Windows 10: My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi

Discus and support My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My wifi adapter is not showing the the list of available networks i have tried everything but none of them is working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by prateeksinghMR, Feb 23, 2022.

1. My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi

My wifi adapter is not showing the the list of available networks i have tried everything but none of them is working

:)

prateeksinghMR, Feb 23, 2022

2. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Feb 23, 2022
  3. WG9
    WG9 Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

4. CyberZeus Win User

My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi

Connection drops with USB Wifi adapter

Hi everyone,
    since my laptop if far from my NetGear access point, I bought an external USB Wifi Adapter with antenna and it reaches very well my AP. Ookla Speedtest says the same speed as the wire connected devices.
    The problem is when the download speed reaches its maximum rate (about 9 / 9.5 MB/s): the adapter stops downloading, ping to the router fails and the wifi icon on the tasktray turns into the world icon (no connection). I have to unplug the USB adapter and replug it or disconnect the wifi connection and reconnect it to have it working again.
    If i take my laptop near the AP and use the internal Wifi connection, it doesn't happen, it never disconnects.
    I made a try with another laptop and the problem is the same.
    I think the problem is the wifi adapter, I already sent back it to Amazon and bought another one, with no luck.
    The chipset of the USB adapter is Realtek 8812BU.
    My Windows version is Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (build SO 19044.1415).

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

CyberZeus, Feb 23, 2022
Thema:

My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi

1. My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi - Similar Threads - wifi adapter connecting

2. Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting: Hello,In shot, this is a USB wifi adapter issue with a very long history of being a nuisance. Windows 11.The current problem is that Windows Update recently started to update my driver to:Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Net - 5001.15.129.0The current driver version...
  3. Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting: Hello,In shot, this is a USB wifi adapter issue with a very long history of being a nuisance. Windows 11.The current problem is that Windows Update recently started to update my driver to:Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Net - 5001.15.129.0The current driver version...
  4. My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi: My wifi adapter is not showing the the list of available networks i have tried everything but none of them is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-not-connecting-to-wifi/3ce3747e-9214-4d91-91dc-65167d24faa6
  5. My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi: My wifi adapter is not showing the the list of available networks i have tried everything but none of them is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-not-connecting-to-wifi/3ce3747e-9214-4d91-91dc-65167d24faa6
  6. my wifi adapter causes blue screen as soon as it connects to wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my wifi adapter causes blue screen as soon as it connects to wifi: I am using https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07YBS7C4R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 this model. It's fine with my other wifi adapter, but this one causes blue screen.However, I manually downloaded RTL8811AU driver from realtek webpage. And it kinda...
  7. Issue with wifi connectivity, adapter not detecting wifi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with wifi connectivity, adapter not detecting wifi network: I am not able to connect to wifi as it is not getting detected. I have to then execute the netsh command and restart machine. This fixes the problem for some time however in few mins the connection is lost again. Can someone help how i can fix this. the problem has started...
  8. sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter

sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter: hi so, I am trying to make the following: (idB)USB wifi as Access Point <---WALL---> Windows 10 Pro Laptop <----WALL---> (idA)USB wifi connected to internet idA is an Alfa networks long range wifi adapter idB USB is located 4 meters away from idA USB and two concrete walls in...
  9. No wifi connections available, no wifi adapter choice

No wifi connections available, no wifi adapter choice: hello, I am writing this on my phone. I got an Acer Aspire about a week ago and it has always connected to my wifi no problem. now it won't, and it says no internet options are available. [IMG] when i try to troubleshoot it, it leads me to this [IMG]i found on another...
  10. How to connect WiFi adapter

How to connect WiFi adapter: I'm not very computer literate, so simple language please! Like others, I have suddenly lost WiFi internet access on my PC (Windows 10). I get No Available Networks. Having tried all suggestions for about six hours, I wondered if it's to do with WiFi adapters. I went...