Windows 10: My web camera is not working. The message says it is being used by another app but it is...

Discus and support My web camera is not working. The message says it is being used by another app but it is... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My web camera is not working. The message says it is being used by another app but it is not. How to fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ThomasTang4, Jun 7, 2021.

1. My web camera is not working. The message says it is being used by another app but it is...

My web camera is not working. The message says it is being used by another app but it is not. How to fix?

:)

ThomasTang4, Jun 7, 2021

2. Web Camera is not working

Hello

I assume by your comment "black screen appears in video call", you are experiencing problems in other camera apps as well, possibly Skype. If your camera isn't working in any applications this is indicative of a camera driver issue. Please try the steps
    listed here to resolve your issue:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

If your issue isn't resolved after running the steps, please report back with your camera make and model and the driver information you aquire from step 3.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom A - Windows Camera Platform Team [MSFT], Jun 7, 2021
  3. Web camera not working with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• What is the complete error message you are getting?
    I understand the inconvenience you have experienced while accessing Windows Camera app.

Let try the below steps and check it helps:

Method 1:
    Run built in Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and hit Enter
    • Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter from the list and see if it works.
    Method 2:
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:

• Click Start.
    • Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open elevated command prompt(I.e. Command prompt with admin rights).
    • If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click
      Continue.
    • Type or copy paste the command line into it
      without quotes:
      “sfc /scannow”
    • Reboot the system and check if problem resolved.
    Also refer to the below suggestion provided by Tom A - Windows Camera Team [MSFT] replied on November 16, 2015 and check if it helps.

Web Camera is not working

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 7, 2021
  4. My web camera is not working. The message says it is being used by another app but it is...

Camera app not working on Windows 10

Hello Phoebe,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

Does it give any error message?

Suggest you to try with the below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run built in Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

* Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and select the same from the list

* Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter from the list

* Click Advanced, ensure to check Apply repairs automatically
    and also select Run as administrator

* Click Next and finish the troubleshooting by following the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

Suggest you to check with the below article, which provides troubleshooting steps when Camera app fails to start.

How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows
    Camera app fails to launch

Fix Windows Camera app problems with USB web cameras

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

My web camera is not working. The message says it is being used by another app but it is...

1. My web camera is not working. The message says it is being used by another app but it is... - Similar Threads - web camera working

2. how to solve camera is being used by another app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to solve camera is being used by another app: how to solve camera is being used by another appand i am not able attend zoom class as it showing camera not availabe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-camera-is-being-used-by-another-app/cb8bd752-9269-4b6f-a4df-051dbb3fe320
  3. how to solve camera is being used by another app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to solve camera is being used by another app: how to solve camera is being used by another appand i am not able attend zoom class as it showing camera not availabe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-camera-is-being-used-by-another-app/cb8bd752-9269-4b6f-a4df-051dbb3fe320
  4. how to solve camera is being used by another app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 'camera is in use on another app' message in whatsapp even when no apps are open.

'camera is in use on another app' message in whatsapp even when no apps are open.: Telegram is always using audio and camera even if I close the app after opening it. 'camera in use' message shows on whatsapp video call even if no other apps are open . i have to restart the computer and open Whatsapp first to make it work again. If telegram is opened once,...
  6. 'camera is in use on another app' message in whatsapp even when no apps are open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'camera is in use on another app' message in whatsapp even when no apps are open.: Telegram is always using audio and camera even if I close the app after opening it. 'camera in use' message shows on whatsapp video call even if no other apps are open . i have to restart the computer and open Whatsapp first to make it work again. If telegram is opened once,...
  7. My camera is in use by another app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My camera is in use by another app: I recently had to use the smart phone to join a Zoom call because my camera wouldn't work. I later tried to open the computer camera but got a message that the camera is being used by another app. How does one find out which app is using it and regain use of the camera?Error...
  8. Web Camera Not Being Detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Web Camera Not Being Detected: Hi all! I'm having an issue with webcams not being detected; I tried 3 different cameras, which all worked some time ago (I last used my webcam around May for online school, and now that I'm back to distance learning I really need to figure this out). The camera app isn't...
  9. Camera is being used by another app - Windows Hello Face Setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Camera is being used by another app - Windows Hello Face Setup: Hi, I am using the HP Envy x360 Convertible 15-bp1xx and I am having a problem setting up the Windows Hello Face. After I type in my PIN, I continue and the light beside my camera lights up but it says something went wrong and the camera is currently in use by another app....
  10. Camera being used by another app.

Camera being used by another app.: Want to use camera on laptop and reads that the camera is being used by another app that needs to be closed. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/camera-being-used-by-another-app/4529ad7b-4d3a-4cc6-9937-b5feb61d53e2