Windows 10: My W10 PC will not restart after BSOD

Discus and support My W10 PC will not restart after BSOD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My windows 10 machine, an AMD based system I assembled Myself, will not automatically restart after a BSOD. I have the settings in "Start up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by transmaster, Jun 17, 2016.

1. My W10 PC will not restart after BSOD

My windows 10 machine, an AMD based system I assembled Myself, will not automatically restart after a BSOD. I have the settings in "Start up and Recovery set as follows

Time to display list of operating systems: 30 seconds
    Automatic restart is checked
    Small memory dump
    %SystemRoot%\Minidump
    Overwrite any existing file, by default.

The root cause of these BSOD rarely repeat themselves they seem to be correcting themselves with the reboot, so looking at their causes in not really an issue. But this auto restart problem is really irritating is here somewhere else I can address this problem other then in the System start-up window?

:)

transmaster, Jun 17, 2016

2. BSoD on Windows 10

I was just sitting on PC today looking at youtube and talking to some friends and suddenly the BSoD appears. My pc turned off and then i turned it on again. I restarted and as i restarted i got the BSoD again. I then started my pc up again and shut it
    down, the BSoD didn't appear. For some reason when i restart my PC i get the BSoD however when shutting down i don't. It has only happened once randomly but i am writing this straight after it happened. HELP!

Teddy Dixon, Jun 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 BSOD'S when PC is idle critical_process_died

So after upgrading to W10, and after clean reinstall of W10 I've had a lot of bsod's.

So I already posted a question because I thought they were connected as it stands one issue is resolved, and one still remains. First issue you can find in link below. Basically the problem was that my Kaspesrky wasn't playing nice with some video
    recording software, after I uninstalled that software that bsod stopped.

Windows 10 BSOD, it says IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE.

But one still remained, if you can call it bsod. What happens is that every time when my pc is idle it is like my OS HDD just shuts down. I get the bsod image (see below) but it is not generated in even viewer and there is no mem dump. I once left
    it overnight and it stayed it 0% as in image below.

My W10 PC will not restart after BSOD [​IMG]

So when this happens if I push restart button on my case PC boots, but my OS HDD is missing (others are detected normally) and it is not spinning (there are not any vibrations coming from him). So what I need to do is hold power button to completely
    shut down PC, and when I power it back on OS HDD is spinning and OS is booting.

It is like OS HDD is not getting power or something. And I can’t figure it out if it is software (W10) or hardware problem. And I think it is not hardware because I tried changing HDD power lines from my PSU, and SATA ports for HDD’s. And problem still
    remains.

And when it happens if I restart PC I can’t see OS HDD but when I power PC down and back on, after that OS HDD is back on and working nice. And it only happens when PC is idle I am using it quite heavily over the weekends 10+ hours and it never crushes.

Thx in advance for any help.

JosipLovrečić, Jun 17, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

My W10 PC will not restart after BSOD

5. Done: Interesting to see what the brethren here come up with. Back in what now passes as the stone age for computing, 40 or so years ago I used to have fun finding problems, it isn't fun anymore. You know it is bad when you see a dyed in the wool PC person contemplating his first Apple Computer since 1984. I half expect to see on the BSOD screen an statement slip in stating "you know this would not happen if you purchase a MacBook". *Wink

6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Yes, you are right. They just have 'Kernel Panic', not BSOD.

7. It never seems to change I have been playing with what I call "Infernal Demons from Hell" since the early 1970's. Had an Apple II back in 1984. Nice machine but would not run the software I needed. Been a PC man since that is about to change. MacOS-X Coming out this fall looks sweet.

8. My W10 PC will not restart after BSOD

I wonder if I made a mistake going to a Radeon Graphics card, I have always used Nvidia's up till now but I figured this time AMD machine, go with an AMD graphics card. Anyway here is your dump file.

DESKTOP-C1SOBOL-Fri_06_24_2016_102300_79.zip

transmaster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

My W10 PC will not restart after BSOD

1. My W10 PC will not restart after BSOD - Similar Threads - W10 restart BSOD

2. My PC restart because of BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC restart because of BSOD: Recently i get randomly BSOD about PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAI tried to read the dump file but i don't understand from what process/driver comesit's the dump file https://mega.nz/file/1BgWiBrS#kPp1cXBpeGPpaQ-Ce7tgipiOAdlNHNf-8WuvbD3-61I...
  3. My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD: I tried many solutions I've found on the web but the error still occurs. I checked the event viewer and it says "Event 41, Kernel-Power 70368744177664,2".PC Specs:CPU: Ryzen 5 5600GMobo: MSI Mag B550m BazookaRAM: TForce Vulcan Z 3200 8GB 2xSSD: Kingston SNVS/500GBHDD 1: HGST...
  4. Restarted my PC (W10) and i got a BSoD and i can't restore or reset it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarted my PC (W10) and i got a BSoD and i can't restore or reset it.: I started my PC today and i couldn't open Steam, i restarted my PC to see if it would help and i was surprised with a BSoD. It doesn't give the reason or a code to the solution, it only says that it couldn't solve the problem and this path:...
  5. W10 restarting no BSOD or error message

W10 restarting no BSOD or error message: Hello, I have had an issue crop up in the last week where my computer restarts without any warning or blue screen. What can I do to figure out the source of this issue? Thanks, cb...
  6. BSOD whenever Shutting down or Restarting PC. W10 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD whenever Shutting down or Restarting PC. W10 1909: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ObsessiveGeeek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f3c8os/bsod_whenever_shutting_down_or_restarting_pc_w10/
  7. PC is not auto restarted after BSOD

PC is not auto restarted after BSOD: Hi, - Last week, my Windows 10 Home PC had a BSOD with the error STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION Image: https://ibb.co/niSkYo I have searched on the internet but there is no information about this error. It collected the error information for 100% but without auto...
  8. BSoD after PC start / restart

BSoD after PC start / restart: Morning people! Since 3, 4 (max. 4) days I've noticed that my deskop shows beautiful BSoD after about 30 seconds after typing password to my Win 10 account. It also happens after I restart my PC. So far I tried to uninstall updates installed in last 4 days but nothing...
  9. Bsod why my w10 restart

Bsod why my w10 restart: It is the second time that my computer restart alone when I am in files explorer. It seems that incident was reported at Microsoft. Thank you for your help. Attachment 33608 18862
  10. W10 Won't Restart After Update

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Won't Restart After Update: My Gateway desktop running W10 updated a few days ago and I believe, restarted on its own. We used it without problem, for several days. This afternoon, I saw I had notifications and one said the computer needed to be restarted. Not having anything pressing at the moment, I...