Windows 10: My wallpaper randomly changed by itself along with the size of the desktop icons

Discus and support My wallpaper randomly changed by itself along with the size of the desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I using my desktop, my wallpaper was exactly as I left it. After closing out of my tabs, I quickly noticed that my wallpaper was changed to a very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanJ_016, Oct 21, 2020.

1. DanJ_016 Win User

My wallpaper randomly changed by itself along with the size of the desktop icons

When I using my desktop, my wallpaper was exactly as I left it. After closing out of my tabs, I quickly noticed that my wallpaper was changed to a very old joke one I had years ago. Mind you, it was an image I no longer had on my hard drive and I had changed my wallpaper many times after. When I went to change it back, all of the previous wallpapers I had before were gone and replaced by the default ones. My desktop icons were also resized and disorganized as well. I don't how my wallpaper could have changed by itself. Especially, to an image that wasn't even on my hard drive. Right now, it seems like nothing was damaged and everything was altered has been restored. What I want to know is how this could have happened.

The only thing I recall prior was when I using my desktop, my memory usage became so severe, I had to restart, but my wallpaper was fine after the restart.

:)

DanJ_016, Oct 21, 2020

2. How to change the size of desktop icons on Windows 10

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about size of desktop icons.

Try the below steps to change of the desktop icons and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop, over the mouse on View option.
    • You will find Large icons, Medium icons,
      Small icons
    • Choose the option you wish to.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 21, 2020
  4. dudeth Win User

My wallpaper randomly changed by itself along with the size of the desktop icons

Desktop Icons/Fonts change sizes by themselves randomly

My friend can walk away from his computer and come back and the desktop icons/fonts will have changed sizes. It also randomly happens while using the computer/browsing. I have read about other people having this problem with desktop icons but have not found a solution. Any ideas where to start?

dudeth, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. My wallpaper randomly changed by itself along with the size of the desktop icons - Similar Threads - wallpaper randomly changed

2. Desktop Icon changes size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon changes size: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public Release versionDoes anyone else have problems with Desktop Icons changing size?I have one icon on my desktop, that when I start my computer displays it's large size. During the course of the day while using my computer, without even touching...
  3. Desktop Icon changes size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon changes size: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public Release versionDoes anyone else have problems with Desktop Icons changing size?I have one icon on my desktop, that when I start my computer displays it's large size. During the course of the day while using my computer, without even touching...
  4. Desktop icons changed size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons changed size?: I had my desktop really nice and organised, all the icons were the default size and such. however i took my pc with me on holiday and plugged it into an external TV which in turn changed all my icons around and it changed their size . i thought it would be fine as when i...
  5. Icons randomly change sizes.

Icons randomly change sizes.: I have my desktop icons set to Large and all of the programs / shortcuts have 256x256 icons. They all appeared as large icons until a couple of days ago when a game I was playing crashed. After that about half the icons had reverted to a smaller size, this has also happened...
  6. Wallpaper Changed by itself

Wallpaper Changed by itself: Hi, My desktop wallpaper got changed to an image that was not on my laptop. This happened almost in front of me. I was using my laptop, got busy in something else but I was sitting near it the whole time and when I paid attention to my laptop again the wallpaper had been...
  7. My desktop wallpaper changed itself with unknown pictures

My desktop wallpaper changed itself with unknown pictures: I had a very strange experience a few minutes ago. I played my favorite song which is from One Direction but suddenly when I minimize all the windows, my desktop wallpaper changed with One Direction picture. All members of One Direction were there which made me having a...
  8. Changing the size of desktop icons

Changing the size of desktop icons: Hello, When I place a shortcut to a file on the desktop it assigns the default icon (e.g. Word or Excel icon) and this is approx 80 x 80 pixels. If I then change that icon to one that I've created it displays at approx 40 x 40 pixels (choosing an icon from the icons folder...
  9. Changing icon size on desktop

Changing icon size on desktop: Somehow one of my children changed the icon size of the recycle bin on my desktop screen so it is really large. How do I get it back to the regular size? Thank you....
  10. Desktop Icons/Fonts change sizes by themselves randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons/Fonts change sizes by themselves randomly: My friend can walk away from his computer and come back and the desktop icons/fonts will have changed sizes. It also randomly happens while using the computer/browsing. I have read about other people having this problem with desktop icons but have not found a solution. Any...