Windows 10: My whole outlook account has changed from English to Spanish after a finger error. Tried...

Discus and support My whole outlook account has changed from English to Spanish after a finger error. Tried... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I was in the middle of writing an email in outlook and suddenly after an unknown finger error, everything went to spanish. Including the headings,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Sandy MackenzieEvents, Sep 11, 2021.

1. My whole outlook account has changed from English to Spanish after a finger error. Tried...

I was in the middle of writing an email in outlook and suddenly after an unknown finger error, everything went to spanish. Including the headings, settings, all my email mesages...i mean everything. I have tried to change the settings in the language /region and my computer language settings, but they are still in English. I ran out of options why my whole outlook account is all and I mean all in Spanish. It even changed what I was writing from English to Spanish. Please, I don't really use spanish as I live in Australia. I need help asap. Thanksp

:)

Sandy MackenzieEvents, Sep 11, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 English updates to Spanish?

Hi Camelia.

You would lose all personal files, installed software and Windows settings.

A bit background: Windows locales (language and region) uses xx-YY syntax to tell the language and region (xx is language, YY the regional version of that language). Alternatively, hexadecimal xxxx:YYYYYYYY values can be used.

A screenshot from Default Input Profiles (Input Locales) in Windows showing these values for UK (GB) and US English. Yellow values show the base language, green values its regional version:

My whole outlook account has changed from English to Spanish after a finger error. Tried... [​IMG]

Keeping personal data, software and settings when upgrading Windows is only possible if the base language remains the same. Let's say for instance that you had your Windows installed in Mexican Spanish (es-MX or 080a:0000080a), but for some reason would upgrade using Spanish Spanish (es-ES or 0c0a:0000040a). In this case, you could keep personal data, software and settings.

As your Windows is in English, you can keep everything only when upgrading with any regional version of English. For instance, when used in upgrade, all these regional versions of English, among many others, would allow you to keep everything:
    • English - Canada (en-CA or 1009:00000409)
    • English - Caribbean (en-029 or (2409:00000409)
    • English - India (en-IN or 4009:00004009)
    • English - Ireland (en-IE or 1809:00001809)

When the base language remains the same, you get warned that display language will be changed:

My whole outlook account has changed from English to Spanish after a finger error. Tried... [​IMG]

(Click screenshots to enlarge them.)

In above screenshot, I have launched upgrade in my British English Windows 10, install media being US English. Same base language. Clicking OK followed by Refresh will then tell you that everything will be kept.

Short: in your case, because the base language would change from English to Spanish, you would lose absolutely everything. All not backed up personal files, all personalizations and settings, all installed software and applications.

A better option to change your system language, my recommendation, is to upgrade current English Windows 10 using English upgrade media, alternatively install a feature upgrade in Windows Update. When done, add Mexican Spanish language to your US English Windows (tutorial).

When the Mexican Spanish language pack has been installed, run Windows System Preparation Tool (sysprep.exe). It is located in C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep folder. Accept all defaults, click OK;

Sysprep will run, and restarts to Windows Welcome (OOBE):

You can now change the system language by selecting Spanish:

The system language will be changed, your user account, personal data, software and applications, settings and customizations will remain intact. When OOBE asks you to create initial user account, select Offline account:

Full OOBE will be run. As your original user account already exists, you cannot use it when creating the initial admin user. You must create a new, temporary dummy user:

All done, everything intact, system language changed to Mexican Spanish:

Sign out from the dummy user account, sign in to your original user account, and delete the dummy user (tutorial).

That's it.

3. alvez Win User
    outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    thanks!

alvez, Sep 11, 2021
  4. My whole outlook account has changed from English to Spanish after a finger error. Tried...

Change system language from Spanish to English

Added English to system, but most of system information still displayed as Spanish. what will be next step

Henry 2017, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

My whole outlook account has changed from English to Spanish after a finger error. Tried...

1. My whole outlook account has changed from English to Spanish after a finger error. Tried... - Similar Threads - whole outlook account

2. Translator English-Spanish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Translator English-Spanish: I downloaded a free app from the Microsoft store called Translator English-Spanish. I have used it for a few years with no issues. Now all of a sudden when I try to use it, I get the message: An unexpected error has occurred. The app will open, I can type in my text but...
  3. Why is my Outlook in Spanish?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my Outlook in Spanish?: Hey, I just reinstalled Windows and the language is English (United States). Why's my Outlook in Spanish though? How do I change it? I need step by step instructions since I don't speak Spanish and I never chose Spanish or anything. submitted by /u/NakedMoleHamster...
  4. spanish to english

in Windows 10 Customization
    spanish to english: just bopught a pc and its all in Spanish windows 10 how to change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spanish-to-english/d0f15356-260a-4758-8427-6b13f9d869e5
  5. why has mail subject changed to spanish from english?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why has mail subject changed to spanish from english?: how can't I get my aol mail subject from Spanish to English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-has-mail-subject-changed-to-spanish-from/86a61659-7563-4395-b5b9-67836422a239
  6. Migrating from Office and Windows in Spanish to English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating from Office and Windows in Spanish to English: I just purchased a new laptop and need to migrate my documents and programs from my old computer to the new one. Is there a problem migrating documents from Windows 10 and Office 365 in Spanish to the same programs in English? Thank you, Konrad...
  7. change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows: I would like to change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows, including the language that is displayed in File Explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated!` "Editar opciones de idioma y teclado" leads to the window below. It shows English, as I...
  8. Switching Between English and Spanish

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching Between English and Spanish: What is your best option in Windows 10 if you would like to be able to switch easily between English and Spanish? First of all, I am not a computer expert, but I can follow instructions. I have installed a Spanish language pack and have learned to switch back and forth...
  9. Change FaceBook back to English from Spanish.

in Browsers and Email
    Change FaceBook back to English from Spanish.: Somehow my wife switched her FaceBook page to Spanish, and I want to get it back to English. I Googled it but the instructions tell me how to do it based on the English menu's, which aren't there now. Or what is posted doesn't jive with what I see on screen. Outdated or...
  10. Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English?

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English?: Hey all i got a question. I'm from the US but outside the Us at the moment in Mexico. My laptop is a dell and its a english laptop bought back in the US. I want to get another laptop but here in Mexico, most laptops are well of course in Spanish. I also believe they have a...