Windows 10: My wifi Adapter is Gone!! And I need help

Discus and support My wifi Adapter is Gone!! And I need help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I recently had a crash on my windows 10 which has caused my wifi adapter to vanish. My wifi adapter is not even on device manager< Network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Luvsonic1000568, May 6, 2020.

1. My wifi Adapter is Gone!! And I need help

So, I recently had a crash on my windows 10 which has caused my wifi adapter to vanish. My wifi adapter is not even on device manager< Network adapters, all except the ethernet option and other drivers but no wifi adapters. I have contacted Microsoft about this and through their advisors they told me to reinstall my network drivers through the manufacturer's website.my laptop is an HP brand and so I did this, using another computer to send the files on my computer to reinstall but when I tried to reinstall the wifi adapter recommended to me I get this message My wifi Adapter is Gone!! And I need help [​IMG]

I do not know what to do and I am very overwhelmed in tears because I still need help to fix this and have my wifi adapter back!! : I have been trying to resolve this for 3 hours now!! I also got school stuff to finish and this never happened to me

:)

Luvsonic1000568, May 6, 2020
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. S_and_S Win User
    Wifi Adapter

Here are several methods:

• Look in the user guide - see if 5 GHz WiFi is mentioned.
    • Find that model on the manufacturer's website - see if the manufacturer advertises 5 GHz capability.
    • Look for independent reviews of your model - the reviewer will certainly mention if the adapter supports 5 GHz

If none of those provide the answer, I can suggest many more ways to find out.

S_and_S, May 6, 2020
  4. Zontir Win User

My wifi Adapter is Gone!! And I need help

Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, May 6, 2020
Thema:

My wifi Adapter is Gone!! And I need help

1. My wifi Adapter is Gone!! And I need help - Similar Threads - wifi Adapter Gone

2. Help, WiFi adapter completely gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, WiFi adapter completely gone: The WiFi option on my laptop disappeared. I used network reset, still gone. Ran some code in terminal, still gone. Reset my laptop, still gone. In device manager under network adapters, my wifi network isn’t there either. When I troubleshooted I quote, it told me “You’re...
  3. Help, WiFi adapter completely gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help, WiFi adapter completely gone: The WiFi option on my laptop disappeared. I used network reset, still gone. Ran some code in terminal, still gone. Reset my laptop, still gone. In device manager under network adapters, my wifi network isn’t there either. When I troubleshooted I quote, it told me “You’re...
  4. Hello, I need help reinstalling my wifi network adapter driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I need help reinstalling my wifi network adapter driver: Hello, I have a Gateway laptop, model GWTN133-1BK, which came with Windows 10. Everything was working perfectly until the day I awoke to find that overnight it had upgraded to 11. Not a problem as I have other computers running 11. But in this case, I found that I could no...
  5. Wifi adapter is gone missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter is gone missing: My laptop was running on windows 10 and an auto update happened, after the restart the wifi adapter is gone, it was three months ago and i tried everything since update to windows 11, update and reinstall wifi driver, Winsock Reset, Network Reset basically i tried everything...
  6. Wifi adapter is gone missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter is gone missing: My laptop was running on windows 10 and an auto update happened, after the restart the wifi adapter is gone, it was three months ago and i tried everything since update to windows 11, update and reinstall wifi driver, Winsock Reset, Network Reset basically i tried everything...
  7. Wifi adapter is gone missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. My wifi network adapter is gone

My wifi network adapter is gone: Hi, so my wifi network adapter stopped working so I uninstalled it but I didn't click the box that said delete from device. I have reset my computer 4 times but the adapter doesn't come back, I tried calling Microsoft support but they hung up on me haha. Is there any fix to...
  9. WIFI adapter has gone missing, please help!

WIFI adapter has gone missing, please help!: My HP Pavilion Laptop with windows 10 has an internal wireless card - Realtek. I have been having difficulty connecting wirelessly of late, i usually disable and enable the WI-FI adapter and it used to connect. Now for some reason the adapter has disappeared totally and i...
  10. WiFi adapter and Wifi settings are gone

WiFi adapter and Wifi settings are gone: I am unable to connect to the internet on my laptop through wifi and i can't find any wifi related setting on my laptop. All the wifi settings have dissapeard and in the network adapters Wifi adapter is not present. Ethernet and Bluetooth work though. Please help me out...