Windows 10: my webcam isn't working

Discus and support my webcam isn't working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need to use ZOOM in this age of sheltering in place. My web cam shows as blocked. I have joined with video on. I checked my webcam settings in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dramadirector, Mar 20, 2020.

1. my webcam isn't working

I need to use ZOOM in this age of sheltering in place. My web cam shows as blocked. I have joined with video on. I checked my webcam settings in windows 10 and it thinks its on. There is a light beside the camera in the top of my monitor half that is on. Camera is still blocked

:)

dramadirector, Mar 20, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

my webcam isn't working

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

my webcam isn't working

1. my webcam isn't working - Similar Threads - webcam isn't working

2. My webcam is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My webcam is not working: My new laptop has a webcam built in. But it won't work when I try to use it the camera shows a camera icon with slash at the middle. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-webcam-is-not-working/ae5330e1-8f82-4eec-a236-fc368ed5fdae
  3. My webcam is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My webcam is not working: My new laptop has a webcam built in. But it won't work when I try to use it the camera shows a camera icon with slash at the middle. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-webcam-is-not-working/ae5330e1-8f82-4eec-a236-fc368ed5fdae
  4. My webcam is not working

My webcam is not working: Hello, I have a Lenovo laptop and the camera built on the laptop is not working. It will only show a camera icon with a slash at the middle. What can I do to make it work?...
  5. The webcam isn't working.

The webcam isn't working.: It was working fine but now if flickers or doesn't work at all. Sometimes I get a message that the camera can't be found. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting, but nothing seems to help. There is an error code but I don't know where to use it. What should...
  6. My webcam microphone isn't working

My webcam microphone isn't working: I recently bought an external USB webcam. The camera on the webcam works, however, the Mic doesn't work. The mic shows that it's connected, however, it doesn't detect any audio. I tried updating the drivers, I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them aswell. Nothing...
  7. my webcam isn't working pls help

my webcam isn't working pls help: my webcam isn't working pls help. its not even ;isted in my device manager. Different softwares like ZOOM, OneNote keeps telling me i don't have any camera installed. i am using hp255 with win10 1908...
  8. My webcam isn't recognised

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My webcam isn't recognised: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrsFrizzleGaveMePCP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftpapx/my_webcam_isnt_recognised/
  9. My Camera/Webcam isn't turning on/ not connected!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Camera/Webcam isn't turning on/ not connected!: I have this Windows 10 laptop, but the camera/webcam is not turning on, and I don't know how to fix it. Does anyone know anything? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camerawebcam-isnt-turning-on-not-connected/c17abf90-a67b-49b7-a5d7-99d8448a23d1
  10. my Veo webcam isn't working in windows 10 please helpme?

my Veo webcam isn't working in windows 10 please helpme?: my Veo webcam isn't working in windows 10 please helpme? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-veo-webcam-isnt-working-in-windows-10-please/2b90fc5d-4c40-4b81-82ec-64ed1c1a68ed