Windows 10: My webcam works but the microphone that is part of the camera does not

Discus and support My webcam works but the microphone that is part of the camera does not in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I purchased a Hrayzan 1080P HD Webcam from Amazon. It says it's plug & play. I plugged the USB cable into my Dell desktop and the camera worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KindraMendall, Sep 16, 2020.

1. My webcam works but the microphone that is part of the camera does not

Hi!

I purchased a Hrayzan 1080P HD Webcam from Amazon. It says it's plug & play. I plugged the USB cable into my Dell desktop and the camera worked fine in my zoom meetings. But I have never been able to get the microphone to work.

I have gone through EVERY step in the "Fix Microphone Problems" article on this site, including making sure my privacy settings are accurate they are and that the device is selected for Input it is. But when I try to test the microphone, no sound registers.

I purchased the webcam/mic so I could use my desktop with Zoom but I can't get it to work. Please help!

:)

KindraMendall, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Sep 16, 2020
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

My webcam works but the microphone that is part of the camera does not

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

My webcam works but the microphone that is part of the camera does not

1. My webcam works but the microphone that is part of the camera does not - Similar Threads - webcam works microphone

2. Webcam and Microphone not working !!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam and Microphone not working !!: Hi there,A month ago my laptop showed some errors, like when I was opening Camera app, it was showing that pls plug in camera, despite the fact that I have in-built camera in the laptop, then when I try to record audio, no audio is being recorded, even when microphone also...
  3. My webcam microphone isn't working

My webcam microphone isn't working: I recently bought an external USB webcam. The camera on the webcam works, however, the Mic doesn't work. The mic shows that it's connected, however, it doesn't detect any audio. I tried updating the drivers, I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them aswell. Nothing...
  4. Webcam front camera is not working.

Webcam front camera is not working.: Hello everyone I have the windows 10 for Nextbook 10.1 and I cannot access webcam front camera for videocall online. I can't switch the camera to front view. How can I fix this???...
  5. Webcam microphone does not work.

Webcam microphone does not work.: I just bought USB webcam with built-in microphone.Camera works but mic does not.I tried different things updated drivers,changed settings etc but no luck.I have Windows 10 desktop....
  6. My microphone and camera are not working

My microphone and camera are not working: Laptop: B50-70 Laptop Lenovo - Type 80EU Serial number: CB33792348 Windows 10 Home Version 1903 Hello, my camera and microphone have not been working for a several months now, but I did not wanna deal with this problem because I have needed them. First of all, my...
  7. On device manager, can I disable my webcam's video part, but keep the microphone working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    On device manager, can I disable my webcam's video part, but keep the microphone working?: Title says everything. I can see that my webcam comes out under both "Sound, video and game controllers" and on "Imaging devices". Is it possible to disable the video part, and maintain the microphone active? Thanks. submitted by /u/steferrari [link] [comments]...
  8. webcam/camera not working

webcam/camera not working: I have tried all of the instructions to get the camera/webcam to work on windows 10. I reset the camera, went to device manager & followed the instructions. In my device manger there is no imaging services, the audio & video seem to be under the same tab & no properties...
  9. Webcam camera not working

Webcam camera not working: Hi all, I'd like to benefit from your expertise as I feel I've exhausted close to all options in trying to fix the camera of my laptop. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB laptop which uses the Lenovo EasyCamera webcam. I have checked the privacy settings, all is okay...
  10. Webcam and microphone not working properly

Webcam and microphone not working properly: Hello, I recently got an Asus ZenBook Flip 13 UX362FA. It's the version with the "Worldview Camera", which works fine. But the webcam (which is also used for Windows Hello) doesn't work, giving either the 0xA00F4271 <MediaCaptureFailed> (0xC00D3E85) error or one saying the...