Windows 10: My Wi-Fi is on in settings but off everywhere else. I don't know what to do about this.

Discus and support My Wi-Fi is on in settings but off everywhere else. I don't know what to do about this. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Go into settings turn on the Wi-Fi click on show available networks and what pops up says Wi-Fi is off. As for a adaptor options, the one we use,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ravioli__king, Nov 23, 2020.

1. My Wi-Fi is on in settings but off everywhere else. I don't know what to do about this.

Go into settings turn on the Wi-Fi click on show available networks and what pops up says Wi-Fi is off. As for a adaptor options, the one we use, wireless wifi, it has an x on it saying it's not connected. I have tried restarting the computer that didn't work. At the bottom there's this globe with a no circle at the base of it where the Wi-Fi connection normally is. The Wi-Fi is on turn on manually. I don't know what to do at this point.

submitted by /u/ravioli__king
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ravioli__king, Nov 23, 2020
  2. LadyDay53 Win User

No Wi-Fi Settings

I recently purchase a computer with Window 10. It was a refurbished unit. However, there is not listing for Wi-Fi in Windows period. It is not listed in network settings.

How do I connect to Wi-Fi with this system?

Estelle

LadyDay53, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Nov 23, 2020
  4. My Wi-Fi is on in settings but off everywhere else. I don't know what to do about this.

Marivel Man, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

My Wi-Fi is on in settings but off everywhere else. I don't know what to do about this.

1. My Wi-Fi is on in settings but off everywhere else. I don't know what to do about this. - Similar Threads - settings off everywhere

2. I have multiple documents folders and don't know what to do about it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have multiple documents folders and don't know what to do about it.: So I have 3 documents folders and I don't know how to fix it. I tried changing the target location to default for all of the 3 but everytime I did I just got message that I can't move these folders because they contain unmoovable folder and at the end it just says ''Access...
  3. about Wi-Fi bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    about Wi-Fi bandwidth: How can someone know if his laptop supports 5khz bandwidth or not ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-wi-fi-bandwidth/9934d098-ce6c-4053-b34f-f0e7a337c6ea
  4. I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't know what to do: I messed around with the registry once I upgraded from win 7 pro to win 10 pro following the instructions of some youtube video WITHOUT BACKING UP. Basically it was just setting some values to 0 so that microsoft doesn't track my activity and overall make my computer faster....
  5. Black screen a thousand times and I don't know what else to do

Black screen a thousand times and I don't know what else to do: Hi, I recently bought a brand new Ryzen 7 3700x, 5600xt, Asrock x570 steel legend, 16gb ram, 1tb nvme. I assembled the pc correctly on Friday, I installed Windows, the system started, everything fine, I updated the drivers from Windows update and then downloaded the AMD app...
  6. I have a problem about my Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a problem about my Wi-Fi: My internet speed is around 40-50. But when I download something it does not download for 5-10 seconds and after that it starts to download it so slowly. What could it be?...
  7. I don't know where else to talk about this problem so I'll do it here

I don't know where else to talk about this problem so I'll do it here: Everytime I download something heavy in the Microsoft for some reason teredo disconnects Everytime if anyone has a solution please let me know If you need to know I have a Lenovo LegionY720 submitted by /u/Saidstory188 [link] [comments]...
  8. I don't know what else to do now... (Unable to use GUI in wsl)

I don't know what else to do now... (Unable to use GUI in wsl): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etayrg/i_dont_know_what_else_to_do_now_unable_to_use_gui/
  9. Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP9auO41B2g&feature=youtu.be Hey here's a video that shows what's going on. I tried updating what could be updated, I tried replugging both my mouse and keyboard, even tried switching to a different mouse, but the problem still comes back. I...
  10. Power settings that I don't know what they do.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power settings that I don't know what they do.: Hello ! I have a laptop and I never actually configured it, so I figured it's about time I did that. This is the laptop I'm talking about: Lenovo Thinkpad T420s i7-2620m Nvidia NVS 4200m While creating a 'power plan', there are some settings that I don't know what...