Windows 10: My widnows 10 laptop is using 3.88 ram when I installed 4.00 ram

Discus and support My widnows 10 laptop is using 3.88 ram when I installed 4.00 ram in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had installed 4.00 ram and recently I found out taht only 3.88 ram was benign used I would like to use full ram can someone help me please.Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JASNOOR AND JASMANSingh, Feb 23, 2021.

1. My widnows 10 laptop is using 3.88 ram when I installed 4.00 ram

I had installed 4.00 ram and recently I found out taht only 3.88 ram was benign used I would like to use full ram can someone help me please.Thanks!

:)

JASNOOR AND JASMANSingh, Feb 23, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

RAM Slots 3 and 4 Problems

It's on page 1-7.

My widnows 10 laptop is using 3.88 ram when I installed 4.00 ram [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Feb 23, 2021
  3. AlanWade Win User
    RAM Slots 3 and 4 Problems

Thanks for the reply, Yes they are on the Vendors list. There is nothing in my manual that mentions how to populate RAM. I cannot boot to the BIOS with RAM in slots 3 or 4 so I cannot check if its recognised or not.

AlanWade, Feb 23, 2021
  4. My widnows 10 laptop is using 3.88 ram when I installed 4.00 ram

Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

My widnows 10 laptop is using 3.88 ram when I installed 4.00 ram

1. My widnows 10 laptop is using 3.88 ram when I installed 4.00 ram - Similar Threads - widnows laptop using

2. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  3. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  4. My laptop uses nearly Gigabytes of ram when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop uses nearly Gigabytes of ram when idle: Greetings, I wanted to use my laptop to do a bit more than just browsing the web and i noticed that it was not as performant as i expected. After verification on the performance bar of the Task Manager I noticed that almost 5 Gigs of Ram were constantly being used even with...
  5. 8gb ram can only be used for 4?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    8gb ram can only be used for 4?: Hello, I have 8 GB ram in my PC, but I can only use 4 or 3.99 GB. I tried a lot of things like msconfig which set the maximum memory to 8000 but it did not help Hab 4x2GB from Samsung 8gb ram kann aber nur 4nutzen?
  6. Microsoft Edge uses less ram (perfect for my Surface Pro 4 4GB ram)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge uses less ram (perfect for my Surface Pro 4 4GB ram): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AlessioRM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1p6zg/microsoft_edge_uses_less_ram_perfect_for_my/
  7. New laptop using 4 of 8gb ram on idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New laptop using 4 of 8gb ram on idle: I just bought a new laptop it has total 8gbs of ram but it uses at least 3,5 gb when i open it. And after some using it at least uses 4gb on idle.I tried the first video that you see when you google this problem. There are 2 methods you open regedit and turn a value that's 2...
  8. can i use this ram in my this laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can i use this ram in my this laptop: Can i install this ram Crucial CT8G4SFS824A 8GB DDR4-2400 PC4-19200 CL-17 SODIMM in hp-15 BE012TU laptop as my second ram to get 12 gb of total ram . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-this-ram-in-my-this-laptop/6ef9b7a9-fdbc-4ae6-bd6c-3b928e4228d3
  9. Windows 10 uses only 75% or 3/4 RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 uses only 75% or 3/4 RAM: My PC has 4.00 GB RAM installed and since I am using windows 10, I have noticed in the Performance tab of Task Manager, that the allocated Memory is not more than 3.0 GB out of 4.0 GB. Why windows 10 restricts? It doesn't use 1 GB available for it and I must use this 1 GB....
  10. Windows 10 is not Using installed RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is not Using installed RAM: Guys ! yesterday I faced this problem. I had installed 4GB of RAM and my computer showed 2.64 GB usable [img] And I found found videos and they told that msconfig will solve this problem. But for me msconfig had not worked So I just tried this method I went...