved. It suggests there is a log File but I can't find it at c:\windows\logs\CBS\CBS.log?

message as follows

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at

windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline

repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Thanks,

David

:)

waster999, Oct 17, 2019
  2. ShengGui Win User

12GB RAM installed but only usable 3.45GB Windows 10 64bit

Hi, I just upgraded my laptop (Asus X550ZE) from 4GB to 12GB, somehow I notice my windows detected 12GB (3.45GB usable) only just like the screenshot, may I know what is going on? How can I optimize to use all the RAM? My windows is Windows 10 with 64bit
    Home Single Language.
    my W10 64bit laptop doesn't utilise the 12GB RAM ? be824d2c-1b70-4a0b-a6a9-8def7a9f5374.png

ShengGui, Oct 17, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

my W10 64bit laptop doesn't utilise the 12GB RAM ? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 17, 2019
  4. ronkolda Win User

Upgrading RAM to 12GB or 16GB?

Hi everyone:

I have this machine:

Intel DB75EN...........it has 8GB of DDR3 RAM..... it's an older i5-2400 at 3ghz.

I acidentally (nice) discovered there's still a chance to improve RAM...I can't buy or afford a newer PC.

Amazon has Crucial DDR3 and they fit my machine in the specs checker they have.

I recently added an Crucial SSD and have Windows 10 installed there. It boots better and folders open faster than the HDD.

However, apps aren't faster at all. Just Windows.

The machine has 2 sticks of 4GB installed which make the 8GB. Going from 8GB to 12GB........will it make a difference?

Or it's better to go to 16GB?.

If I could I would to go to 32GB.......the machine specs says it supports up to 32GB RAM (however I can't afford it), since they're DDR3, they are older and are NOT cheap. I can only afford up to 16GB.

Should I make the effort to get 16GB or will 12GB be good?

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

ronkolda, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. my W10 64bit laptop doesn't utilise the 12GB RAM ? - Similar Threads - W10 64bit laptop

2. 12gb ram but only 2.96gb is usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    12gb ram but only 2.96gb is usable: Hello so I bought a 8gb ram for my PC windows 10 but the problem it says 2.96 gb usable of my 12gb ram I tried reinstalling windows 10 64bit but it doesn't work also when I try to open the memtest which is on the USB bootable it says cannot run on windows 32bit mode even...
  3. 12gb ram but only 2.96gb is usable

in Windows 10 Customization
    12gb ram but only 2.96gb is usable: Hello so I bought a 8gb ram for my PC windows 10 but the problem it says 2.96 gb usable of my 12gb ram I tried reinstalling windows 10 64bit but it doesn't work also when I try to open the memtest which is on the USB bootable it says cannot run on windows 32bit mode even...
  4. Will increasing my ram from 4gb to 12gb ram help in better gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will increasing my ram from 4gb to 12gb ram help in better gaming: I have a intel cre i5 6300u @2.40ghz4gb ram 500 gb storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-increasing-my-ram-from-4gb-to-12gb-ram-help/d6dd09ae-d183-4ab8-9bed-54fdf8ef6fd2
  5. Search using 12GB of RAM

in Cortana
    Search using 12GB of RAM: So I restart my computer, and a few minutes later, I notice my fan speed going up and my temperatures rising, So my first instinct is to open task manager and I see "search" no process name there just "Search" using a concerningly high amount of CPU and it started at about...
  6. Search using 12GB of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search using 12GB of RAM: So I restart my computer, and a few minutes later, I notice my fan speed going up and my temperatures rising, So my first instinct is to open task manager and I see "search" no process name there just "Search" using a concerningly high amount of CPU and it started at about...
  7. Search using 12GB of RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. 12gb of my ram is reserved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    12gb of my ram is reserved: I have an old computer and ddr3 16 Gb ram 4 sticks and 12 Gb of it is reserved i don't know how it happened but after I reset my computer like a week later this happened and I managed to fix it for like an hour then but then only 8 Gb was reserved it went back to 12 Gb...
  9. 12gb of my ram is reserved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    12gb of my ram is reserved: I have an old computer and ddr3 16 Gb ram 4 sticks and 12 Gb of it is reserved i don't know how it happened but after I reset my computer like a week later this happened and I managed to fix it for like an hour then but then only 8 Gb was reserved it went back to 12 Gb...
  10. 12gb of my ram is reserved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging