Windows 10: My wifi adapter just disconnects very frequently after driver update.

Discus and support My wifi adapter just disconnects very frequently after driver update. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I bought my wifi adapter about a year ago and it was working perfectly fine. But there was a driver update flash drive that came in the box so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Developer7, Jan 26, 2022.

1. My wifi adapter just disconnects very frequently after driver update.

So I bought my wifi adapter about a year ago and it was working perfectly fine. But there was a driver update flash drive that came in the box so I plugged it in and updated the driver about a month ago and ever since then it disconnects like every 5mins then I have to reconnect it manually. I’ve tried literally everything please help. This is the link to the adapter I bought if that helps. USB 3.0 WiFi Adapter AC1300Mbps for PC, Wireless Network Adapter Dual Band 5GHz 2.4GHz for Mac OS 10.6 -10.15,Windows XP,10,8.1,7,Vista https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SFDBLL7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_782ZG01C

:)

Developer7, Jan 26, 2022

2. WiFi disconnecting frequently but reconnects on running troubleshoot

Hi,

My brand new Asus Vivobook S14 S430FA with Windows 10 1903 is getting disconnected from WiFi frequently.
    I have tried updating the driver and uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and still the problem persists.
    After getting connected to a WiFi, it stays for some time and then gets disconnected.
    But then, if I disable and enable the device driver, or run Diagnose on the WiFi adapter, the WiFi gets reconnected, but again gets disconnected after some time, and this continues.
    On running Diagnosis, it reconnects the WiFi, and says it hasreset the adapter. But the problem still arrives after some time.
    Please help me.

soorajsnair, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Wifi disconnects frequently Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 26, 2022
  4. My wifi adapter just disconnects very frequently after driver update.

Wifi frequently disconnecting, Win10? Any suggestions please??

Hi Raja D,

I realize that the WiFi is disconnecting frequently. I will try to help you with this issue.

You will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues.

Open the Network troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View All.
    Click on “Network Adapter” troubleshooter to fix problems with
    Network Adapter. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Further, suggest you to follow all the steps from this article to check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

My wifi adapter just disconnects very frequently after driver update.

1. My wifi adapter just disconnects very frequently after driver update. - Similar Threads - wifi adapter disconnects

2. Laptop is very slow and disconnects frequently from wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is very slow and disconnects frequently from wifi: All of the sudden my PC is working very slow. Very slow to load a page, lag in video camera, etc. I have Windows 10 pro. It says windows 11 doesn't work on this device in case that info helps....
  3. Laptop is very slow and disconnects frequently from wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is very slow and disconnects frequently from wifi: All of the sudden my PC is working very slow. Very slow to load a page, lag in video camera, etc. I have Windows 10 pro. It says windows 11 doesn't work on this device in case that info helps....
  4. Laptop is very slow and disconnects frequently from wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My wifi adapter just disconnects very frequently after driver update.

My wifi adapter just disconnects very frequently after driver update.: So I bought my wifi adapter about a year ago and it was working perfectly fine. But there was a driver update flash drive that came in the box so I plugged it in and updated the driver about a month ago and ever since then it disconnects like every 5mins then I have to...
  6. My wifi adapter just disconnects very frequently after driver update.

My wifi adapter just disconnects very frequently after driver update.: So I bought my wifi adapter about a year ago and it was working perfectly fine. But there was a driver update flash drive that came in the box so I plugged it in and updated the driver about a month ago and ever since then it disconnects like every 5mins then I have to...
  7. Wifi frequently disconnects due to driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi frequently disconnects due to driver: I have a Windows 10 computer, which is constantly disconnecting. Sometimes it will even lose track of the network despite no issues with the signal and I am forced to manually fix the problem by resetting the wireless adapter. The driver is up to date. What could be causing...
  8. Wifi frequently disconnects due to driver

Wifi frequently disconnects due to driver: I have a Windows 10 computer, which is constantly disconnecting. Sometimes it will even lose track of the network despite no issues with the signal and I am forced to manually fix the problem by resetting the wireless adapter. The driver is up to date. What could be causing...
  9. Wifi frequently disconnects due to driver

10. Wifi network adapter requires reset very frequently

Wifi network adapter requires reset very frequently: Hi I need to reset my wi-fi adapter details are given below: SSID: AMEYA Protocol: 802.11n Security type: WPA2-Personal Network band: 2.4 GHz Manufacturer: Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc. Description: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b|g|n WiFi Adapter Driver...