Windows 10: My Wacom intuos pro tablet is acting as a mouse rather than a tablet, and doing an awful...

Discus and support My Wacom intuos pro tablet is acting as a mouse rather than a tablet, and doing an awful... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It had been working fine for about a couple of years until now. Suddenly the pen pressure was completely gone, as in nothing will come out at all, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SherrieHe, Nov 5, 2018.

1. SherrieHe Win User

My Wacom intuos pro tablet is acting as a mouse rather than a tablet, and doing an awful...

It had been working fine for about a couple of years until now.

• Suddenly the pen pressure was completely gone, as in nothing will come out at all, in my preferred art program Krita.
    • And whenever I hover over, say, a scroll bar it will shift to the left all on its own.
    • If I press down on the scroll bar, it will merely stop the scrolling until I let go.
    • If I just hover over my canvas, it will zoom in all the way.
    • If I press down on any surface that isn't the canvas or scroll bar, it will either act like a right click or, if on a button, it will either not register the click or it will but within a fraction of a second revert immediately back to another button. (In the history, layers, and pen pressure panel, it will always revert back to history)
    • In photoshop, the pen pressure works there, but it is interrupted almost immediately by a brush size and hardness pop-up box making drawing impossible.
    • Using the pen on non-installed programs such as Microsoft edge internet and then immediately switching to my mouse makes the mouse's left click act like a right click until I right click on something; I have to retell my mouse which button is the right click, hilariously.
    • On my desktop if I hover over something with the pen, it drags it around until I tap on empty space multiple times with it.

I tried some online advice from people with similar problems, which was to uninstall the wacom tablet driver and the device driver, restart, reinstall the drivers by looking it up on their site, run the download, restart, and then set up the tablet again. All this accomplished was bringing the pressure settings back in krita.

In the Device Manager panel the tablet is listed under Human Interface Devices, and I know because it says "Wacom Tablet" at the bottom of the list. My computer is an HP Envy x360 laptop, Windows 10 of course.

:)

SherrieHe, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Chino Win User

Wacom Announces Technologically and Ergonomically Improved Intuos Pen Tablet

Today, Wacom announced a new, significantly upgraded version of its Intuos pen tablet for creative beginners and enthusiasts. Bundled with software for drawing, painting and image editing, the new Intuos tablet offers an immediate start into digital art. Anyone interested in getting creative on a digital level will be able to enjoy a natural pen experience, improved accuracy and enhanced online navigation capability. Ambitious comic and Manga fans, hobby painters and photographers just need to download a software of choice to "get creative."

"Wacom has a legacy of providing state-of-the-art technology and full solutions to our customers," said Faik Karaoglu, Executive Vice President at Wacom's Creative Business Unit. "We know that only the combination of hardware and software allows for an immediate start. That is why we asked leading software partners to join us in the new pen tablet offer. We believe that our customers will love the new Intuos for its advanced technology and software options."

My Wacom intuos pro tablet is acting as a mouse rather than a tablet, and doing an awful... mYbpECOJ4FUokwVX_thm.jpg

My Wacom intuos pro tablet is acting as a mouse rather than a tablet, and doing an awful... oTHMsE8y6cPRAdNk_thm.jpg

My Wacom intuos pro tablet is acting as a mouse rather than a tablet, and doing an awful... 2pfX8pB33wVu8mm9_thm.jpg

My Wacom intuos pro tablet is acting as a mouse rather than a tablet, and doing an awful... 9ycv88zJR9PeMPlM_thm.jpg

My Wacom intuos pro tablet is acting as a mouse rather than a tablet, and doing an awful... v5FOyUWGO0pvCHPb_thm.jpg

Upon purchase of the new Wacom Intuos, users can download up to $160 worth of creative software, including Corel Painter Essentials 6 for design and illustration, CELSYS CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO for comic and Magna creation and Corel AfterShot 3 for photo editing. Numerous video tutorials by Wacom, Corel and Celsys will help users get started.

New Intuos features include built-in wireless Bluetooth integration on some models, and three color choices. Available in small and medium sizes, all models have the same active tablet area as previous versions but with a smaller footprint and lighter weight. A built-in pen tray, four express keys, an LED indicator and in the Bluetooth models a 60 percent improvement on battery life rounds out the upgrade.

The included pen boasts 4,096 levels of pressure sensitivity, battery-free Wacom EMR technology, and an improved ergonomic design with increased weight and soft touch grip area, in-pen nib compartment and nib extractor.

Configuration, Pricing and Availability
    The new Intuos line comes in small and medium sizes and offers the following features:

Wacom Intuos Small
    With Bluetooth
    • Software options offer a choice of two out of three software downloads: Corel Painter Essentials 6, Corel AfterShot 3, or CELSYS CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO (in China: UDM PAINT PRO)
    • Color: charcoal black, pistachio green or berry pink (in selected regions)
    • Price: $99 USD
    Without Bluetooth
    • Software options offer a choice of one out of two software downloads: Corel Painter Essentials 6, or Corel AfterShot 3
    • Color: charcoal black
    • Price: $79 USD
    Wacom Intuos Medium
    With Bluetooth
    • Software: Purchasers may download all three software options: Corel Painter Essentials 6, Corel AfterShot 3, or CELSYS CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO (in China: UDM PAINT PRO)
    • Color: charcoal black, pistachio green or berry pink (in selected regions)
    • Price: $199 USD

Chino, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet-"tablet driver not found"

Problem: I cannot access the Wacom tablet properties, receive error "tablet driver not found".

I have tried solutions on Microsoft community and other sites with out success.

I have downloaded latest drivers from Wacom.

Tablet does show in device manager and control panel.

Restarting Wacom Professional driver service does not work.

I have tried the tablet in a windows 7 OS laptop and the tablet properties panel did work, so do not believe

it is a hardware or usb port issue.

Tablet previously worked when I ran windows 7 OS.

I have allowed all the Wacom applications through windows firewall.

I have tried older Wacom drivers without success.

I have installed the Wacom driver as a normal install into the 'C' drive.

The pen itself does function on the tablet, there is power to the tablet but cannot set up any tablet buttons.

I am using Windows 10 64 bit OS.

I would appreciate any further steps I might take to solve this issue.

Thank you

RobertGillan_992, Nov 6, 2018
  4. My Wacom intuos pro tablet is acting as a mouse rather than a tablet, and doing an awful...

wacom intuos 3 tablet not working anymore

Hi,

I'm on windows 10 64bit and my Wacom intuos 3 tablet doesn't work properly anymore,

the thing is it did work about a month ago on the same system and neither hardware or software has changed.

The tablet works perfectly on another pc with win 7 and the Wacom driver is up to date.

My guess is that something has changed with a Win 10 update, because that's the only thing that's different.

Thank you for any help with this issue.

Rgeards,Diederik

diederik dend, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

My Wacom intuos pro tablet is acting as a mouse rather than a tablet, and doing an awful...

1. My Wacom intuos pro tablet is acting as a mouse rather than a tablet, and doing an awful... - Similar Threads - Wacom intuos pro

2. WACOM INTUOS Pro tablet wake up problem with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WACOM INTUOS Pro tablet wake up problem with Windows 10: With Windows 10 installed, my PC wakes up fine after sleep. With my WACOM Intuos plugged in, it usually does not. The screen is unresponsive when the mouse is moved and a key touched. I see an arrow that does not move or if it does move, nothing happens on a black screen and...
  3. Windows Ink Cursor Issue with a Wacom Intuos Tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Ink Cursor Issue with a Wacom Intuos Tablet: Hello, I have a Wacom Intuos S graphics tablet and would like to use it with OneNote for Windows 10 (the UWP app). However, I've noticed that, when in draw mode, the cursor is just the regular mouse pointer and not the small dot. When I hover over the menus on the side or...
  4. Wacom Intuos tablet in bluetooth mode flickers in MS OneNote and Whiteboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wacom Intuos tablet in bluetooth mode flickers in MS OneNote and Whiteboard: How can I stop the screen from flickering to complete black out when using Wacom Intuos pen tablet CTL-4100WL in BLUETOOTH mode when using OneNote and MS Whitboard? Problem goes away when I use Wacom tablet connected to PC using the USB cord. There is no problem using...
  5. MOUSE bug - Wacom pen + tablet

in Windows 10 Customization
    MOUSE bug - Wacom pen + tablet: https://imgur.com/a/zzmMqUy I am having an issue where after a minute or two, never immediately, after using my drawing tablet, Windows decides to increase my cursor size seeminglybeyond the maximum size in Settings. My setup is as follows: Wacom Intuos 2 XD-1212-U...
  6. wacom tablet

wacom tablet: Hi, Yesterday i bought a wacom tablet FT-0405-U0B and wanted to install it on windows 10 but didn't work. I've installed the drivers from the internet,nothing works. Is it even compatible with windows 10? I can't even find any information on google to veryfied that. I've...
  7. My computer is recognizing my wacom tablet as a mouse

My computer is recognizing my wacom tablet as a mouse: Hello everyone, I followed the fix on an old post where someone removed all the wacom info from the computer and reinstalled the drivers. The problem is, as soon as I plug in my wacom tablet, windows auto installs it as a mouse whether I have wacom drivers installed or...
  8. Wacom Tablet Registered as Mouse

Wacom Tablet Registered as Mouse: Hi, I recently got a used Wacom Bamboo CTL-460 and I've been trying to set it up with my HP laptop running Windows 10. I downloaded the driver compatible with CTL products and plugged in the tablet, which the computer recognized and said was "ready to use". The buttons on...
  9. wacom tablet not detected

wacom tablet not detected: My Intuos tablet doesnt show up when I open the Wacom desktop center so I cant restore my device settings and cant use the pens sensitivity or shortcuts anymore. It makes that sound when it gets plugged in and shows up in device managers but it just acts like a mouse. I've...
  10. Windows 10 Crashes While Using Wacom Intuos Tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crashes While Using Wacom Intuos Tablet: Recently I've had several occasions when my PC started stuttering before grinding to a complete halt while I was using my Wacom Intuos tablet on Photoshop. The strange thing is, when I hit restart, my PC recovered very quickly, as if it was merely a soft system restart - but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 thinks my wacom intuos is a mouse

2. intuos shows up as mouse

3. my computer thinks my intuos pro is a mouse