Windows 10: my wi fi won't stay on

Discus and support my wi fi won't stay on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; *Sad my wi fi keeps turning off and I have to keep going in to turn it back on 59876 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vrbarker, Aug 10, 2016.

1. vrbarker Win User

my wi fi won't stay on

*Sad my wi fi keeps turning off and I have to keep going in to turn it back on

:)

vrbarker, Aug 10, 2016

2. Home group & wifi

I cannot bring up my home group from router & my wi-fi won't stay on keeps saying off

LINDAHUNT-879, Aug 10, 2016
  3. #1 how can wi-fi not to be forced stop when screen times out ? I have a Samsung ATIV S by the way?

This remains a huge issue with phone 7.X. Wifi won't stay on forever. On my 510, this is what I do when I am using Wi-Fi.

I set my data connection and keep my Wi-Fi on too. So, this way, notifications will be checked via the data connection and when I wake up the phone, all the data based operations takes place over Wi-Fi.

Always on is available on windows phone 8 though.

Jay_answers, Aug 10, 2016
  4. my wi fi won't stay on

computer model make.. or Motherboard model make
    ??

manish9009, Aug 11, 2016
  5. vrbarker Win User
    it's a brand new hp a gift from my son and I don't know how to locate that info. sorry*Eek

vrbarker, Aug 11, 2016
  6. zekeblue Win User
    Make sure your adapter settings don't allow shutting off for power savings. Device Manager -> Network Adaptors. Pick your adapter, right click, properties, power management tab.

zekeblue, Aug 11, 2016
  7. manish9009, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

my wi fi won't stay on

1. my wi fi won't stay on - Similar Threads - won't stay

2. Touch keyboard won't stay on number entry in Excel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch keyboard won't stay on number entry in Excel: I am having an issue specificly with the Mircosoft Surface's touch screen keyboard (the tablet touch keyboard, not the accessibility on-screen keyboard). The keyboard switches back to the alphabet keyboard screen (which has no numbers) after using the numeric touch keyboard...
  3. Taskbar won't stay on second monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar won't stay on second monitor?: I used to have my taskbar on my second monitor, but after a fresh install of win10Pro, it keeps moving back to primary monitor after each reboot or if the screen goes to sleep. Having the taskbar locked or unlocked makes no difference. Please help! submitted by /u/Zugas...
  4. Qualcomm Aethros Network Adapter - Won't Stay Enabled - No Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Qualcomm Aethros Network Adapter - Won't Stay Enabled - No Internet: My network adapter captioned above is disabled. This morning there was no internet. When checking my router, connections and other internet related apps, etc. I noticed that the Wi-Fi adapter was disabled. When I tried to enable it, it would turn on and off several times and...
  5. Windows Security/Defender won't stay open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security/Defender won't stay open: Often, when I'm away from my computer, my Windows Security/Windows Defender antivirus software closes itself, even though I prefer for it to be open all the time. I've checked the settings in the program, but can't find anything related. Advice? Thanks in advance....
  6. Touch keyboard (on screen) won't stay on numbers screen (&123 button)

Touch keyboard (on screen) won't stay on numbers screen (&123 button): Hi is anyone able to tell me a way to keep the number pad on the on-screen keyboard up. After a recent update last week my on-screen keypad reverts back to the letters screen each time I enter in a set of numbers. My job involves a lot of numerical data entry using a...
  7. Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems: When I open task manager it opens and closes immediately. Similarly when I open Microsoft solitaire I can click on a challenge the ad opens and then before it is done it closes and the solitaire game does not come up. I'm having problems with edge not working with Facebook...
  8. Version 1903: Network Location won't stay private (change public to private, use upper left...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Version 1903: Network Location won't stay private (change public to private, use upper left...: Hello, When I was 1803, I couldn't find the place in Windows 10 to change the network location for a WIFI access point to change from public to private. ALSO when I tried to change from public to private using PowerShell, it failed to change. I upgraded to 1903! The...
  9. Print spooler won't stay automatic start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print spooler won't stay automatic start: After the last Windows update my print spooler is not working, therefore unable to print adobe documents. Tried reinstalling the HP Office Jet 4652 but only worked for 1 day as the default printer and now states install a printer. I am a novice so the regedit is scary. Is...
  10. After Windows 10 update, items won't stay pinned to taskbar and Outlook must be reinstalled...

After Windows 10 update, items won't stay pinned to taskbar and Outlook must be reinstalled...: Windows 10 updated June 24. Since then icons do not stay pinned to taskbar. I unpin the unwanted icons and pin the wanted ones. As soon as the machine hibernates or reboots, the default icons are restored and my choices are gone. Also each time I open Outlook I have to...