Windows 10: My wife's Microsoft Account has been hacked

Discus and support My wife's Microsoft Account has been hacked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping someone may be able to offer some advice/guidance. It's not actually a Windows 10 settings issue but it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveDavies8, Apr 4, 2019.

1. My wife's Microsoft Account has been hacked

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping someone may be able to offer some advice/guidance. It's not actually a Windows 10 settings issue but it's the closest match I could see.......

My wife's Microsoft Account was hacked last weekend and with it we've lost (and someone else has gained) access to personal and financial information including all info on her One Drive.

Background - albeit too late to act on them she received a number of e-mails from Microsoft indicating that her password had been reset and that some of her security info had been deleted and new info added. When she eventually saw the e-mails she attempted to log into her account but the 'hacker' has changed the account name and she now get's a message advising the Account does not exist.

Since Sunday we have spoken with various reps from Technical support and completed a number of Account Recovery forms but unsurprisingly these have not been successful. This evening I was on the phone for 90 mins with another Tech Support Rep and although she was very patient and willing despite me being able to provide her with the e-mail address the hacker is now using on the account she didn't have the tools or knowledge to take the issue forward. She spoke with her supervisor and also Account & Billing but the only suggestion she was able to suggest was for us to complete another form in relation to scams which we've done but we are not expecting much success.

Is there a Dept (Security?) who we can speak with and who, based on the info we can provide, interrogate their systems in order to check what we are saying is true and then immediately block the hacker from accessing the account etc. etc.

Additionally, and until we get the original issue resolved, how do we change the Microsoft Account associated with our PC and showing in Settings Info? We can't alter it in Manage My Account (as ours no longer exists) and it gives us the option to "Verify your identity" but that's not our e-mail address (it's the hackers!)

Any help you can offer would be very much appreciated as we are very very worried and frustrated

:)

SteveDavies8, Apr 4, 2019

2. Microsoft Account was hacked

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry to hear that someone hacked into your Microsoft account.

I understand how frustrating this could be. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to click on the link below for steps to recover your account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-back-blocked-account

Sometimes, you may not receive any notifications if the two steps verification settings is turned off.

Please follow the instructions in the link below and make sure that the setting is turned on.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng1709, Apr 4, 2019
  3. tmm1225 Win User
    Microsoft Account was hacked

Original Title: Accessed my account

How cans someone hack into my Microsoft account when I have the two step verification .. that can only be approved from my cell phone?

tmm1225, Apr 4, 2019
  4. tmm1225 Win User

My wife's Microsoft Account has been hacked

Microsoft Account was hacked

Thank you but they did not change my password and I think I know who hacked into my account. My two step verification was not turned off. I even had to use the two step process a week or so before he hacked my account. He has top secret security clearance
    and it seems is allowed to do anything. I just need to tell someone about this I guess.

tmm1225, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

My wife's Microsoft Account has been hacked

1. My wife's Microsoft Account has been hacked - Similar Threads - wife's Microsoft Account

2. My Microsoft account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Microsoft account has been hacked: I'm always logged in. One day not logged in. Did 2 step verification. The code didn't come through my phone yet within a minute I was logged back in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-account-has-been-hacked/0ae976bc-4597-4dc3-9fb7-2fe3f7dd2b05
  3. Has my Microsoft account been hacked or not ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has my Microsoft account been hacked or not ?: I received 2 messages and read them a few days late. "Unusual behavior when signing in to a Microsoft account" and "Microsoft account security alert" - and I absolutely didn't recognize provided device, for 100% it wasn't me.When I changed my password and checked my recent...
  4. Has my Microsoft account been hacked or not ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Has my Microsoft account been hacked or not ?: I received 2 messages and read them a few days late. "Unusual behavior when signing in to a Microsoft account" and "Microsoft account security alert" - and I absolutely didn't recognize provided device, for 100% it wasn't me.When I changed my password and checked my recent...
  5. My microsoft account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account has been hacked: Hello my account has been hacked yesterday what can i do i know old passwords and email and i also now the hackers email can anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-account-has-been-hacked/99ee162e-1f2b-463d-b020-f28e313a3b9e
  6. My Microsoft account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account has been hacked: My Microsoft account has been hackedFeb 6th i got a email saying "Microsoft account security info was added" and added a random unknown email to my Microsoft.Followed up by that email i got another one saying "Microsoft account security info was deleted" and it deleted my...
  7. My Microsoft account has been hacked

My Microsoft account has been hacked: My Microsoft account has been hackedFeb 6th i got a email saying "Microsoft account security info was added" and added a random unknown email to my Microsoft.Followed up by that email i got another one saying "Microsoft account security info was deleted" and it deleted my...
  8. My Microsoft account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account has been hacked: So about 2 days ago i got a notification that my microsoft account email has been changed to i have to type it his way cuz ms will blur it, no spaces r o s t i s l a v _ b i r y u k o v 0 7 0 7 @ r a m b l e r . r u And i've tryed 4 or maybe 5 times to reset it but cleary...
  9. My Microsoft account has been hacked

My Microsoft account has been hacked: So about 2 days ago i got a notification that my microsoft account email has been changed to i have to type it his way cuz ms will blur it, no spaces r o s t i s l a v _ b i r y u k o v 0 7 0 7 @ r a m b l e r . r u And i've tryed 4 or maybe 5 times to reset it but cleary...
  10. My Microsoft account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account has been hacked: Seems this is a common thread. So my account got hacked. I noticed it immediately when I got a txt that my phone number had been changed. So I log in, and see that a russian email had been added but I was able to get to Recovery Process after many tries and somehow got to a...