Windows 10: My web credentials do not show any saved sights of passwords I have them and use them in edge.

Discus and support My web credentials do not show any saved sights of passwords I have them and use them in edge. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know you can look at your saved passwords in password manager but mine do not show any saved sights of passwords I have them and use them in edge. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mark Jcleary, Jan 20, 2021.

1. My web credentials do not show any saved sights of passwords I have them and use them in edge.

I know you can look at your saved passwords in password manager but mine do not show any saved sights of passwords I have them and use them in edge. I could see them on my old computer using windows 10 but on both my new HP laptops nothing shows up. I do have saved password for sights and they work fine in edge I just cannot retrieve them in web credentials they show none saved? I am lost

:)

Mark Jcleary, Jan 20, 2021
  2. TorrenceL Win User

Saved Passwords and Credentials on Edge

Hello I have Windows 10 and am wondering when I save passwords are they saving to the same credential manager as Internet Explorer?

If I save a web password on Edge will it also come up in Explorer and vice versa if I save a password on IE will it come up in Edge or are they both independent of each other?

TorrenceL, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Gabor Cs. Win User
    Microsoft Edge, Windows Web Credentials Manager - Exporting Passwords. Need Help Please - Thank you! My web credentials do not show any saved sights of passwords I have them and use them in edge. :)

Do you really suggest that one should navigate to tons of websites and use their "Forgot password?" feature to be able to save the web credentials in the new environment????

There is one workaround where at least the export is fast:

• Export Web Credentials with a third-party tool, e.g. VaultPasswordView from
      www.nirsoft.net
    • Navigate to the sites one by one.
    • Login using the exported credential info.
    • Save password when the browser asks.
    If Windows Credentials can be exported and then imported through the UI then what kind of "security and privacy purpose" is it to forbid the same mechanism for Web Credentials?

Let's say ok, there are some "security and privacy purposes" against exporting passwords.

But what about importing or creating new Web Credentials?

Why is it also impossible?

How does IE/Edge stores the credentials in the Web Credentials?

What API do they call to save the credentials?

Gabor Cs., Jan 20, 2021
  4. My web credentials do not show any saved sights of passwords I have them and use them in edge.

Saved Passwords and Credentials on Edge

ChanDang71, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

My web credentials do not show any saved sights of passwords I have them and use them in edge.

1. My web credentials do not show any saved sights of passwords I have them and use them in edge. - Similar Threads - web credentials show

2. attachments have to be downloaded and saved. i used to be able to lcick on them, open them...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    attachments have to be downloaded and saved. i used to be able to lcick on them, open them...: When i click on an attachment now or a photo, instead of it opening it required me to save it first in windows and I don't want to do that. I want to OPEN it and then save it as I choose. It used to do that. I would click on the photo, once opened, and then choose save as....
  3. attachments have to be downloaded and saved. i used to be able to lcick on them, open them...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    attachments have to be downloaded and saved. i used to be able to lcick on them, open them...: When i click on an attachment now or a photo, instead of it opening it required me to save it first in windows and I don't want to do that. I want to OPEN it and then save it as I choose. It used to do that. I would click on the photo, once opened, and then choose save as....
  4. attachments have to be downloaded and saved. i used to be able to lcick on them, open them...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. DIR & Explorer shows I have 2 folders. Any attempt use them tells me they do not exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DIR & Explorer shows I have 2 folders. Any attempt use them tells me they do not exist: I have a USB connected drive with 3 folders in its root directory. One folder, “My Backups” has several large files and works perfectly normally.The other two folders are empty and have the names “21_04_18b" and “21_04_18bbCD” where the b’s represent blanks. I have no idea...
  6. DIR & Explorer shows I have 2 folders. Any attempt use them tells me they do not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIR & Explorer shows I have 2 folders. Any attempt use them tells me they do not exist: I have a USB connected drive with 3 folders in its root directory. One folder, “My Backups” has several large files and works perfectly normally.The other two folders are empty and have the names “21_04_18b" and “21_04_18bbCD” where the b’s represent blanks. I have no idea...
  7. DIR & Explorer shows I have 2 folders. Any attempt use them tells me they do not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. credential web passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    credential web passwords: hi,out of the blue, passwords that were always in web credentials disappeared. know its not saving any? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-web-passwords/5db58466-5bc0-48a7-9e5e-9edf48cdba11
  9. Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...: After the latest updates, Edge is not saving passwords. This occurred a couple of times last year after updates - occurred again after the updates in Jan-Feb 2021. NOT GOOD. I have checked Credential Manager - it is running, I have gone to "save Passwords" in settings -...
  10. Windows 10 - Credential Manager Web passwords disappear but edge still inserts them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 - Credential Manager Web passwords disappear but edge still inserts them: All my website security credentials have disappeared form Windows credential manager Microsoft Edge continues to use them on relevant website log in pages I have 2 questions 1. Why have they disappeared 2. Why does Microsoft Edge continue to use them This is a very...