Windows 10: my webcam does not work on my laptop it a lenevo laptop

Discus and support my webcam does not work on my laptop it a lenevo laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello guys i have been trying to get my webcam to work but it not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TanushJha, Aug 10, 2021.

1. TanushJha Win User

my webcam does not work on my laptop it a lenevo laptop

Hello guys i have been trying to get my webcam to work but it not working

:)

TanushJha, Aug 10, 2021
  2. WiIfred P Win User

install webcam on msi laptop

Hi 1papertiger,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about installing webcam on MSI laptops.

Most laptops have a built-in webcam on it, If it's not working, there's a problem with the driver or settings of it.

Step1: I request you to check for Hidden Devices in Device Manager. Please refer to these steps:

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b. Click on View and select Show Hidden Devices.

c. Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.

d. If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.

e. Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.

Step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter and check if you receive any error messages.

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.

b. Click on it and click on Hardware and Sound.

c. Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompted steps.

If the laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam on it, you would need to purchase an external webcam, plug it on your laptop and driver will download automatically.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Aug 10, 2021
  3. Internal webcam not working ASUS UX430UA Laptop

Hey guys,

So I'm having an issue with my internal webcam on my laptop (Asus UX430UA). Basically whenever I use the windows camera app, skype or any other video service it just shows a black screen, also a white led turns on next to the webcam when using the apps possibly indicating the webcam is on? I tried googling and looking at other forums for months now and seems like no one has a straight answer and/or fix. I tried uninstalling the webcam driver " USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam" and reinstalling and that didn't work, tried looking for an updated driver via Asus driver downloads and there isn't one listed for my model and also made sure all Windows 10 privacy settings are not blocking the webcam from working and that still didn't work. Hopefully someone has a suggestion that I haven't tried yet, here are the details of the driver; Version: 10.0.18362.693, Date: 6/21/2006.

Thanks in advance!

AustBart22, Aug 10, 2021
  4. my webcam does not work on my laptop it a lenevo laptop

webcam not working in my laptop

The webcam in a laptop's software is supplied by the laptop manufacturer.

I suggest that you ask in their Support Community Forums.

Bill Smithers, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

my webcam does not work on my laptop it a lenevo laptop

1. my webcam does not work on my laptop it a lenevo laptop - Similar Threads - webcam does laptop

2. Wifi does work on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi does work on my laptop: It is the same as the name says, I tried to use the answer in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wifi-option-under-network-internet/0c8d6cd3-cb24-4ba3-8572-28c945d36c29 but it did not help any suggestions ?...
  3. Wifi does work on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi does work on my laptop: It is the same as the name says, I tried to use the answer in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wifi-option-under-network-internet/0c8d6cd3-cb24-4ba3-8572-28c945d36c29 but it did not help any suggestions ?...
  4. Wifi does work on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Logitech C170 webcam does not work on my Windows 10 pro laptop.

My Logitech C170 webcam does not work on my Windows 10 pro laptop.: Hi all, I am trying to configure a Logitech C170 webcam on my Windows 10 pro, 20H2, OS version 19042.868. Windows is up to date. Windows does not automatically configure the webcam. In device manager the C170 webcam appears under "Other devices", not under "Video...
  6. Webcam problem in my laptop

Webcam problem in my laptop: i own a msi GV62VR7RF laptop bought in the year 2018. Initially the webcam was working fine but after some time the webcam stopped working. i tried downloading every driver every method of turning the webcam on but none of them worked. after some windows updates the device is...
  7. My laptop's webcam is not working.

My laptop's webcam is not working.: When I open the camera app it says that we can't find your camera. in other apps Zoom meetings it also shows the same message [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptops-webcam-is-not-working/a64ad1a0-aa27-4937-8a7b-20f458e6e79a
  8. Laptop Webcam not Working

Laptop Webcam not Working: the webcam on my HP laptop is not working. Driver says the device is working but neither the Windows Camera App nor the Zoom app show anything on the screen. Windows Defender Virus and Threat settings allow access to the device....
  9. Unlocking my lenevo laptop with windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unlocking my lenevo laptop with windows: I dropped my lenevo laptop and a friend fixed my laptop by reformatting the hard drive. Now I'm locked out my laptop. I answered the security questions but will not unlock the laptop. I cant get pass the password screen Help! Thanks...
  10. Audio does not work on my laptop

Audio does not work on my laptop: I have a Laptop - Huawei Matebook D, windows 10. Suddenly the audio has stopped working, I have nothing turned off and in the option to solve problems it tells me that the audio services do not respond and tells me that it is not corrected. Should I take it to repair or is...