Windows 10: My wifi adapter disappears when playing online games

Discus and support My wifi adapter disappears when playing online games in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I have a problem with my laptop Asus Tuf Gaming A15. When I play online games, my wifi adapter always disappears. When I check in the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WYMP, Feb 24, 2021.

1. WYMP Win User

My wifi adapter disappears when playing online games

Hello all,
    I have a problem with my laptop Asus Tuf Gaming A15. When I play online games, my wifi adapter always disappears. When I check in the device manager, the wifi adapter is always hidden and I have to uninstall and reinstall it so I can use my wifi again. I don't know what my problem is. I'm using the latest driver and my windows has been updated. I hope someone can help me. Thank you very much.

:)

2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. kentosan Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Thanks for replying.

@Spirit MS MVP - This is the reason wifi is disabled when the computer goes into sleep mode. When I untick the "Allow computer to turn off the device to save power" and place the computer into sleep mode, the wifi adapter disappears. If i recheck it, and
    put the computer to sleep, the wifi adapter does not get uninstalled.

@Andre - First solution does not work because the adapter does not exist and is not listed in the Device Manager.

Second solution doesnt work because the adapter is not listed in Troubleshooting. I tried troubleshooting all adapters and nothing was returned.

Third solution again does not work because the adapter is not there to uninstall.

The wireless driver/adapter disappears after restarting from sleep mode when the adapter's ""Allow computer to turn off device to save power" setting is unchecked.

kentosan, Feb 24, 2021
  4. My wifi adapter disappears when playing online games

Wifi adapter completely disappeared, not listed in Device Manager

I'm asking this question not for myself but for anyone who might run into the same problem as me in the future, to save them a lot of time and possibly panic.

I had a BSOD (an undiagnosed graphics issue that is triggered by Skype conference calls). When I rebooted, my wifi adapter had completely disappeared (a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A; the computer is a Lenovo Yoga 710-14IKB). The network troubleshooter couldn't bring it back and it had completely disappeared from Device Manager. I plugged in an ethernet adapter and tried downloading and twice reinstalling the driver and then rebooting, but that didn't work. I ran "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" and then "sfc /scannow" in an adminstrator PowerShell, but still no joy. I then booted into MX Linux from a USB stick, but that couldn't see the wireless adapter either. By this point I was convinced that the BSOD had killed the wireless adapter hardware, but I tried one more thing. I rebooted into the UEFI settings and looked to see whether the adapter was listed as enabled there. Apparently it was, so I changed nothing and then selected "save and exit". When Windows started up again, the adapter was working. I then tried rebooting into MX Linux and the adapter was working there too.

Which of the steps I took is most likely to have resolved the problem? Was it when I opened the UEFI settings and saved them without changing them?

ricecrispies, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

My wifi adapter disappears when playing online games

1. My wifi adapter disappears when playing online games - Similar Threads - wifi adapter disappears

2. Wifi fails when playing online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi fails when playing online games: Hello, i've been having issues lately with either my wifi or the desktop as when operating it normally, the wifi works out fine but when playing an online game, usually it will cause it to lag for a few minutes before disconnecting entirely usually something like " network X...
  3. Wifi fails when playing online games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi fails when playing online games: Hello, i've been having issues lately with either my wifi or the desktop as when operating it normally, the wifi works out fine but when playing an online game, usually it will cause it to lag for a few minutes before disconnecting entirely usually something like " network X...
  4. wifi board disconnects when i play online games

wifi board disconnects when i play online games: Hi, a few years ago i broke my computers screen so i had to go get it fixed, but when it came back i didnt have access to wifi neither my home wifi or wifi close by it just showed there wasnt anyting on the wifi thing but my brother fixed it by updating the graphic board. It...
  5. wifi board disconnects when i play online games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi board disconnects when i play online games: Hi, a few years ago i broke my computers screen so i had to go get it fixed, but when it came back i didnt have access to wifi neither my home wifi or wifi close by it just showed there wasnt anyting on the wifi thing but my brother fixed it by updating the graphic board. It...
  6. Network adapter disappears everytime I play online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter disappears everytime I play online games: This started when I tried to upgrade to Windows 11, I thought it was because of the windows 11 so I downgraded it back to windows 10 but the problem is still there. Whenever I try to play online games, after a few minutes it will disconnect because my network adapter is gone....
  7. Network adapter disappears everytime I play online games

Network adapter disappears everytime I play online games: This started when I tried to upgrade to Windows 11, I thought it was because of the windows 11 so I downgraded it back to windows 10 but the problem is still there. Whenever I try to play online games, after a few minutes it will disconnect because my network adapter is gone....
  8. Network adapter disappears everytime I play online games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Wifi adapter keeps disabling when playing games requiring online connectivity after windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter keeps disabling when playing games requiring online connectivity after windows...: Hello fellow microsoft denizens!About a month ago, soon after updating my laptop to windows 11, my wifi connectivity and intel network adapter AX201 Wifi 6 began to have problems whenever I attempted to play games online through various platforms, with the wifi option in the...
  10. Wifi adapter keeps disabling when playing games requiring online connectivity after windows...

Wifi adapter keeps disabling when playing games requiring online connectivity after windows...: Hello fellow microsoft denizens!About a month ago, soon after updating my laptop to windows 11, my wifi connectivity and intel network adapter AX201 Wifi 6 began to have problems whenever I attempted to play games online through various platforms, with the wifi option in the...