Windows 10: My webcam only works on microsoft teams

Discus and support My webcam only works on microsoft teams in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to make my built-in webcam work in several apps in the past days even windows camera after reinstalling windows earlier but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PedroMachado7, Sep 17, 2020.

1. My webcam only works on microsoft teams

Hi,

I've been trying to make my built-in webcam work in several apps in the past days even windows camera after reinstalling windows earlier but I was unsuccessful. I did all that was reported in previous threads such as reinstalling drivers, changing options in privacy>camera, even updating bios. But today when starting a video call using microsoft teams desktop app it doesn't work on teams browser version my webcam was suddenly recognized and started working... but only in microsoft teams desktop app. I've already uninstalled it, but it still doesn't work anywhere but teams app. I installed it again to see if it was reproducible, and it is, it's still working on teams only. Even using an external webcam I used my cellphone with USB and an IP Webcam app on both desktop and mobile, but even tho I could see my image on the IP Webcam app, it didn't show up as an available webcam on any app it's always saying that "there's no webcam available".

Is there a way to fix that and have my webcam working on all apps?

Thanks in advance.

:)

PedroMachado7, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Ertrugrul Win User

My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams

Hi Antonio,

I have gone into settings as you said.

Microsoft Teams is listed under 'Some desktop apps might not appear in the following list or are not affected by this setting' which comes under the 'Allow desktop apps to access your camera'.

The Webcam works with the following apps: -

Windows Camera app

Skype (from Microsoft)

Zoom

I have checked that my Kaspersky software and it is allowing access by Teams to the Webcam. I uninstalled the Webcam driver and then reinstalled it.

As the Webcam works with all other apps then I believe it must be the interaction with Teams and my Webcam.

Please advise next steps please.

Ertrugrul, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Ertrugrul Win User
    My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams

My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams.

When I start a Microsoft Teams meeting the Webcam light switches on but the window showing the picture remains blank

I have uninstalled the Webcam driver and re-installed it.

My Microsoft Webcam Apps works fine.

Skype works fine with the Webcam.

Zoom works fine with the Webcam.

So by a process of elimination the problem lies with Microsoft Teams and the Webcam driver.

My machine details are as follows: -

ACER - Aspire 6 15.6" Intel® Core™ i7 Laptop - 1 TB HDD

System Manufacturer Acer

System Model Aspire A615-51

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. V1.19, 24/04/2018

SMBIOS Version 3.0

Embedded Controller Version 1.13

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer KBL

BaseBoard Product Charmander_KL

BaseBoard Version V1.19

Ertrugrul, Sep 17, 2020
  4. My webcam only works on microsoft teams

Webcam in Microsoft team

I am using Microsoft teams, during the video call, I can able to see all participants video but I could not able to display my webcam. I have checked the settings webcam is on & webcam works fine with other software's.

Senthil Sekar, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

My webcam only works on microsoft teams

1. My webcam only works on microsoft teams - Similar Threads - webcam works microsoft

2. My Webcam only works in OBS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Webcam only works in OBS.: I just got a Lifecam 3000 hd and it works fine with OBS, the resolution is very small though. not hd at allWhen using discord or websites where i can select the camera it just shows up as black.It works when i use it via OBS in Discord but its annoying to always activate the...
  3. My Webcam only works in OBS.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Webcam only works in OBS.: I just got a Lifecam 3000 hd and it works fine with OBS, the resolution is very small though.When using discord or websites where i can select the camera it just shows up as black.It works when i use it via OBS in Discord but its annoying to always activate the camera in a...
  4. webcam and Teams not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    webcam and Teams not working: the webcam does not work on my asus laptop, uninstalled and did the scan for harware changes and now it shows USB video devise, but still does no work, and I don't have a USB camera, it's built in, windows 8, any way to fix it? also teams will not download, can use web...
  5. webcam and Teams not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam and Teams not working: the webcam does not work on my asus laptop, uninstalled and did the scan for harware changes and now it shows USB video devise, but still does no work, and I don't have a USB camera, it's built in, windows 8, any way to fix it? also teams will not download, can use web...
  6. Realtek Audio only works with Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio only works with Microsoft Teams: Hi All,I have an Acer Predator Triton 500 gaming laptop. The speakers only work when I am using Microsoft Teams. Otherwise, there is no sound. No sounds for Youtube, gaming, etc. Speakers are RealtekR Audio, output device is set to this.I updated the drivers recently after...
  7. Realtek Audio only works with Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio only works with Microsoft Teams: Hi All,I have an Acer Predator Triton 500 gaming laptop. The speakers only work when I am using Microsoft Teams. Otherwise, there is no sound. No sounds for Youtube, gaming, etc. Speakers are RealtekR Audio, output device is set to this.I updated the drivers recently after...
  8. Mic only works on Microsoft Teams

Mic only works on Microsoft Teams: Hi!My Windows 10 was automatically updated and since then my mic won't work on Google Meet, or for recording videos using the camera on my laptop. The only app where my mic works is Microsoft Teams.Can anyone help me fix this, please?...
  9. microsoft teams webcam not working

microsoft teams webcam not working: Yesterday the 23rd of June I was having a school meeting as I was going to on the camera when suddenly it said "No available camera found" this problem was in the camera also.I cannot on the camera as it is stuck zoom and other meetings have access to the camera I need the...
  10. My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams

My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams: My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams. When I start a Microsoft Teams meeting the Webcam light switches on but the window showing the picture remains blank I have uninstalled the Webcam driver and re-installed it. My Microsoft Webcam Apps works fine. Skype...