Windows 10: My Webcam only works in OBS.

Discus and support My Webcam only works in OBS. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just got a Lifecam 3000 hd and it works fine with OBS, the resolution is very small though. not hd at allWhen using discord or websites where i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marie_D26, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Marie_D26 Win User

My Webcam only works in OBS.

I just got a Lifecam 3000 hd and it works fine with OBS, the resolution is very small though. not hd at allWhen using discord or websites where i can select the camera it just shows up as black.It works when i use it via OBS in Discord but its annoying to always activate the camera in a second app.Yesterday I had to restart my PC because it suddenly didn't even show up in OBS.I tried updating the driver- its up to date, Microsoft doesn't provide the old drivers anymore so i couldn't try an old one. I also tried every troubleshooting trick on Youtube.*by every i mean every video that was desc

:)

Marie_D26, Feb 27, 2024
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 27, 2024
  4. JosephT71 Win User

My webcam doesnt work on apps (like discord chrome, and messenger app) but works on the camera app and obs studio

It generally means that there is a virtual webcam device and you have to find that virtual device and point your app to it.

Certain logitech webcam drivers/apps (like logitech capture) act as virtual webcam device and you have to point your app to the logitech capture as the webcam.

If you look at a bunch of youtube tutorials on something like how to use obs --- some youtubers would point the obs software to the actual logitech webcam, other youtubers would point the obs software to logitech capture.

JosephT71, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

1. My Webcam only works in OBS. - Similar Threads - Webcam works OBS

2. My Webcam only works in OBS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Webcam only works in OBS.: I just got a Lifecam 3000 hd and it works fine with OBS, the resolution is very small though. not hd at allWhen using discord or websites where i can select the camera it just shows up as black.It works when i use it via OBS in Discord but its annoying to always activate the...
  3. My Webcam only works in OBS.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Webcam only works in OBS.: I just got a Lifecam 3000 hd and it works fine with OBS, the resolution is very small though.When using discord or websites where i can select the camera it just shows up as black.It works when i use it via OBS in Discord but its annoying to always activate the camera in a...
  4. WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers: ERROR CODE: 0xA00F429F <windowShowFailed> 0x8007001FOS: Windows 10 ProVersion: 10.0.19045 Build 19045Processor: Intel i3Ram: 16GBGPU: Colorful/Rainbow GT1030DETAILS:I recently bought a webcam because my old webcam was glitching with my pc. I recently bought a 2ndhand...
  5. WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers: ERROR CODE: 0xA00F429F <windowShowFailed> 0x8007001FOS: Windows 10 ProVersion: 10.0.19045 Build 19045Processor: Intel i3Ram: 16GBGPU: Colorful/Rainbow GT1030DETAILS:I recently bought a webcam because my old webcam was glitching with my pc. I recently bought a 2ndhand...
  6. WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers

7. My webcam is not working

My webcam is not working: My new laptop has a webcam built in. But it won't work when I try to use it the camera shows a camera icon with slash at the middle. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-webcam-is-not-working/ae5330e1-8f82-4eec-a236-fc368ed5fdae
  8. My webcam is not working

My webcam is not working: Hello, I have a Lenovo laptop and the camera built on the laptop is not working. It will only show a camera icon with a slash at the middle. What can I do to make it work?...
  9. My webcam only works on microsoft teams

My webcam only works on microsoft teams: Hi, I've been trying to make my built-in webcam work in several apps in the past days even windows camera after reinstalling windows earlier but I was unsuccessful. I did all that was reported in previous threads such as reinstalling drivers, changing options in...
  10. OBS Captures black screen for webcam

OBS Captures black screen for webcam: This problem also occurs in safe boot mode. There are no updates for any camera drivers and no available windows updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/obs-captures-black-screen-for-webcam/f481bcde-a3ed-4997-b8a1-0ac3f009fdd0