Windows 10: My weather app always displays the weather for wrong date

Discus and support My weather app always displays the weather for wrong date in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My weather app always displays the weather for Feb or Mar 20 ,2018, instead of the current date. (It is Tuesday the 20th, so I don't know which month.)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnReynolds7, Nov 5, 2018.

1. My weather app always displays the weather for wrong date

My weather app always displays the weather for Feb or Mar 20 ,2018, instead of the current date. (It is Tuesday the 20th, so I don't know which month.) I have updated recently and ensured my time and date settings are correct, but the problem persists.How do I fix it?

:)

JohnReynolds7, Nov 5, 2018

2. Weather app not working

Since you've already tried to run the app troubleshooter but the issue still persists, we suggest that you uninstall the
    Weather app using a PowerShell command and reinstall it. To do this, please follow the steps listed below:

• Type PowerShell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell then select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command below into the PowerShell window then press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Restart your PC after uninstalling the app.
    • To reinstall the app, type Store in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Search for the Weather app, then click Get or Download.

Kindly update us with the result after performing the suggested steps and let us know if you need further assistance.

Eileen Gal, Nov 5, 2018
  3. MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Hi,

Since you already completed the troubleshooting provided and it did not resolve the concern with the live tile of the MSN Weather app not updating, we suggest that you reset the MSN Weather app by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings
      app and then select System from the list of options shown.
    • Under the System options menu, select the option on the left-hand panel labeled
      Apps & features.
    • Under Apps & features, scroll down through the list of apps installed on your computer and locate the
      Weather app.
    • Select the Weather app and then click on the link "Advanced options".
    • Once you have the "Advanced options" menu open, click on the button labeled "Reset".
    • Once you click on the "Reset" button another prompt will show up notifying you if you would like to complete the reset. Just click on the "Reset" button to complete the process.

Once you complete the steps provided, we suggest that you restart the computer first before you proceed to set up the MSN Weather app again and also verify if the live tile will update properly or not. If the steps still do not resolve your concern we suggest
    that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to provide feedback from within the app and provide as much detail as you can to resolve the concern. Refer to the section in the article labeled "Send ideas for improving the app" for the steps to submit your feedback.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Mark Isi Win User

My weather app always displays the weather for wrong date

App Update Issue (MSN Weather)

Hi Kieran,

This time, let's try to focus on the Weather app itself. first troubleshooting step that we can suggest is to reset the Weather app, and see how it goes. Here are the steps:

• Type Apps & features on the Cortana search box. Hit the
      Enter key.
    • Scroll down and click Weather.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your PC and see if it will update properly this time.

Another step that we can try is the Windows app troubleshooter. Feel free to check out
    this link for more information and download link.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

My weather app always displays the weather for wrong date

1. My weather app always displays the weather for wrong date - Similar Threads - weather app always

2. Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather: I need help I had to reset my laptop thinking cortona would fox itself but it didn’t it still has the wrong location don’t know why please help...
  3. Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather: I need help I had to reset my laptop thinking cortona would fox itself but it didn’t it still has the wrong location don’t know why please help...
  4. Weather App on PC shows wrong city

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather App on PC shows wrong city: Today is 4/25/22 and I am in Chicago, IL and the live tile ALWAYS shows the weather for Jacksonville, FL upon startup and continues to do so until I open the weather app. The weather app then shows my correct location of Chicago, IL. Once I close the weather app, then the...
  5. Weather App on PC shows wrong city

Weather App on PC shows wrong city: Today is 4/25/22 and I am in Chicago, IL and the live tile ALWAYS shows the weather for Jacksonville, FL upon startup and continues to do so until I open the weather app. The weather app then shows my correct location of Chicago, IL. Once I close the weather app, then the...
  6. Weather App

Weather App: Windows 10 is already the most catastrophic OS of all time - and now this: The "Weather App" is no longer what it used to be. A new Microsoft feature, so to speak. I had a list with about 20 favorite places. This list was ordered from north to south An alphabetical...
  7. Weather App

Weather App: Hey there, I firstly used the search to look if anyone else had the same issue with the Wheater App. It doesn't work at all , if I click on the tile it doesn't launch the app. If I use the search and launch from there, same result, it doesn't start. The store works fine; I...
  8. the weather app is not displaying the weather, etc when you click start

the weather app is not displaying the weather, etc when you click start: For some reason the weather app is not displaying the weather, etc when you click start. How can this be fixed? this is in the latest build 10162 7857
  9. My weather display is to small

My weather display is to small: Im not sure how to make this fill my 43in 1080P screen which I have a screen resolution set for 4k the picture looks pretty good *chuckle 51112
  10. Weather App

Weather App: So the weather app in W10 preview is an updated version that is somewhat half broke. I figured out how to get the old version. Open PowerShell as an administrator and enter Code: Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.BingWeather | Remove-AppxPackage[/quote] Then go to the...