Windows 10: my wife and I share a printer and I signed in on her computer to print from mine but y...

Discus and support my wife and I share a printer and I signed in on her computer to print from mine but y... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; my wife and I share a printer.i went to her laptop and signed in with my info.Her Taskbar comes on instead of mine but I need to find my downloads to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MuralCrib811437, Apr 30, 2023.

1. my wife and I share a printer and I signed in on her computer to print from mine but y...

my wife and I share a printer.i went to her laptop and signed in with my info.Her Taskbar comes on instead of mine but I need to find my downloads to get my download in order to print it

:)

MuralCrib811437, Apr 30, 2023
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Apr 30, 2023
  3. davidc3 Win User
    Print sharing

I have a problem with one of my clients regarding print sharing. The problem is with an HP deskjet 2130 after installing the software and drivers my client wanted to share the printer with his wife's computer. I set up the sharing on his computer in properties it accepted the share but when I went to the wife's computer to add the printer it could not find it. I went back to the main computer and clicked on properties and Sharing both the tick in share this printer and render print jobs on client's computer were grayed out. I have spent hours on google but could not find a fix for it can anybody help.
    Regards David

davidc3, Apr 30, 2023
  4. my wife and I share a printer and I signed in on her computer to print from mine but y...

Windows 10 and inability to share USB-attached printer

Hi LuvMyPC,

When sharing a USB- connected printer to the network, the printer and the computer where the printer is connected should be on when you're trying to print as the printer will not be available when the computer sleeps or when it is shut down. If you have
    enabled a password protected sharing, then only the users on your network who has the username and password of the computer where the printer is connected will be able to print.

Since you already have shared the printer, then make sure the printer and the computer are both on before you try to connect to it from the other computer. To connect to the printer, follow these steps:

1. Open Settings > Devices > Printer & scanner.
    2. Click the + sign to add a printer.
    3. Once your shared printer shows up, click it to proceed with the installation.
    4. In case your printer is not on the list, then click the link The printer that I want isn't listed to show other options in adding the printer.
    5. Click the option Select a shared printer by name, then browse for the name of the computer where the printer is connected.
    6. Follow the on-screen instructions.

I will be waiting for your feedback.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 30, 2023
Thema:

my wife and I share a printer and I signed in on her computer to print from mine but y...

1. my wife and I share a printer and I signed in on her computer to print from mine but y... - Similar Threads - wife share printer

2. how can i get my printer to print from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i get my printer to print from my computer?: I cannot get my printer canon 8520 series to print from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-printer-to-print-from-my-computer/ab569d27-2066-42ef-bfba-a3212f92ccb2
  3. my wife and I share a printer and I signed in on her computer to print from mine but y...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my wife and I share a printer and I signed in on her computer to print from mine but y...: my wife and I share a printer.i went to her laptop and signed in with my info.Her Taskbar comes on instead of mine but I need to find my downloads to get my download in order to print it...
  4. my wife and I share a printer and I signed in on her computer to print from mine but y...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my wife and I share a printer and I signed in on her computer to print from mine but y...: my wife and I share a printer.i went to her laptop and signed in with my info.Her Taskbar comes on instead of mine but I need to find my downloads to get my download in order to print it...
  5. I Can't See Wife's Computer; Hers Can See MIne

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Can't See Wife's Computer; Hers Can See MIne: My and my wife's machines are on version 1909 OS Build 18363.1016. Real simple problem: on our home network, my wife's machine can browse into my machine and see and change files. My machine can't even see hers. I went to this page: Share Files and Folders Over a Network...
  6. I Can't See Wife's Computer; Hers Can See MIne

I Can't See Wife's Computer; Hers Can See MIne: My and my wife's machines are on version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). Real simple problem: on our home network, my wife's machine can browse into my machine and see and change files. My machine can't even see hers. I went to this page: Share Files and Folders Over a Network...
  7. planning to rebuild my wife's computer. can i transfer her windows 10 to the new...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    planning to rebuild my wife's computer. can i transfer her windows 10 to the new...: Old machine was updated to Windows 10, but the board and cpu are old, so wanting to change them out. will be keeping the drive. Can I do this? As I recall, the update was from Windows 7 when she got 10 downloaded....
  8. my printer is not printing from the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my printer is not printing from the computer: Hi my printer can print copies but will not print directly from my computer? Tried all of the suggestions you had listed but it still is not printing unless I want a copy? HELP! Theresa Gelchie...
  9. I share my laptop with my wife can she have her own 365 account shared by me?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I share my laptop with my wife can she have her own 365 account shared by me?: I share my laptop with my wife. How to I add the office 365 program to her. She has her own account on our laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-share-my-laptop-with-my-wife-can-she-have-her/1d03ed96-5f65-4f6a-951a-ae3b5606db28
  10. Shared printer not printing

Shared printer not printing: Client uses a HP 1515 series printer/scanner connected to a desktop via USB and shared. The printer does not print from the laptop to the share - it initializes a print job and seems successful but NO page coming from printer. After lots a trail and error I discovered that...